My head is spinning , please help

I book at 7 months, so keep use years across my contracts strictly the same to combine easier.
that makes sense also, we do a lot of booking at 7 months also, usually split our stay at AK at the beginning and then switch, but its usually to the BC and BW, so if we have 11 months advantage at RIV it would be nice.

If buying direct I like different UY versus same. May get more perks in some ways. I don't have different UY on direct only resale and don't see any issues. I have a friend who has 2 different UY direct and books moonlight magic under both memberships. Makes me a little envious wish I did that back when you only needed 25 pts. Not going to buy another direct just for this but it's a nice perk!

I didn't think about that !
that's a big plus if able to to do that with 2 different memberships
thank you

With two membership numbers (from having two different use years) you will be able to have 4 waitlists going instead of just 2.

So, one thing to note - this is not from my own experience but something I was told as part of the DVC show - if you buy direct - they will ONLY sell you a matching UY to your existing contract. I am assuming by the conversation you are looking at RIV direct. Check with a guide, but they may not sell you a different UY.

So, one thing to note - this is not from my own experience but something I was told as part of the DVC show - if you buy direct - they will ONLY sell you a matching UY to your existing contract. I am assuming by the conversation you are looking at RIV direct. Check with a guide, but they may not sell you a different UY.
They will sell you a different use year if you insist. However, it will be for a new membership, subject to whatever minimum purchase requirement is currently in effect. (So no 25 point add-ons if you want a different use year).

They will sell you a different use year if you insist. However, it will be for a new membership, subject to whatever minimum purchase requirement is currently in effect. (So no 25 point add-ons if you want a different use year).

OK - I figured if you pushed hard enough they would do it - why wouldn't they take your money - but I was just repeating what I was told. So currently that's basically a 100 point buy-in minimum.

Personally, if it's two different resorts and you know you typically want to use it in the fall, I would say get the two different use years. I have two totally on purpose, and one is used solely for booking at Boardwalk and the other is used for any 7 month bookings, so the fact that they are different Use Years doesn't make it difficult at all. Even handling 3 use years would be doable, but I would never want more than 3. I would also never want contract at the same home resort that had different use years.

ok, that's good to know, thank you

OK - I figured if you pushed hard enough they would do it - why wouldn't they take your money - but I was just repeating what I was told. So currently that's basically a 100 point buy-in minimum.

Personally, if it's two different resorts and you know you typically want to use it in the fall, I would say get the two different use years. I have two totally on purpose, and one is used solely for booking at Boardwalk and the other is used for any 7 month bookings, so the fact that they are different Use Years doesn't make it difficult at all. Even handling 3 use years would be doable, but I would never want more than 3. I would also never want contract at the same home resort that had different use years.

yes, the two reasons are to have the 11 months advantage for a resort close to both Epcot and HS and to book for fall or Thanksgiving

One think that I forgot to ask was that I was told that once we start the paperwork to buy at RIV that the points were going to be available the next day to use for any stays after Dec 16, 2019. I'm wondering if get another UY, if that won't be the case, since it will be another membership number. I was wondering because we arrive on Dec 20th , just in case something came up at RIV and could stay 1 or 2 nights there.

One think that I forgot to ask was that I was told that once we start the paperwork to buy at RIV that the points were going to be available the next day to use for any stays after Dec 16, 2019. I'm wondering if get another UY, if that won't be the case, since it will be another membership number. I was wondering because we arrive on Dec 20th , just in case something came up at RIV and could stay 1 or 2 nights there.

If you go with an Aug UY, those points would be eligible for stays in December. Since it will be a different UY, it would be a new reservation and different from the one you have,

So, if you were hoping to get a few nights at RIV to replace nights you have, those current nights would have to be canceled at least 31 days in advance to avoid holding.

But, you would have the points. I tried when I added on to get a few nights at RIV for the 17th and 18thand they weren’t able to help me get something that wasn’t available. Tried to push the whole welcome home...even though I was a member, my kids were new, but couldn’t get it,

Good luck! Maybe you will get someone who can!

If you go with an Aug UY, those points would be eligible for stays in December. Since it will be a different UY, it would be a new reservation and different from the one you have,

So, if you were hoping to get a few nights at RIV to replace nights you have, those current nights would have to be canceled at least 31 days in advance to avoid holding.

But, you would have the points. I tried when I added on to get a few nights at RIV for the 17th and 18thand they weren’t able to help me get something that wasn’t available. Tried to push the whole welcome home...even though I was a member, my kids were new, but couldn’t get it,

I know !
I was told that the Welcome Home thing was only for new members!
I personally think that they should help get us get at least a couple of nights, but all we can do is ask.
Thank you for your response and for reminding me about the 31 days before.

That is definitely not true. And you don't need to insist. We already had 2 prior UYs and they just asked which UY we wanted.

Also did not hear anything about minimum buy in/add on, though it looks like OP is buying more than 100 points anyway.

I think it took a couple days for points to show up in our account. @Sandisw says, it's pretty hard to get anything at RIV in Dec/Jan as those have been booked solid since the 7mo window opened back in May. And you'd have the problem with points in holding.

That is definitely not true. And you don't need to insist. We already had 2 prior UYs and they just asked which UY we wanted.

Also did not hear anything about minimum buy in/add on, though it looks like OP is buying more than 100 points anyway.

I think it took a couple days for points to show up in our account. @Sandisw says, it's pretty hard to get anything at RIV in Dec/Jan as those have been booked solid since the 7mo window opened back in May. And you'd have the problem with points in holding.

I spoke with our guide today and she suggested waiting for a couple of nights just in case, we have points to cover those two nights, she said that if we get the wait list they can swap the points from our AK to the RIV ones after.

Hello,
I wanted to ask you since you added your adult children to your RIV contract, if I add my married adult daughter, she will get a blue card also, correct? I would like her to be able to get the discounted Gold AP since she doesn't live with us. Also , I have 3 children but the youngest one is not 18 yet until next year. Should I add my other two now when I buy and then add her later? will it make it easier in the future to just add one instead of the 2 or 3 together ?
what would you do?
Thank you

Hello,
I wanted to ask you since you added your adult children to your RIV contract, if I add my married adult daughter, she will get a blue card also, correct? I would like her to be able to get the discounted Gold AP since she doesn't live with us. Also , I have 3 children but the youngest one is not 18 yet until next year. Should I add my other two now when I buy and then add her later? will it make it easier in the future to just add one instead of the 2 or 3 together ?
what would you do?
Thank you

Yes, anyone one the deed..,up to 6..are eligible for blue card and the discounts.

When you do a a gratuitous transfer, the process will be the same, no matter how many you will add..,one or more than one,

Adding them now means they become members now and will need to sign all the papers with you.

If you wait to add when the young one is at least 18 or older, it just means they become members then,

I choose to use the title company and not try myself, but it costs more that way.

We did it as joint tenancy with right of survivorship. That means everyone still remains owners as we pass.

My kids are all on their own and have Traveled to Disney without me. Now they can get food and merchandise discounts...well, two of the 3 since one DD is a Disney CM and her discounts are better..but she may not always be.,.when there on their own,

Yes, anyone one the deed..,up to 6..are eligible for blue card and the discounts.

When you do a a gratuitous transfer, the process will be the same, no matter how many you will add..,one or more than one,

Adding them now means they become members now and will need to sign all the papers with you.

If you wait to add when the young one is at least 18 or older, it just means they become members then,

I choose to use the title company and not try myself, but it costs more that way.

We did it as joint tenancy with right of survivorship. That means everyone still remains owners as we pass.

My kids are all on their own and have Traveled to Disney without me. Now they can get food and merchandise discounts...well, two of the 3 since one DD is a Disney CM and her discounts are better..but she may not always be.,.when there on their own,
[/QUOTE

Nice, so I would assume that they will have to sign either way, now or later.
I may just wait until I can add them all if my oldest DD will not be buying an AP soon.
How long does it take to get them added later on?
We may go back Thanksgiving 2020 so she may want to get it before that.

Using the title company Disney recommend it took about 2 weeks. But I think they rushed it because I was buying Rivera and they couldn’t process those papers until the other transfer happened!

They initially told me about a month or so

Using the title company Disney recommend it took about 2 weeks. But I think they rushed it because I was buying Rivera and they couldn’t process those papers until the other transfer happened!

They initially told me about a month or so

I see, ok, thank you for your quick responses ! I hope that you like what you see when you visit RIV, we are going to try and go eat to look at the resort when we get there in 2 weeks! I can't wait !
Have a Blessed Christmas !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!