My ideas for Disney+ shows/movies based on Disney Parks!

PrinceEricsBich

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, I'm new here! This is my first post =) I wanted to share a (long) list of shows and movies that I came up with for Disney+ based on Disney Parks! Hope you enjoy and feel free to add your ideas!

MAGIC KINGDOM / DISNEYLAND
- The Enchanted Tiki Tales - An animated children’s series based on the birds from the show exploring new places featuring the classic songs and new songs.
- The Trader Sam Saga - A short film about the backstory of Trader Sam.
- A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - A docuseries with each episode looking through a different era in time or the future using elements from the show.
- It’s A Small World After All - An animated children’s show that teaches kids basic words and phrases in other languages. Each episode would take another language and be hosted by animated dolls from that country.
- Meet the Grim Grinning Ghosts - Animated shorts where each episode tells the backstory of a ghost in the Haunted Mansion in the style of the poems on the tombstones (but longer). Narrated by the Ghost Host, of course (they could do 999 of them if they were ambitious enough lol).
- Magic Kingdom: Under the Scenes - A doc about the utilidor system under Magic Kingdom.
- Johnny Depp: Pirate of the Caribbean - Follow Johnny as he gets into character from the movie franchise and surprises guests at the famous attraction.
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You - A live-action animated film based on the sequences of the popular Halloween parade.
- Alice in Fantasyland - An animated series based on the movie but in each episode she goes to - Fantasyland instead of Wonderland. Storylines would be based on attractions.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic in 3D - An extended animated movie based on the 3D show. They could even offer it in 3D.
- Skipper Stories - A young adult live-action series based on the Jungle Cruise adventure books. It could even tie into the movie.

EPCOT
- Living with the Land - A doc about the history and importance of plants, farming, gardening, sustainability, etc.
- Soarin’ to New Heights - Each short would feature an extended view of a different region similiar to the ride with the music plus Disney animated magic.
- Drinking Around The World - A game show where contestants drink around World Showcase and compete in games in each country (they would never do this but it would be funny lol).
- HarmonioUS in 360 - An interactive 360 view of the new Epcot show (turn your phone to see the different views or press buttons on your computer/TV).

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

- Fantasmic!: The Movie - An animated version of the show.
- The Real Backlot Studios Tour - Bring back the beloved attraction as a docuseries. Each episode will explore behind the scenes looks at making different shows, movies, props, sets, soundstages, etc.
- Return of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - A competition show where families extravagantly decorate their houses for Christmas. The winner gets a mini Osborne Family Lights display on their house for the next Christmas season.

ANIMAL KINGDOM
- Tarzan Rocks Live - I wish they would put on one more performance and pro film it. I loved this show!
- Finding Nemo: the Musical Edition - It would be cool if Pixar animated the musical numbers from the show and made a version of the movie that included the songs (I know a lot of people don’t love this show but I do lol).

WATER PARKS
- Ice Gator and the Legend of Mount Gushmore - A fictional short film based on the backstory of Blizzard Beach and how the water park “came to be.”
- The Myth of Miss Tilly - Same as above but for Typhoon Lagoon.

ENTERTAINMENT
- Accounts from the Adventurers Club - A live action adult series based on the characters and stories from the club at Pleasure Island.
- The SEA Chronicles - A live action adult series based on the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (there could even be an episode based on Mystic Manor - it’s supposed to have a cool backstory).
- Disney Backstage - Each episode would take us behind the scenes of the planning and making of Disney live entertainment from parades to the cruise shows to Broadway.
- Disney In Concert - I used to live these on the Disney Channel in the 90s with Britney, NSync, Backstreet Boys, etc. They could bring it back and showcase concerts held all over Disney Parks. They already have a lot of concerts in Epcot for different festivals that they could film.
- Character Couture - A doc about the design and making of Disney costumes from the park characters to the animatronics to the cast members to movies/TV shows.
- Becoming Disney - I’ve always wanted to know what it’s like for a cast member to become a Disney character - the audition process, the training, the hair/makeup, costumes. Each episode of this docuseries would take a different cast member/character (I don’t think they would ever want to expose this though).

RESORTS
- Disney Resorts: Behind the Key - A docuseries with each episode exploring a different Disney resort hotel. It would go into the history of the resort, show us behind the scenes of their restaurants, and let us tour high-end suites that we don’t usually get to see.
- Play on the Way - This would be similar to cash cab. They would transform certain Minnie Vans, monorail cars, Skyliner gondolas, buses, and boats and the lucky families to get in them would play trivia games on the way to the parks. The winners would receive special access and VIP treatment. The cameras would follow their experience in the park as well.
- Victoria & Albert’s Kitchen - A reality show about the kitchen staff in Walt Disney’s World’s most high-end restaurant.

MERCH/FOOD
- Disney on Pins - A doc about how pin trading began and grew. It could explain some of the rare ones, show how they’re designed and made, show upcoming collections, etc.
- From Ear to Ear - A doc about how Mickey ears became so popular and a behind the scenes look at how they’re designed and made. They would cover the designer editions as well.
- Behind the Snacks - Go behind the scenes to Disney test kitchens and see how they come up with new snacks for their parks around the world and dive into the stories of their most popular snacks (Dole Whip, turkey legs, churros, etc.)

MISC.
- Disney at Night - A doc that follows the parks’ night crews and shows us exactly what happens from park close to park open.
- Disney’s Test Drives - Ride the rides that never were, like The Little Mermaid DVD ride along before they built the attraction. Imagineers usually create digital ride throughs or at least storyboards explaining the rides so we can experience the rides that were never built.
- Welcome to the Club: an Inside Look at Club 33 - A look inside the exclusive clubs that we will probably never have access to that are now in multiple parks.
- Castles in the Sky - A doc about the Disney Parks castles. They would cover everything from design, building, and what’s inside plus stories like the Cinderella Castle Suite, the 25th anniversary castle cake, the Hong Kong castle transformation, future plans, abandoned concepts, etc.
- Life is the Bubbles: Living at Sea - A cast member reality show based on what it’s really like to live and work on a Disney Cruise ship (glorified, of course lol).
- A Disney College Program - A reality show based on a batch of interns working at the parks and living together for the Disney College Program.
- The Marceline Stories - A docuseries interviewing towns people of Marceline and their stories and memories of Disney. It would explore Main Street, the museum, Walt’s house/barn/dreaming tree, etc. and show how elements of the town translated to the parks.
- Hanging a Left: the Joe Rohde Story - A live-action scripted movie about the Imagineer’s life. He’s always been so interesting to me. I named it Hanging a Left bc his trademark earrings hang in his left ear and Imaginers go left (or hang a left) when everyone else goes right. I can see the cover of the movie just being a closeup of his ear and all the charms in the earring represent projects he’s worked on!

Hey guys, I'm new here! This is my first post =) I wanted to share a (long) list of shows and movies that I came up with for Disney+ based on Disney Parks! Hope you enjoy and feel free to add your ideas!

MAGIC KINGDOM / DISNEYLAND
- The Enchanted Tiki Tales - An animated children’s series based on the birds from the show exploring new places featuring the classic songs and new songs.
- The Trader Sam Saga - A short film about the backstory of Trader Sam.
- A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - A docuseries with each episode looking through a different era in time or the future using elements from the show.
- It’s A Small World After All - An animated children’s show that teaches kids basic words and phrases in other languages. Each episode would take another language and be hosted by animated dolls from that country.
- Meet the Grim Grinning Ghosts - Animated shorts where each episode tells the backstory of a ghost in the Haunted Mansion in the style of the poems on the tombstones (but longer). Narrated by the Ghost Host, of course (they could do 999 of them if they were ambitious enough lol).
- Magic Kingdom: Under the Scenes - A doc about the utilidor system under Magic Kingdom.
- Johnny Depp: Pirate of the Caribbean - Follow Johnny as he gets into character from the movie franchise and surprises guests at the famous attraction.
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You - A live-action animated film based on the sequences of the popular Halloween parade.
- Alice in Fantasyland - An animated series based on the movie but in each episode she goes to - Fantasyland instead of Wonderland. Storylines would be based on attractions.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic in 3D - An extended animated movie based on the 3D show. They could even offer it in 3D.
- Skipper Stories - A young adult live-action series based on the Jungle Cruise adventure books. It could even tie into the movie.

EPCOT
- Living with the Land - A doc about the history and importance of plants, farming, gardening, sustainability, etc.
- Soarin’ to New Heights - Each short would feature an extended view of a different region similiar to the ride with the music plus Disney animated magic.
- Drinking Around The World - A game show where contestants drink around World Showcase and compete in games in each country (they would never do this but it would be funny lol).
- HarmonioUS in 360 - An interactive 360 view of the new Epcot show (turn your phone to see the different views or press buttons on your computer/TV).

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

- Fantasmic!: The Movie - An animated version of the show.
- The Real Backlot Studios Tour - Bring back the beloved attraction as a docuseries. Each episode will explore behind the scenes looks at making different shows, movies, props, sets, soundstages, etc.
- Return of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - A competition show where families extravagantly decorate their houses for Christmas. The winner gets a mini Osborne Family Lights display on their house for the next Christmas season.

ANIMAL KINGDOM
- Tarzan Rocks Live - I wish they would put on one more performance and pro film it. I loved this show!
- Finding Nemo: the Musical Edition - It would be cool if Pixar animated the musical numbers from the show and made a version of the movie that included the songs (I know a lot of people don’t love this show but I do lol).

WATER PARKS
- Ice Gator and the Legend of Mount Gushmore - A fictional short film based on the backstory of Blizzard Beach and how the water park “came to be.”
- The Myth of Miss Tilly - Same as above but for Typhoon Lagoon.

ENTERTAINMENT
- Accounts from the Adventurers Club - A live action adult series based on the characters and stories from the club at Pleasure Island.
- The SEA Chronicles - A live action adult series based on the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (there could even be an episode based on Mystic Manor - it’s supposed to have a cool backstory).
- Disney Backstage - Each episode would take us behind the scenes of the planning and making of Disney live entertainment from parades to the cruise shows to Broadway.
- Disney In Concert - I used to live these on the Disney Channel in the 90s with Britney, NSync, Backstreet Boys, etc. They could bring it back and showcase concerts held all over Disney Parks. They already have a lot of concerts in Epcot for different festivals that they could film.
- Character Couture - A doc about the design and making of Disney costumes from the park characters to the animatronics to the cast members to movies/TV shows.
- Becoming Disney - I’ve always wanted to know what it’s like for a cast member to become a Disney character - the audition process, the training, the hair/makeup, costumes. Each episode of this docuseries would take a different cast member/character (I don’t think they would ever want to expose this though).

RESORTS
- Disney Resorts: Behind the Key - A docuseries with each episode exploring a different Disney resort hotel. It would go into the history of the resort, show us behind the scenes of their restaurants, and let us tour high-end suites that we don’t usually get to see.
- Play on the Way - This would be similar to cash cab. They would transform certain Minnie Vans, monorail cars, Skyliner gondolas, buses, and boats and the lucky families to get in them would play trivia games on the way to the parks. The winners would receive special access and VIP treatment. The cameras would follow their experience in the park as well.
- Victoria & Albert’s Kitchen - A reality show about the kitchen staff in Walt Disney’s World’s most high-end restaurant.

MERCH/FOOD
- Disney on Pins - A doc about how pin trading began and grew. It could explain some of the rare ones, show how they’re designed and made, show upcoming collections, etc.
- From Ear to Ear - A doc about how Mickey ears became so popular and a behind the scenes look at how they’re designed and made. They would cover the designer editions as well.
- Behind the Snacks - Go behind the scenes to Disney test kitchens and see how they come up with new snacks for their parks around the world and dive into the stories of their most popular snacks (Dole Whip, turkey legs, churros, etc.)

MISC.
- Disney at Night - A doc that follows the parks’ night crews and shows us exactly what happens from park close to park open.
- Disney’s Test Drives - Ride the rides that never were, like The Little Mermaid DVD ride along before they built the attraction. Imagineers usually create digital ride throughs or at least storyboards explaining the rides so we can experience the rides that were never built.
- Welcome to the Club: an Inside Look at Club 33 - A look inside the exclusive clubs that we will probably never have access to that are now in multiple parks.
- Castles in the Sky - A doc about the Disney Parks castles. They would cover everything from design, building, and what’s inside plus stories like the Cinderella Castle Suite, the 25th anniversary castle cake, the Hong Kong castle transformation, future plans, abandoned concepts, etc.
- Life is the Bubbles: Living at Sea - A cast member reality show based on what it’s really like to live and work on a Disney Cruise ship (glorified, of course lol).
- A Disney College Program - A reality show based on a batch of interns working at the parks and living together for the Disney College Program.
- The Marceline Stories - A docuseries interviewing towns people of Marceline and their stories and memories of Disney. It would explore Main Street, the museum, Walt’s house/barn/dreaming tree, etc. and show how elements of the town translated to the parks.
- Hanging a Left: the Joe Rohde Story - A live-action scripted movie about the Imagineer’s life. He’s always been so interesting to me. I named it Hanging a Left bc his trademark earrings hang in his left ear and Imaginers go left (or hang a left) when everyone else goes right. I can see the cover of the movie just being a closeup of his ear and all the charms in the earring represent projects he’s worked on!
This is amazing!!! Thank you so much!

I like that you're digging into the more obscure stuff. Some of it is pretty unlikely, but I'd probably watch every one of them. I've always thought Fantasmic! should be a full theatrical animated film with like every Disney character in it.

I like that you're digging into the more obscure stuff. Some of it is pretty unlikely, but I'd probably watch every one of them. I've always thought Fantasmic! should be a full theatrical animated film with like every Disney character in it.
Oh yeah for sure lol. Just my dream list 😁 I wish!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter