My invitations - I am so proud!!

Aurora63

<font color=0066CC>I do look ravishing, don't I?<b
Well, I am definetly a budget bride. We are doing Disney's intimate, combining our wedding and honeymoon. I am not having many guests, but I really wanted invitations, and nice ones at that, hopefully a Disney theme...however, if you've ever looked, you know that disney invites are a pretty penny.

Well, I did some experimenting on my computer with some Disney clip art I had downloaded. I went out and purchased the invitations at Joannes today. It was a plane white card with a vellum overlay and ribbon to attach it. The pack of ten cost me $12. At home, I put an image of Cinderella and the prince dancing, stretched it out to fill the entire space of the paper, and made it into a water mark. Didn't quite like it, after I really looked. It wasn't that bad, but when you stretch out clip at like that, it can start to look very "computery."

So, this time, I shrunk the same image just a little, and put it at the top center of the invite. I then had another image, of the mice from Cinderella, where they are standing in a row and looking up. I put them at the bottom. Then I put the wording in the center in purple ink. It looks like the mice are looking up at the text, and at Cindy & the Prince dancing. I printed it all on the vellum, and tied it with the ribbon to the heavy card. I must say, I am much happier with this than I was with the first one. It looks beautiful. At some point, I will try to scan it and put it on my website. But I am really happy. And it was cheap!

Have a great night and weekend!

-Aurora

It sounds lovely. I wish I could have been so creative. We ended up buying invitations from a printing company that had one with a castle on it. Not Disney but it was pretty.

We got the same invitations from a printing company...the ones with the castle. I had wanted the Mickey and Minnie ones, but like you said, they are a pretty penny. The ones with castle are beautiful. Then the inner envelopes are lined with stars and moons in silver foil.

Mickybean0816
Wedding July 26
HM July 27-31 @ CSR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter