My issues with the multi-use toiletries

WDWAurora

<font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'
So, I really have no issue with the change in toiletries to doing away with the small bottles. That being said, I had two issues that I didn’t expect. First of all, we don’t use body wash, particularly with a washcloth. It doesn’t really work well. I ended up calling for another bottle of soap so that we would have one in the shower area, as well.

My primary issue is placement. For bathtub use, they really aren’t in a safe place. They are high and behind you, which causes you to need to almost stand up and turn around to get what you need. As a parent of kids old enough to bathe themselves, as well as someone who appreciates a soak after hard days in the park, I found this to be an issue. I guess I hadn’t considered placement. Not sure where would be best, but the location didn’t work for our family at all.

Just us on those two issues? Like I said, I don’t hate the concept. I’m happy to reduce waste.

So, I really have no issue with the change in toiletries to doing away with the small bottles. That being said, I had two issues that I didn’t expect. First of all, we don’t use body wash, particularly with a washcloth. It doesn’t really work well. I ended up calling for another bottle of soap so that we would have one in the shower area, as well.

My primary issue is placement. For bathtub use, they really aren’t in a safe place. They are high and behind you, which causes you to need to almost stand up and turn around to get what you need. As a parent of kids old enough to bathe themselves, as well as someone who appreciates a soak after hard days in the park, I found this to be an issue. I guess I hadn’t considered placement. Not sure where would be best, but the location didn’t work for our family at all.

Just us on those two issues? Like I said, I don’t hate the concept. I’m happy to reduce waste.

Your post is so reflective of my thoughts that I had to check to make sure I hadn't written it and then forgotten.

I also don't use body wash but felt I could manage. When it came to taking a bath it was not easy to reach and use the body wash.

We were staying at Music for five nights. When we stay at Poly in August I will request a bar of soap for the shower. I'm thinking they'll be accommodating. I don't need a new one every day.

Our holder for our bottles wasn’t secured right and they kept moving around. It’s like they needed to tighten it to hold them in place better. I personally just don’t like the scents at all.

I would hate using shared toiletries. I also don't think they really reduce waste. A lot of people probably choose not to use them, so bring their own supplies. The individual packaging still gets used, but instead of being provided by WDW, they're provided by guests. So it saves Disney money, but won't help the environment.

Last edited:

I guess I've never even thought to use the provided toiletries. I always bring my own anyway.

Am I in the minority on that?

No, we bring ours as well. We do use the soap in the bath, so tht will be missed, however so far there is only one resort I have ever been to that I woudl leave all shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap home, and it is not WDW.

I am not worried about the shared toiletries. They have been in use at the gym and in some spas for years and so far I am still alive and well. I use then there, but for an extended timeframe, I need my own.

I guess I've never even thought to use the provided toiletries. I always bring my own anyway.

Not at all. The only thing that we use is the soap provided at the sink to wash our hands. The toiletries provided are low quality. I would rather bring my own.

We always bring the toiletries home and donate them to a women's shelter.

Last edited:

I also never use any of the toiletries at Disney, other than a bar of soap at the sink to wash hands.

I don't care for them, so bring my own large bottles of hair products (I use cleansing conditioner rather than shampoo) and my own bars of bath soap.

I do find the wall mounted ones tacky (but I haven't seen them in person). What does a parent bathing a toddler do (other than bring their own, so they can have it at the tub level)?

Not at all. The only thing that we use is the soap provided at the sink to wash our hands. The toiletries provided are low quality. I would rather bring my own.We always bring the toiletries home and donate them to a women's shelter.

Not a fan of shared toiletries either but want to address the bold (mine). H2Oplus is not a low quality product. It's pretty pricey and they have removed some of the harmful chemicals that your products might contain. They have no parabens, phthalates or mineral oil. If your own products contain those chemicals look them up...you probably will never use them again...especially if you use them on your kids.

Nope, I always bring my own aside from the hand washing soap. Not just at Disney, either, I bring my own for most trips unless it's a quick one night trip for work and I don't want to check a bag.

Not a fan of shared toiletries either but want to address the bold (mine). H2Oplus is not a low quality product. It's pretty pricey and they have removed some of the harmful chemicals that your products might contain. They have no parabens, phthalates or mineral oil. If your own products contain those chemicals look them up...you probably will never use them again...especially if you use them on your kids.
I use very high end professional salon hair products that do not contain sulphates or any of the other ingredients you listed. I use Elemis Spa products to to cleanse and moisturize my skin. We use Dove soap which is very gentle and recommended for babies by pediatricians.

I tried Disney's hair products which dried out my hair, so no, never again.

I tried Disney's hair products which dried out my hair, so no, never again.
I thought I was imaging things! Even when I used the entire bottle of conditioner in my hair, it still ended up even more dry than it is at home...which is hard to believe as I live at an elevation of nearly 9,000 feet above sea level. Hard to believe I could have dry hair in all that humidity, but I did! When I use my own products at Disney, I no longer have dry, frizzy hair...it’s just frizzy, lol.

Nope, we bring our own. I am not about to use their shampoo on my hair. DH can use mine for a short trip.
We do use their bar soap, we actually like it.
As for shared, we have yet to stay in one of the resorts with these installed. At least not at Disney. We have "in the real world"

Exactly. I like H2O Plus a lot. The Deluxe resorts provide their skin care items. I've used the moisturizer and like it a lot. I've bought it at Ulta since. It's not the highest end item but not low end either.
And I really love their foot relief cream. Bought a big tube of that too.

They aren’t providing bath soap anymore? I always use the H2O Disney products. I don’t have a problem with them and don’t want the extra weight in my luggage. I use the body wash, I pack a bath thingy. What I find that does my hair in is the Florida water, not the product.
I’m glad they haven’t installed these in WL or any of the deluxe yet.
I can see how this would be a problem with placement if having a bath. Don’t know what the answer is. But if I have a bath, I’m not washing my hair in the bath water. At the end I stand up and use the shower to wash hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter