• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My kids can eat healthy at home, don't make them do it on vacation!

Minnie's Mate

DIS Veteran
Thank you Kevin! I really appreciate the healthy options at Disney restaurants, too, but give me options.

Especially for kids. If it weren't for hot dogs and mac-n-cheese and french fries, my kids would starve when we are at Disney. And some of the servers at some of the restaurants won't let you substitute items for the fruit cups and neither of my kids like fruit cocktail. Normally, they both eat more veggies than meat and both prefer fruit than french fries, but we give them FRESH fruit and FRESH vegetables at home, not canned fruit and not canned veggies. My 7 year old son orders salad over a hot dog and fries when when we go to a steak house, but tossed salads aren't typically offered on the Disney menus. Arghhh!!!

I agree...
I think they should offer a selection of both. Let the parent and kids make the decision, but don't force it. I suggest if you disagree with the menu selection, let them know. Ask to see the chef or manager, and send a message to Disney when you get home or now, if you're not there, but going soon.

I seem to remember the last time we were there, most of the kids menus were the same from restaurant, and not very good choices that my kids cared for.

I totally agree. Disney should be putting healther options out there, but not by taking options away!

Give the kids recognisable but good food, maybe even do 'mini meals' like they do in some resturants, same food but smaller portions!

Kids should have just as much choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter