My latest publication: the cover of LA's Musis Connection magazine

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I know this isn't Disney-related, but I post here often enough that perhaps one self-promoting, self-congratulatory post will be allowed, tolerated and overlooked ;-).

I'm very proud of my latest publication: I interviewed rising Australian artist Vance Joy for the December cover of Music Connection magazine (print and online). Interested readers may also read/download it in better resolution at/from http://www.musicconnection.com/digital The print version is available in music stores and Barnes & Noble bookstores across the country.

Vance Joy MC Dec 2017_Page_1.jpg

Vance Joy MC Dec 2017_Page_2.jpg

Vance Joy MC Dec 2017_Page_3.jpg

Vance Joy MC Dec 2017_Page_4.jpg

Vance Joy MC Dec 2017_Page_5.jpg

it is evidence of harmony within the kingdom of joy.......providence of the writer we seek to read as he takes notes to bring music to us not in the kingdom today.

I just saw your publication tonight on the counter at Catalina Bar & Grill! We were checking in, I glanced down, and there was your cover story! DH didn't know what I was talking about at first when I kept repeating, "There's Wonkakid!" (There's who??) He was impressed when I finally explained everything. :) Have a very Merry Christmas in Chicago, Rob!

I just saw your publication tonight on the counter at Catalina Bar & Grill! We were checking in, I glanced down, and there was your cover story! DH didn't know what I was talking about at first when I kept repeating, "There's Wonkakid!" (There's who??) He was impressed when I finally explained everything. :) Have a very Merry Christmas in Chicago, Rob!

That's so awesome (just saw this)! Thanks for posting! I'm back in LA now and will be DL-bound early Sunday morning.

BTW, where's the Catalina Bar & Grill?

...BTW, where's the Catalina Bar & Grill?

Catalina's is in Hollywood, just east of Highland, on Sunset (http://www.catalinajazzclub.com). It's a really fun jazz venue in L.A. They get such fun artists there. It's not easy to see from the street -- it looks just like an office building, not a club. It was so cool to see your magazine cover right there on the check in counter!

Catalina's is in Hollywood, just east of Highland, on Sunset (http://www.catalinajazzclub.com). It's a really fun jazz venue in L.A. They get such fun artists there. It's not easy to see from the street -- it looks just like an office building, not a club. It was so cool to see your magazine cover right there on the check in counter!

Thanks again! You might enjoy this story. About five weeks ago I was at a music awards show at The Fonda in Hollywood. At the check in desk, there were a number of copies of Music Connection (the magazine I write for). I mentioned to the women who was checking me in that I'd also written that cover feature. After I got all of my wrist bands, etc and began to walk away she called out "Mr Putnam." I returned to the desk. "Yes?" I replied. "She then asked me to autograph the magazine. That was really cool -- never happened to me before. And of all places, right in Hollywood. Very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter