My Lowlight of 2019–The Rise of the Catterati

wiihoo888

DIS Veteran
I want to start by saying that I truly love my Chatterati friends. I love having the chance to chat with you on the Live Chats, as well as here on the boards. You have become a somewhat extended family for me, and I am grateful to know you, and even more grateful that I got to meet some of you this year. It was definitely my 2019 highlight.

That all being said, I really need to get something off of my chest about my least favorite part of 2019.....the Rise of the Catterati. i understand creative criticism, and the team has been super receptive and responsive to it. However, the personal attacks really need to stop. Nobody deserves to be attacked personally for just doing part of their job. This team goes above and beyond in sharing their experiences with us, and they leave channels of feedback open to specifically include us and have us share our feedback and comments. This of course leaves them open and vulnerable to any comment, and the personal attacks have been getting really unreasonable lately, especially on the Live Chats. I am extremely thankful that we are allowed that forum to communicate with each other, and believe we should all treat the team with the decency they deserve there.

I know the majority of the chat does not act in this manner. I also know that those making the comments may not be on the boards. I just wanted to do my part to thank the group for everything they do somewhere, and let them know that they are all appreciated. My wish for the new year is to have some of the cattiness subside in an otherwise amazing and supportive forum. Wishing all of you a most happy holiday season😀❤️

I could not agree with you more! It's not just the live chat, but any YouTube comments in general it's kind of crazy to me that you call yourself a fan, but then rip them to shreds in the comments. It's one thing if it's constructive and you're letting them know of an issue, but from what I've been seeing that's rarely the case. How would those people feel if they were told they were annoying, getting fat, miserable for simply doing their job? The whole mentality of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" seems to go out the window when you're sitting behind a screen and a keyboard. If it's not something you would say to their face, then just don't say it! They read the comments, they're human beings and even though I haven't actually met any of them yet all seem like genuinely nice people. I just wish people would remember that although they appear on your screen they are real people with real feelings.

I’m in most of the live chats ...this is a pretty much non issue and if anything is person it’s dealt with immediately.
I agree....most of the chats are very civil. There are a handful that get terribly personal. Last week’s was a doozy, and is what made me feel the need to speak up for the team. It won’t change anything that was said then, but hopefully It will let the team know that they are super appreciated and that those types of attacks have not gone unnoticed by us. Just sending some love🙂

I could not agree with you more! It's not just the live chat, but any YouTube comments in general it's kind of crazy to me that you call yourself a fan, but then rip them to shreds in the comments. It's one thing if it's constructive and you're letting them know of an issue, but from what I've been seeing that's rarely the case. How would those people feel if they were told they were annoying, getting fat, miserable for simply doing their job? The whole mentality of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" seems to go out the window when you're sitting behind a screen and a keyboard. If it's not something you would say to their face, then just don't say it! They read the comments, they're human beings and even though I haven't actually met any of them yet all seem like genuinely nice people. I just wish people would remember that although they appear on your screen they are real people with real feelings.
Everything you just said nails it. The undesirable consequence of open YouTube comments😢

Truth be told....the chat has gone downhill ever since the show went to YouTube only. Many of the same solid chatters are in there, but they're nearly drowned out by all the other noise. It's not even really worth following anymore. And this comes from someone who used to make the Tuesday live show an appointment each week, to watch AND chat, back when it was on the old site (the name is escaping me at the moment).

I understand why the DIS went to YT-only, and there are still good chatters, but they just get lost in a sea of nonsense. So I just listen to the show later these days.

Truth be told....the chat has gone downhill ever since the show went to YouTube only. Many of the same solid chatters are in there, but they're nearly drowned out by all the other noise. It's not even really worth following anymore. And this comes from someone who used to make the Tuesday live show an appointment each week, to watch AND chat, back when it was on the old site (the name is escaping me at the moment).

I understand why the DIS went to YT-only, and there are still good chatters, but they just get lost in a sea of nonsense. So I just listen to the show later these days.
I have to admit I did that this week. Sad because I, like you, really do enjoy catching up with everyone weekly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter