My Mom Just Passed Away

Both you and your mom loved going to Disney. I would go back very soon and do it in dedication and in celebration of your mom's life. When you see the fireworks over the castle, think of your fondest memories of her. Smile and celebrate her life. Know that she's looking down and smiling too. Trust me, this will make you feel better. The memories you made with your mom at Disney are priceless. Don't wait too long - go soon. This will be a big help to you.

::yes::

Dani
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom passed away 6 weeks ago after being diagnosed with lung cancer 3 and 1/2 months earlier. She was a vibrant 69 year old and I thought that was young. I miss my mom more than anyone who hasn't been through it will ever know. I have buried two brothers---one due to non-hodgins and the other to a car/bike accident but that loss is nothing like losing a mom. You sound like you were as close to your mom as I was. You and your dad are in my prayers and I am not just saying that. THe holidays are painful but you know that. One of my sisters (I have 2 sisters) is taking her husband and 2 teenager daughters to WDW for Christmas because she couldn't handle being here for Christmas. My dh and I will be there in Feb. but it was a trip that was planned before my mom got sick. I have mixed feelings about going. I love Disney to the point that my adult children think I am nuts but right now nothing seems like it can be fun. I know by our trip it might be easier but I am not sure.. AGain you are in my prayers.

Kimis, I wanted to say I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. please know that if you need to talk here, we are here to listen. I do know Holidays are so hard so take care of you and yours during the upcoming season. I will tell you it does get easier and you will remember the good times with her, and she will be with you always....there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of my Mom. Hear a song, the way I do something, a facial expression, something one of my girls said to me, not a day goes by that she is not with me. February is a wonderful time to go to WDW and you will probably do great when you are there.....let the magic take you over and just wallow in it..

Hugs....

kimis said:
Dani
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom passed away 6 weeks ago after being diagnosed with lung cancer 3 and 1/2 months earlier. She was a vibrant 69 year old and I thought that was young. I miss my mom more than anyone who hasn't been through it will ever know. I have buried two brothers---one due to non-hodgins and the other to a car/bike accident but that loss is nothing like losing a mom. You sound like you were as close to your mom as I was. You and your dad are in my prayers and I am not just saying that. THe holidays are painful but you know that. One of my sisters (I have 2 sisters) is taking her husband and 2 teenager daughters to WDW for Christmas because she couldn't handle being here for Christmas. My dh and I will be there in Feb. but it was a trip that was planned before my mom got sick. I have mixed feelings about going. I love Disney to the point that my adult children think I am nuts but right now nothing seems like it can be fun. I know by our trip it might be easier but I am not sure.. AGain you are in my prayers.

kimis...I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Those of us who have 'walked in your shoes' so to speak, understand the pain you are in. Losing a parent, especially one you are so close to, is incredibly difficult. It's been just over three years since my mom passed away, and I'm just starting an 'understanding death and grief' workshop at my church!! Let time pass...life will get back on track. It won't be the same, but it will get better, with time.
All of you out there, looking at holidays without loved ones, we're in this together. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter