My mom

cbeeindisney

DIS Veteran
My mom passed away very suddenly June 14th and my family and I are still trying to process. She hadn't been sick, she was loving life, there was no indication that she would have a massive heart attack and be gone within 30 minutes of walking into the ER on her own.

My parents have just returned three months prior from a Florida trip to their winter home and a week long Disney vacation. I was so excited for them to go, I helped plan it for them and checked in on their day every morning from the computer, logging into her MDE, this was their first trip to WDW without children since their honeymoon. I have found so many Disney pictures and can recount so many Disney memories with my mom and from her past. I thought how will I ever walk down Main Street and smile and laugh, but after finding these pictures, knowing this was her last trip and wanting for my DH and I to go, I am looking again at booking a trip in her memory. While I am only 34 years old, I realize I have my whole life to live and while I cannot imagine taking trips, laughing and being happy, she wouldn't want me to put my life on hold.

Thank you for letting me write and express my feelings as best as I can. I just wanted to put her memory out here, where she loved to browse and read and keep me updated about Disney. My best friend, my mom ❤

So very sorry to hear this about your mom, cbeeindisney. My condolences to you, your dad, family and your and your mom's friends. So sudden and unexpected.

Take comfort that your mom and dad had just recently returned from a wonderful winter trip at their winter home and were able to spend time at one of their favorite places together, Disney World, just the two of them, enjoying each other.

It sounds like you have a lifetime of wonderful memories of your mom. Cherish those, hold them dear. They will be with you for your lifetime ahead. Your mom will be with you for your lifetime ahead, and beyond.

God bless you, cbeeindisney, God speed for mom.

I'm very sorry for your and your family's loss. She sounds like she loved life and would be very happy to hear you will return to Disney again.

I lost my dad at the end of March and one of the things that cheered me up was coming across a picture I took of him and my mom walking with arms linked toward the train station into the Magic Kingdom. He's waiving a little a "Bye bye" behind his back to me as I'm not keeping up. I can hear his voice saying clear as day in my mind as I look at it.

Those memories are priceless.

Last edited:

I am so sorry. A parent's passing is definitely one of the hardest losses. I hope in time you can find peace and enjoy the wonderful memories your mom left for her loved ones. :hug:

I am so sorry your loss. The many memories your mom left you are a precious gift! May they bring you and your family much comfort during this difficult time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter