My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

Ray, Thanks for your informative posts about Fold and Go wheelchairs. I found a competitor of Fold and Go, and was almost convinced, but there were some subtle words or phrases that made me wonder. So I decided against that brand. Then I came to disboards hoping to find out what other people used for their mobility. That’s when I saw your posts. After reading all you said, I looked up Fold and Go. Google came up with a lot of hits for fold and go as a description and that threw me off a bit until I found the real Fold and Go. Anyway, after doing some research, my husband and I decided it would be exactly what I needed, it fit all my requirements. I ordered a Max Shock in red, it arrived last Wednesday, and I’ve been learning how to use the joystick. I’ve never used a joystick, never played a game that required one, so I found it to be very “touchy” to my inexperienced fingers. I’m learning though. My neighbors get a kick out of watching me go up and down my driveway. I suggested to them that they should walk or dart across my path, so I can get used to hoards of people crossing in front of me - but they very “graciously” declined. So far, I can drive straight, turn circles, turn around in one spot, drive along a narrow sidewalk with a turn in it, go through a doorway with a high threshold, and go through two doorways that are 5 feet apart. I’ve set a goal of this coming Friday to go out in public, possibly the Abilities Expo in Dallas. So, anyway, thanks for all your information. One more thing - I included in the comments section of the order form that you were very helpful and influenced my decision to buy the Fold and Go.

For people who are interested in the MagSHOCK and are near Dallas, TX (or who will be at the Abilities Expo there):

Fold & Go posted on their Facebook page today that they'll be at the Abilities Expo this weekend in Dallas, TX. They'll have all 12 colors of the MagSHOCK for people to "see, touch, sit in and test drive!" You can buy one there and take it home from the show. Their booth number is 551.

For people who are interested in the MagSHOCK and are near Dallas, TX (or who will be at the Abilities Expo there):

Fold & Go posted on their Facebook page today that they'll be at the Abilities Expo this weekend in Dallas, TX. They'll have all 12 colors of the MagSHOCK for people to "see, touch, sit in and test drive!" You can buy one there and take it home from the show. Their booth number is 551.
I might be there, trying Maggie out in public.

We tried one a couple times for our daughter’s wheelchair and found it was more of a bother than a help. It seemed we could never get it in the right place and it was often in the way.

I bought a Sportbrella, and found the same thing. I really wanted it to work, and we tried several different locations on Angus, to see if moving it would make a difference.

Alas, it did not. So, now I just go in January when I can use gobs of sunscreen, SPF clothing, and be outdoors for more than 10 minutes without bursting into flames! LOL

I bought a Sportbrella, and found the same thing. I really wanted it to work, and we tried several different locations on Angus, to see if moving it would make a difference.

Alas, it did not. So, now I just go in January when I can use gobs of sunscreen, SPF clothing, and be outdoors for more than 10 minutes without bursting into flames! LOL

We just got back from a WDW/DCL cruise/WDW trip: Dec 3-19 and managed not just no sunburn but not even a tan! UPF 50+ clothing and a bit of sunscreen for the win ! :-)

SW

I wanted to thank Ray again for this thread. I’m excited to be buying my new Fold and Go as soon as we turn to the new year and I’ll have it for our trip at the end of Feb.. I’ll be sure to mention you, Ray, when I order! 🥰 This chair seems to fit exactly what my needs are. I’m so grateful for your thorough reviews and stories. 👍

I wanted to thank Ray again for this thread. I’m excited to be buying my new Fold and Go as soon as we turn to the new year and I’ll have it for our trip at the end of Feb.. I’ll be sure to mention you, Ray, when I order! 🥰 This chair seems to fit exactly what my needs are. I’m so grateful for your thorough reviews and stories. 👍

Thank you, ppony.

I don't know what I would do without mine. Even with my broken wrist and dysfunctional leg, something is now wrong with my ankle. Even with forearm crutches, I have a hard time getting up and losing my balance. Old age I guess.

Thank you, ppony.

I don't know what I would do without mine. Even with my broken wrist and dysfunctional leg, something is now wrong with my ankle. Even with forearm crutches, I have a hard time getting up and losing my balance. Old age I guess.
Feel better, Ray. Getting old stinks. HUGS

Thank you, ppony.

Dang, Ray! We need to get you going in the other direction!

Hang in there, and we will all hold a happy thought that maybe your ankle is just being cranky!

I have the turquoise VersaBrella attached to my Heavy-Duty turquoise Fold and Go. It works well folded up as a reminder to people to look down and notice me and my chair. It works great as a shade while stationary. It doesn’t work as well being open while moving or in windy conditions...at least in my experience. I have wondered about attaching small guide ropes from the front corners down to my armrests, but that would then make standing difficult.

I just got mine this week - our (adult) daughter bought it for me after our last trip where my faithful, beloved Angus (my Travelscoot) finally wore out! (As in, I literally drove him to death. Poor lil guy!)

I made sure that the good folks at Fold and Go credited Ray as well. He is an amazing ambassador for them!

Oh - and mine is *purple*! We named him...

...Figment! 🤣

Now I just have to learn how to drive him!

I just got mine this week - our (adult) daughter bought it for me after our last trip where my faithful, beloved Angus (my Travelscoot) finally wore out! (As in, I literally drove him to death. Poor lil guy!)

I made sure that the good folks at Fold and Go credited Ray as well. He is an amazing ambassador for them!

...Figment! 🤣

Congratulations!

Mine took a little longer to get comfortable driving than I expected but it’s already made its inaugural visit to WDW and we did just fine. There are some circumstances where it seems more difficult to maneuver than an ecv and some where it’s easier. You‘ll do great.

...Figment! 🤣

Mine is purple too. 👍 We name all our pets in this house Disney characters, so the chair gets that treatment too. I’m still trying to figure out what works for me but Figment is in the running too. 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter