My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

I am still waiting for my wheelchair maker to post their wheelchair lift. I know, I've been waiting a long time. They are still working on it and they haven't posted anything yet.

Since the costs of my WDW stays in December 2019 are costing so much more and the inability to get all of my nights at Pop Century Resort together, I am think about renting an SUV to travel to WDW for my vacations and staying offsite.

I really don't want to do this though.

The one time I rented an SUV to go to the Smoky Mountains I found folding my Fold and Go Wheelchair without removing any parts and loading into the rear of the SUV was a lot better than taking apart my mobility scooter which, for me at this time in my life, is really labor intensive.

When I used to own my own car and drive down to WDW, I would have to remove the seat, both armrests, lift the two batteries, separate the rear wheel/motor section from the front section consisting of the floorboard and steering tiller.

Then I would have to lift each section and place it in the trunk of my car.

When I reached WDW, I had to do the reverse.

I sometimes thought that I couldn't do it and I had to go back in the air-conditioned car and rest.

View attachment 416891
This was my old 3-wheel Pride REVO mobility scooter.

View attachment 416892

And these were the separated parts. I didn't have a basket like the newer models, but everything else is the about the same. Back then, this was the only model that had the batteries with a built-in cabinet with handles and no wires to attach. They were built as part of the mobility scooter like the batteries of my fold and go.

View attachment 416893

View attachment 416894

View attachment 416895

View attachment 416896

I have only rented an SUV once using my Fold and Go Wheelchair and I got lucky with the rental of an SUV with a flat rear entrance door that was level to the rear opening instead of a drop down like you might see in a car trunk.

I own the heavy duty version and I carried a bath towel with me and placed it sideways over the bumper and into the rear SUV area that I was loading into.

I closed the wheelchairs with the wheels facing the rear of the SUV area and up close to the bumper.

My plane was not to lift my wheelchair and put it directly in.

My plan was to lean against the wheelchair and rear of the SUV to lift the wheelchair from the bottom metal area and to get it half of the way up to a tipping point into the SUV.

The towel helped slide my wheelchair up and over the edge.

Once I reached the halfway point, my wheelchair tipped forward and it became much easier.

I still lifted the bottom of my wheelchair and with the wheels on the bottom, I was able to push and roll the wheelchair all of the way into the SUV with the help of the towel and wheelchair wheels.

Then I locked the rear wheels again and just folded the towel into the SUV.

I reversed the process when removing the wheelchair.

I don't like to do it often and that is why I like WDW. I can fly, use DME, and use WDW transportation without me lifting it.

I thought about buying a collapsible ramp, or rather two ramps to roll the closed wheelchair into the rear of a rental SUV.

Since the Fold and Go Wheelchair folds front to back instead of side to side like a manual wheelchair, I can use this advantage of the four wheels to roll it up and into the rear of the SUV.

At least that is my theory.

I am still waiting for the company to come out with a lift that they are designing. I don't know what it will look like or how it will work or much it will cost, but if it is made especially for their wheelchair, I am interested.

Anyway, it is far easier than taking apart a mobility scooter, loading each piece and reversing the process and putting it together again.

My Fold and Go Wheelchair is all one piece. I don't even remove the joystick like I would on an Airline.

This isn't my photo, but this is just about what my heavy duty Fold and Go Wheelchair looks like when it is folded and rolled up to the bumper of an SUV. And I used a towel instead.

I would leave it in freewheel mode.

I would lift it using those cross bars between the two large rear wheels. So I had a good grib on the heavy part at the bar and I would lean against the wheelchair and SUV as I lifted and slid the wheelchair to a space between the front and rear wheels.

For me, this was the tipping point.

Then the front wheels are ready and positioned to roll forward automatically.

Then with less lifting and more pushing until the rear wheels touch the SUV floor until it is inside the SUV.

I lock the freewheels and push any protruding towel around the wheelchair and close the SUV rear door.

I reverse the procedure when I take it out.

I am always looking or Googling different types of ramps to use with a rental car and my wheelchair. I saw a Utube video of an experimental, foldable ramp that is interesting below.

View attachment 416898

.He appears to be using a wheelchair that is similar to mine because he says that instead of pushing it up the ramp, he used the joystick to roll the wheelchair up. And in the video, it folds up. I saved the video in case they actually start selling them in the future.

View attachment 416899

I like the design using minimal metal and material.

View attachment 416900

And it folds into a small package to fit into the SUV or car trunk.

Here is another self-made ramp that is interesting below.

A little bulkier, but it works and he also uses the joystick to drive the wheelchair down the ramp. That way he can control the speed and direction and stop it by letting go of the joystick like the earlier video.

Are you saying the Fold and Go needs to be taken apart for a regular car trunk or the old scooter did?

The other thing we often do if she can't handle waiting for a bus in the heat, or needs to go back to the hotel in a hurry is we'll grab an Uber. our regular foldable wheelchair fits in the trunk of most regular cars ( so most Ubers ). Would that not be the case with this?

Hi, xipetotec.

Are you saying the Fold and Go needs to be taken apart for a regular car trunk or the old scooter did?

No. I will in December with a rental car with a regular trunk and I will take photos of me loading it in the trunk

When my Fold and Go Wheelchair was delivered to me via mail, it came in one piece, fully charged except for the joystick was carefully packed separately.

So all I had to do was put the joystick on the armrest end and screw it in tight and off I went.

I have used a rental SUV and I didn't remove the joystick since the rear opening was so large.

I don't know if I will remove the joystick for the rental car with a regular trunk in September.

I just want to be careful and not hit the joystick when loading and unloading into a rental car trunk.

I do take the joystick off and take it onboard my Airline flights.

Until I actually try to load it, I won't know. I may not have to remove the joystick at all.

The other thing we often do if she can't handle waiting for a bus in the heat, or needs to go back to the hotel in a hurry is we'll grab an Uber. our regular foldable wheelchair fits in the trunk of most regular cars ( so most Ubers ). Would that not be the case with this?

Yes. I have used a Uber/Lyft, but I usually go for the Uber/Lyft SUV so that I have plenty of room in the back. I did use a Prius once for the first time using Lyft car and if fit fine without removing my joystick. I can't remember if they lowered the back seat. I don't even recall if a Prius has a folding back seat.

I load my heavy-duty Fold and Go Wheelchair like the video above instead of the video below. It is just easier for me than lifting it up and turning and placing it in the car. I lose my balance easily if I have to turn.

That is what I could no longer do that with my old mobility scooter. I had to take it apart into five pieces...lift each piece of the mobility scooter into the trunk when I used to own a car.

And then I had to do the reverse when I arrived at my destination.

And repeat the same procedure when going home.

It was just too much for me to do by myself.

I love my Fold and Go Wheelchair. If you decide to buy one, would you mind telling them that I recommended it to you. Thank you.

Even though I have no immediate plans to buy a car, I can rent them. I am curious when searching on Google for a car or SUV about the comfort for me in the driver's seat and the space in the trunk and the height from the ground to the trunk entrance.

I think the lower the trunk entrance the easier it might be for me to load my wheelchair.

But I don't want a car or SUV that is too difficult for me to get in and out of.

To give you an example of a car. A friend of mine drove me to lunch one day in his Honda Fit. It looked very small to me. I was using my cane. I was amazed how easy it was for me to get in and sit in the passenger seat. I didn't hit my head on the door entrance and I didn't sit low. It felt natural to just sit down like in a chair. And I Didn't have trouble getting my right leg and my head inside the passenger side.

Last edited:
Yes, the new Fold and Go Wheelchair called Magshock will replace the regular and heavy-duty wheelchairs as I have.

I love it. Joystick Quick-Release Connection for Easy Airplane Boarding. 5-Hour Rapid Global Battery Charger. Net Weight with Batteries: 50 LBS. WOW! Weight Capacity: 400 LBS. WOW! Industry Leading Hill Climbing Range: Up to a 25° Slope. Magnesium Frame: Strong as Titanium and Lighter than Aluminum. Maximum Ground & Puddle Clearance: 5 inches.

Differences between the original HD Model and the Magshock

Weight with batteries:
HD - 55 lbs
Mag - 50 lbs Lower

Weight Capacity:
HD - 365 lbs
Mag - 400 lbs Much Higher

Seat dimensions:
HD - 17"d × 19"w (optional kit to add 2" width)
Mag - 20"d × 20"w Much Bigger.

Both are 24" wide overall

Folded dimensions (without Joystick)

HD - 24" × 30" × 13"
Mag - 24" × 30" x 16"

FNGO_Maroon_UNFOLD3.jpg

I like the tubular, off-road bicycle Magnesium Frame that I have seen on those newer bicycles., the flat plate and lower leg rest for the footrest, the much bigger seat, and the much higher weight capacity.

They keep improving their product all of the time. Amazing.

FNGO_Maroon_UNFOLD4.jpg

FNGO_Maroon_UNFOLD5.jpg

FNGO_Maroon_FOLD3.jpg

FNGO_Maroon_FOLD4.jpg

FNGO_Maroon_FOLD2.jpg

• Magnesium Frame: Strong as Titanium and Lighter than Aluminum
  • MagSHOCK™: oval frame design with maximum shock absorbtion which increases bump-sensitivity and traction
  • MagCONTOUR™: ergonomically sculpted to match the curvature of your spine
  • Maximum Ground & Puddle Clearance: 5 inches (with Footrest Folded Up)
  • Industry Leading Hill Climbing Range: Up to a 25° Slope
  • NO FLAT Solid Rubber All-Terrain Rear Tires
  • NO FLAT Solid Rubber All-Terrain Front Caster Wheel
WHEELCHAIR WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS:
  • Net Weight with Batteries: 50 LBS
  • Weight Capacity: 400 LBS
  • Dynamic Drive 360 Degree Precision Control Joystick
  • 5-Speed Joystick Cruise Control: 0.5 MPH, 1 MPH, 2 MPH, 3 MPH, 4 MPH
  • Maximum Driving Speed: 4 MPH (ADA & FDA Compliant)
  • Unfolded Height: 38 inches
  • Overall Width: 24 inches (Fits through Bathroom Doors)
  • Folded Height: 36 inches (With Joystick in Armrest, 30 inches w/o)
  • Folded Width: 16 inches
  • Seat Width Between Armrests: 20 inches
  • Seat Depth: 20 inches
  • Backrest Height: 21 inches
  • Floor to Seat Cushion Height: 20 inches
  • Floor to Armrest Height: 28 inches
  • Rear All-Terrain Tread Wheel Dimensions: 12 inches by 2.5 inches
  • Front All-Terrain Tread Wheel Dimensions: 8 inches by 2 inches
  • Front to Back Wheelbase Length: 40 inches
  • Super Tight Turning Radius: 32 inches
  • Includes: 3-Year Warranty, ASAP Video Service Call, Wall Outlet Charger, Battery Only Charging Cable, Seat Belt, Nylon Double Zipper Storage Bag under the seat, and Mini Tool Kit

• FOLD & GO 4-Season WeatherPROOF System – Any Weather Protection Rain or Shine
  • WaterPROOF Rear Motor Wheels: 250 Watt x2 Brushless
  • WaterPROOF Dynamic Drive 360 Degree Precision Control Joystick
  • WaterPROOF Electromagnetic Brakes
  • Comes with 2 Lithium-ion batteries (each battery weighs 3 lbs)
  • Driving Range: 16 Miles – Includes 2 Batteries
  • TSA & FAA Approved Lithium-ion Battery (Airplane Use)
  • 5-Hour Rapid Global Battery Charger: 100-240V 1.5A 50/60Hz (Compatible Worldwide)
  • Total Battery Charging Time: 5 hours
  • WeatherPROOF Battery Life: 1,000 Charges
  • Joystick Quick-Release Connection for Easy Airplane Boarding
ProductSLOPE.jpg

MagSHOCK™ - Magnesium Wheelchair
13007359_1292189320797014_3361563379655671755_n.jpg

FOLD & GO Wheelchairs
We did it AGAIN!! Introducing our Newest WeatherPROOF Electric Wheelchair...MagSHOCK™. With a Magnesium Frame, Weighs only 50 LBS. The frame material provides the most comfortable ride in the industry. IN STOCK ready to ship in ALL 12 colors, with 2 new colors to choose from. Watch this video on all the amazing features of our NEWEST FOLD & GO Wheelchair.

Last edited:
@RaySharpton thank you this helpful and informative thread! I was 8 years old the first time I had surgery and needed a wheelchair. Decades later, here in my 40s, the time for a power chair is coming. Still using manual chair as long as possible. However, we've started looking into scooters and electric chairs. Scooters are cute, but the size and turning radius of those I've tried is maddening. I use forearm crutches a tiny bit still, and keep them with me at all times, and scooters just don't feel right. My doctor said a scooter is not going to be the best solution me, and I need to get over the fear of an electric chair.

If I end up getting a Fold & Go, I will tell them it's because of your review. I will also need to find out if there is a way to attach crutch holders.

We live and travel in an RV, and my manual chair rides (strapped down of course) in our truck bed, so weatherproof is a big bonus! Sorry to babble on! So excited to have read your thorough review, and wanted to say a hearty Thank You! :D

Hi, Glittercat. You're welcome and thank you, too.

The nice thing about the Fold and Go Wheelchair is that it fold front to back and allows you to use the four wheels to help roll it onto your truck bed.

A manual wheelchair folds from side to side and so you may not be able to use the wheels to help load and unload.

I bought one of their bungee nets that fit on the back of my chair that I can but anything to hold whether it was my walking cane or umbrella or reach stick or groceries.

I now bought a folding cane that I can hang on the front of my armrest. It has a wrist strap that will fit over my joystick back to the armrest. I also do the same thing with my folding automatic umbrella as it has a wrist strap that fits over my joystick. I also found a folding pick up stick that I bought a wrist strap for when I go grocery shopping. It also fits over my joystick.

@RaySharpton thank you this helpful and informative thread! I was 8 years old the first time I had surgery and needed a wheelchair. Decades later, here in my 40s, the time for a power chair is coming. Still using manual chair as long as possible. However, we've started looking into scooters and electric chairs. Scooters are cute, but the size and turning radius of those I've tried is maddening. I use forearm crutches a tiny bit still, and keep them with me at all times, and scooters just don't feel right. My doctor said a scooter is not going to be the best solution me, and I need to get over the fear of an electric chair.

If I end up getting a Fold & Go, I will tell them it's because of your review. I will also need to find out if there is a way to attach crutch holders.

We live and travel in an RV, and my manual chair rides (strapped down of course) in our truck bed, so weatherproof is a big bonus! Sorry to babble on! So excited to have read your thorough review, and wanted to say a hearty Thank You! :D

Hi, Glittercat. You're welcome and thank you, too.

The nice thing about the Fold and Go Wheelchair is that it fold front to back and allows you to use the four wheels to help roll it onto your truck bed.

A manual wheelchair folds from side to side and so you may not be able to use the wheels to help load and unload.

I bought one of their bungee nets that fit on the back of my chair that I can but anything to hold whether it was my walking cane or umbrella or reach stick or groceries.

View attachment 423770

View attachment 423771

View attachment 423772

I now bought a folding cane that I can hang on the front of my armrest. It has a wrist strap that will fit over my joystick back to the armrest. I also do the same thing with my folding automatic umbrella as it has a wrist strap that fits over my joystick. I also found a folding pick up stick that I bought a wrist strap for when I go grocery shopping. It also fits over my joystick.

View attachment 423773

View attachment 423774

View attachment 423776
Great accessories! I’m looking at a pair of folding forearm crutches but currently have the long normal forearm kind. Good to know about how to get it into truck bed. I cannot stand and lift but my kind husband lifts me into our truck and also stows my wheelchair.

Ray, I saw the picture of their bungee net on the website but how do you keep stuff from sliding through? Why wouldn’t a cane or crutches slide down?

Ray, I saw the picture of their bungee net on the website but how do you keep stuff from sliding through? Why wouldn’t a cane or crutches slide down?

When I used to put my non-folding cane in the back, I just reached my hand and arm down between the bungee net and the back of my backrest and then I slid the cane down. The cane was light enough to hold in place with the bungee cord.

When I used my non-folding forearm crutches, the weight was heavier, but it still held. I had the same concern so I just pushed handgrip of the forearm crutch through one of the square holes in the bungee net and I felt better about it.

When carrying bulkier items, I could unhook the black hooks of the bungee net and place what I wanted and rehook the bungee cord.

One time at WDW my friend did this to put a bunch of bags back there for me to carry around in the parks.

It worked fine for me.

I leave the bungee net on the back of my chair all of the time now just in case I need it.

As far as things not sliding through, the bottom of the bungee net holds tight against the backrest.

If the items are bulky then I make sure the bottom of the bungee cord is pulled down over all of the bags and that keeps them from sliding out. If that makes sense.

1565208681657-png.423770

If you look closely to the six black hooks that can attach to the metal frame of the wheelchair back, you might be able to see the smaller hooks on each one. You can stretch one of the orange bungee squares and place it over the small black hook to tighten the net at the bottom or anywhere to make items fit tighter.

Last edited:
When I used to put my non-folding cane in the back, I just reached my hand and arm down between the bungee net and the back of my backrest and then I slid the cane down. The cane was light enough to hold in place with the bungee cord.

When I used my non-folding forearm crutches, the weight was heavier, but it still held. I had the same concern so I just pushed handgrip of the forearm crutch through one of the square holes in the bungee net and I felt better about it.

When carrying bulkier items, I could unhook the black hooks of the bungee net and place what I wanted and rehook the bungee cord.

One time at WDW my friend did this to put a bunch of bags back there for me to carry around in the parks.

It worked fine for me.

I leave the bungee net on the back of my chair all of the time now just in case I need it.

As far as things not sliding through, the bottom of the bungee net holds tight against the backrest.

If the items are bulky then I make sure the bottom of the bungee cord is pulled down over all of the bags and that keeps them from sliding out. If that makes sense.

1565208681657-png.423770

If you look closely to the six black hooks that can attach to the metal frame of the wheelchair back, you might be able to see the smaller hooks on each one. You can stretch one of the orange bungee squares and place it over the small black hook to tighten the net at the bottom or anywhere to make items fit tighter.

Oh, okay, that all makes sense now 😊 Thank you.

I wanted to thank you for such a delightful and informative thread! I’ve just started using a motorized wheelchair going to stores and malls and DEFINITELY need it at Disney, but it’s a Hoveround and no WAY can it be lifted and the ramp we need to use to get in and out of our van is super hard on our backs. So this looks particularly flexible. 🥰

Might I also add that you have the sweetest Disney smile I’ve seen? You’re adorable and your smile is infectious. Keep sharing with us. 💖💖

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!