My new shoes have gas!

Mickey527

DIS Veteran
Ok, this is budget because I found a pair of Birkenstocks at the shoestore in the clearance area for $7.69. I couldn't pass this up.
they are so comfortable. I had a pair years ago but can't afford them anymore. Until now.
The problem I am having though is that they are "farting" when I walk. they make a terrible noise at the arch, when I walk. My last pair didn't do this. they fit my feet so well that when I lift my foot up a bit of air gets between the arch and the shoe, then it gets squooshed out in a very noticable way.
Anyone else ever have this problem and how can it be fixed?

I had tennis shoes that did that once, and after a few days of walking around in them, the sounds stopped.. the insole might've just conformed to my foot better... so might just want to give them a couple days of walking around (inside your house so sound isn't noticeable), and see what happens.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
sorry but this made me laugh!

If they are Birkies, I have never heard of that before :confused3:confused3

Well they are birkenstocks. Wish I could post a photo but can't. they were in a huge box of stuff that the store just pulled out from the back, I don't know how old they are but the cork is not aged and rotted like what happened to my old birkinstocks.
I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I couldn't find another pair, and luckily these were my size.
they are unbelievably comfortable, I never said they weren't, except they fart!.

Ok, this is budget because I found a pair of Birkenstocks at the shoestore in the clearance area for $7.69. I couldn't pass this up.
they are so comfortable. I had a pair years ago but can't afford them anymore. Until now.
The problem I am having though is that they are "farting" when I walk. they make a terrible noise at the arch, when I walk. My last pair didn't do this. they fit my feet so well that when I lift my foot up a bit of air gets between the arch and the shoe, then it gets squooshed out in a very noticable way.
Anyone else ever have this problem and how can it be fixed?

:lmao:

Idk. . .maybe some baby powder? I really think you shouldn't do anything to them though. . .just walk around in public a lot and point at other people holding your nose when you get weird looks. :D

Can't help you with your shoes, but this reminds me of an old joke...A lady went to see her doctor because she was having a terrible problem with gas. "I've been passing gas all day long," She told the doctor. "Fortunately, it's been odorless and noiseless." The doctor looked her over and gave her some pills. "Will this get rid of my gas?" She asked. "No," the doctor replied, "But it will clear up your sinuses. Next week we'll work on your hearing.":rotfl2:

Can't help you with your shoes, but this reminds me of an old joke...A lady went to see her doctor because she was having a terrible problem with gas. "I've been passing gas all day long," She told the doctor. "Fortunately, it's been odorless and noiseless." The doctor looked her over and gave her some pills. "Will this get rid of my gas?" She asked. "No," the doctor replied, "But it will clear up your sinuses. Next week we'll work on your hearing.":rotfl2:

Great joke! I can't wait to tell my husband. :lmao:

Sorry, OP, I'm stumped. I have no experience with farting shoes.

Good luck!

That is so funny to hear you say that. I have a pair of Naturalizers that I have had for years and they do the same thing. My mom has a pair too and the same thing. We have called them our "fart" shoes for years. They are really comfy. Sorry can't help the sound hasn't gone away.:rotfl:

I have a pair of sandals that does that. I love the shoes but they make an awful noise and it can be embarrassing. I have to make an effort with each step to make sure they dont "Poot" :confused3

I got my last Birks on sale for $39!!!! Mine don't make noises though. Probably just wear them for a while and it will go away, DD's last pair of Tevas made a noise in the beginning. My mom always said squeeky shoes meant you didn't pay for them...$7.xx was a steal!

Even on clearance, Birkenstocks would not sell for $7.69.
They must be knock-offs and thats why they are not comfortable and make a farting noise.

I was able to get a pair of Birkenstocks at TJ Max for $9.99 and they are the real ones so I think it is possible for $7.99

I have 3 pair of Birks, all real, all uncomfortable and all that make that same noise.

I rarely wear them anymore b/c they got more uncomfortable after my feet grew post-pregnancy.

I have a pair of cute sandals that I bought form Kohl's and they do that. Unfortunately, I can't wear them as I am a high school teacher and the one day I wore them I got enough comments from my students that I just couldn't bring myself to wear them again. Hmm...maybe I shoudl list them on ebay? One pair of farting sandals size 9.5!:rotfl2:

I have a pair of cute sandals that I bought form Kohl's and they do that. Unfortunately, I can't wear them as I am a high school teacher and the one day I wore them I got enough comments from my students that I just couldn't bring myself to wear them again. Hmm...maybe I shoudl list them on ebay? One pair of farting sandals size 9.5!:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have had several pair of shoes over the year's that do the same thing. It is always a cheapo pair for what it's worth.

I have a pair of Addidas flip flops that do that. Had them for years and the farting :lmao: hasn't stopped. They have air pockets on the sole that fill when I step but it only happens on nice smooth flooring, not outside etc.

I am probably your age or older, but you should be so glad I wasn't your student! (I was obnoxious!) High school kids are MERCILESS when it comes to this sort of thing!!!:lmao: I remember that poor teacher who made the mistake of sharing that she suffered from hemorrhoids...:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter