My Outcome w/Paypal and R*****

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Luckily it was only $28. The final response (finally!) I filed within a few days of when all broke loose. When all this started I have only been using Paypal as a last resort. I normally use a credit card when buying from someone I don't know. It was MY stupidity that I had the funds removed from my checking account. I think I was more trusting in this case, since she posted here.
Another live and learn and be grateful it was only $28. Hopefully the police/FBI are still persuing her. Who is she scamming now for what $?

"I sincerely apologize for the situation you have experienced. PayPal has concluded the investigation of your Buyer Complaint and has ruled that the seller was at fault. However, since no funds are available in the seller's account, PayPal is unable to recover the funds in this case.
As our policy states, we conducted this investigation on a best effort basis and made no guarantee of funds recovery. While the vast majority of online transactions are completed without complication, fraud and dishonest
sellers are a fact of Internet life.
In an effort to help our members decrease the risk of transacting with a fraudulent seller, PayPal provides fraud protection guidelines for buyers. The PayPal Fraud Protection Tips for Buyers, can be found by visiting our website and clicking on the "Security Center" link at the bottom of the homepage. Once you have accessed PayPal's Security Center, you will be able to access the "Fraud Protection Tips for Buyers" link that appears to
view this valuable information.
In this situation, in the event that you would like a refund on this transaction, we suggest you seek assistance from the web site that hosted the auction, or take legal action against the seller.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Dee
PayPal Business Customer Service

Sad and frustrating. I am sorry.

Just use your credit card for payments. No matter what anyone thinks, checks, MOs and bank withdrawals are NOT the safest ways to pay.

Wanda

I just received an email from paypal and mine came up on a positive note--this is probably because I used my credit card through paypal. the full amount of my purchase ($50) was refunded. From now on I will always use my credit card when making purchases through paypal!!

I called paypal at 8:00 on the morning of Apr 10. I tried to warn them that a huge fraud was being committed and to shut down her account. Of course, the ninny woman just blew me off. I've since learned that Paypal didn't close it until one of our Credit Card companies called them at 12:30 pm. I'd be interested in knowing how much money she got out of her account between those times. That's a question you might pose to paypal.

I got my money back also, but I used a credit card too.

happened to me with PayPal...but I got lucky that the CC company reimbursed me b/c of "non-delivery of goods" it was only $12.10, but I was happy to see the credit on my statement.

And to add insult to injury I don't know of anyone who got a full refund. Paypal deducted small amounts, I suppose some sort of service fee.
My example even: IF I was to receive any refund, it would have been $25.10, rather than the $28.10 I paid. :rolleyes:
THUMBS DOWN TO PAYPAL :mad:

I received a full refund. It came it two different postings. The pending posting was minus about $7.50. When they finally settled it, there was a 7.50 posting and then the big one.

Something else. I was the first one to file a compliant (evening of April 9). According to Paypal's rules, it's first come first serve. Last week I noticed that several people had posted, on the other board, that they had received their money; I had not. Ummmm. So, I called Paypal the next morning and informed them that I was a little ticked. Of course, they asked me how I knew when those people filed and if they had received their money. I told him that there was a huge group of people and that we communicate with each other. That threw him. I told him that Paypal didn't seem to be following their own rules. He said he would look into it and get back to me. That afternoon my account had been credited. Paypal doesn't exactly come of this smelling like a rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter