My Poor Cat is a Mess

My cat is pretty fussy on her food though. She used to have a lot of trouble with vomiting, sometimes 2-3 times a week. Then I switched her to Beyond and Crave foods (they don't have wheat) and those issues completely went away. I did try her on Beyond's canned food, as she doesn't chew her food anymore, and just swallows the pieces whole. So I thought it would be easier for her to eat the canned, but she doesn't like it. I tried to gradually switch her over, but she still preferred the dry and wouldn't eat much of the wet, if any at all. So I'm not sure if she'd like the Lysine treats or not, but it would sure be worth a try. I would try anything that might help her with her sneezing/runny nose problems.

Many cats are fussy eaters (I have a pair, as the expensive bag of opened food awaiting delivery to the shelter can attest). You might try a meat flavored baby food as a vehicle for the Lysine delivery. Just a teaspoon would be more than enough to stir the Lysine powder into it and that's what we feed the toughest cases at my shelter. Just be absolutely certain the food does NOT contain onion in any form.

Totally left field, but are there any scented candles, air fresheners, oils, cleaning products that you have been using consistently throughout the years? Cats can be very sensitive to certain odors and cannot metabolize certain things that can build up in the lungs and cause upper respiratory issues. Just trying to think outside the box.

And also throw the Hartz in the garbage.
This was my initial thought as well. Diffusers, eucalyptus, Glade Plug In’s, scented carpet cleaner, etc. could all be culprits

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter