My pre plans for December 2015 trip. Thoughts?

ginnygi

Mouseketeer
Hope this isn't to much information, but I have no one to share my plans with! I am so excited.
Saturday we are flying in and checking into Cabana Bay Resort, spending one night there and Sunday at Universal and IoA. Harry Potter world, grinchmas, breakfast with the grinch. Can't wait! After we are done at the parks we will drive to Boardwalk villas (we are renting a car). Monday we will mini golf at Fantasia, fish at the resort, and swim at the pool most of the afternoon. Driving to AKL to check out the resort and animals, then dinner at Sanaa, and then night vision goggles animal viewing!!!
Tuesday is MK 8am-7pm. Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (um, seriously, just for the oozy gooey toffee cake :) Wednesday we are going to AK at 8am just for a few hours. Lunch at Yak and Yeti and then transferring to Hollywood Studios. Thursday morning: HS for a few hours then transferring to Epcot. Lunch at Akershus and dinner at Biergarten (my kids loved Biergarten last trip and asked if we could go back). Holidays around the world. Friday morning we are going mini golf at Winter Summerland, then to Downtown disney. Lunch at Wolfgang puck express and then Disneyquest. Raglan Road dinner and then driving over to Ft. Wilderness for campfire singalong. Friday: MK from 8am to 12:30 pm. After the Christmas parade we will go back to hotel to swim for a few hours. Then to Grand Floridian for 1900 park fare dinner, then to MK for Christmas special events for free and 3am extra magic hours. We are leaving for the airport from MK for a 6:00 flight. We are checking out of Boardwalk on Sat morning, so one less night to pay for hotel!!!
What does everyone think of my plans?

Congrats on the trip planning! Sounds like fun! The only suggestion I have is that if you are going during the highest peak season of December, Christmas through New Years, there are a couple of days that certain parks may reach capacity and won't allow in additional guests so going back in late afternoon may or may not be an option. This is not extremely common, but can happen on Christmas day, December 30, and New Year's Eve. Just wanted to give you a heads up. :)

Looks awesome! I think I would skip one of those mini golfs and replace with something else. Do you think Akershus for lunch and Biergarten for dinner on the same day would be too heavy? Maybe do a breakfast instead. I'm all about hitting the parks early but my kids like to have 1 TS breakfast on our trips and it puts everyone in a relaxed mood for the day.

We are going 12/12-12/20, so we should get pretty light crowds in the beginning of the week. The last day will be the first day they are offering Christmas programming without party tickets, and the only really crowded day there. Still, only a 6 compared to a 10 later that week.

I don't like Akershus for breakfast. We like the Norway offerings at lunch at dinner better. We will have an early lunch and latish dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter