My rental has new owners

AliceTeaParty

Earning My Ears
I have a townhome rented in WH, and my dates are quickly approaching. I was just informed by the owner that she has sold the property, but that nothing should change. I am leary of this, as I always do my research before renting. The management company that is taking over the rental has now contacted me twice with an invoice for incorrect dates. It is JC vacation rentals. Has anyone ever used them before? Something feels off, or maybe I’m just being paranoid. I want to just tell them to cancel, but I’ll have a hard time finding a place this last minute.

Might want to read these ...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...n-house-being-for-sale.3708667/#post-59819669

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-property-we-are-renting-is-for-sale.3706164/

I included in posts but I bought a FL property that had been rented for decades. I was not going to rent it. When we got to closing we found out there was a renter in the unit that week and the day before closing the realtor had to go "throw them out". Fortunately for them the unit was rented via a management company so they moved them to another unit but certainly was a dent in their vacation to pack & move, and I don't know that they got an equal unit since ours is one of the few bigger ones in the complex.

The owner who is selling has zero control over what happens at/after closing.

I would contact the management company directly without delay and confirm your reservation. I would also contact the former owner or whoever you last had contact with to confirm the new management company is who they say they are. Just so that you are not being scammed.

This happened to us...literally closed the day before our reservation of 2 weeks started. We had absolutely NO issue at all. The old owners contacted us as well as the new owners (not their management company)which set our mind at ease. That was in 2015- we have since stayed at the same house in WH with the new owners 2 more times. I think most properties continue to honor the rentals as most in WH are used for that purpose. But with a new owner/management, you just never know how horrible (or wonderful) they are. Or, if the new owners have no intention of renting out the property.

We rented another home well in advance of our dates and we discovered that the home was on the market. Because our trip was still 9 months out, we did re-book. I expressed to the owner at the time that though he had excellent ratings, we just couldn't be sure how well the new owners or management company would manage the property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter