My restaurants and snacks review

Dreams&wishes

DIS Veteran
I just thought I would share with you my recent dining experiences at Wdw. We stayed 21 nights and had a dining plan.

POLYNESIAN RESORT
Captain Cook:
Breakfast:
- Tonga Toast
Not what I expected it should have had more banana inside. I thought it was quite dry and the oil they fried it in wasn't very fresh so it really tastes "fried". I took it twice to make sure, and yeah not something I will buy again.
- Mickey Waffles
Nice and fresh, my kids loved them. The sausages that came with it were also pretty good
-Breakfast Burrito
It needed sauce and I would leave the potatoes out. It made it too dry and mushy. Not something I would order again
-Avocado Toast
AMAZING! I have had this multiple times and for lunch as well. Just lovely, perfectly cooked omelette with goat cheese and rocket.
-Cheese sandwiche
Nice, but something pretty ordinary.
Dinner:
- Noodles.
They were bad, dry and they just tasted like pre packed stuff
- Thai meat balls
Just blah. The meat is not really meat, they are very very spongy, IKEA meatballs seem to be an upmarket version in comparison. The sauce is also very bland too sweet and not enough kick to it.
-Burger
Very nice for a quick service burger
-Nachos
Very good
Rice
- Just like rice from the packet dry and not something I would get again

Ohana:
We went twice, first time the food was really really good. The second time it was very bad. The bread was cold the meats were burnt, the shrimps didn't seem to have been marinated long enough, the noodles were sickening sweet . And to be honest I didn't even think the pudding was that good, there was an aftertaste to it. I think they use something like Italian Pandoro cake for the sponge, which I'm not a big fan of also the butterscotch sauce didn't taste as good as a homemade one. So this one is a no more for us.

MAGIC KINGDOM
Sleepy Hollow
-Mickey Waffles:
Very nice
-Chicken Waffles
I was expecting a higher quality fried chicken, rather than a frozen chicken patty. It was also a bit too spicy (hot) for my taste. It has potential if they improve the quality of the chicken to make it at least crunchy
-Fruit Nutella Waffle
It's lovely, if they added some cream on the side it would be even better

Columbia Harbour House:
- Lobster Roll
Fantastic. It was moist and buttery beautiful food
- Salmon&rice
Also excellent
- Tunna sandwich
Very good
- Peach Crumble
AMAZING just tasted homemade!

Pecos Bill
- Tacos
Not bad, but your home made El Paso seasoning packet tastes better
- Fajitas
I mean it's pre prepared chicken so don't expect much
- Nachos
Nice but could have been made better.

Spring Roll Cart
- Cheeseburger Spring roll
A must have snack, so tasty

Garston Tavern
- Big cinnamon Roll
No no no I was expecting the deliciousness of a Cinnabon, but this was far very far from it, waaaay too dry and crusty.
- Le fou Brew
It's quite nice, not at butter beer level, but not bad

Auntie's Gravity
- Birthday cake Milkshake
I'm just gonna say that I had to throw it out. Never tasted anything with a more chemical taste

Cheshire Cafe
-Cheshire tail
I mean what can I say? If you are from the UK the chocolate custard croissant twist that you find at café Nero, Costa, waitrose or even Tesco are a million times better. This was stale and dry, just a bad quality croissant. I just had to throw it away.

Mainstreet Bakery
- Christmas cookie
This was good and tasted home made
- Coffee Cake
I know this is a Starbucks item, but it's just so good, again, tasted home made
- Mickey donut
Tasted dry. Not a very nice doughnut

Christmas Party Cookies
Just awful, the only half decent one was the Minnie Mouse shaped one. Not sure what the hipe is about.

Skipper Canteen
Blah. So much potential and so little effort put in it. The food didn't even arrive hot at the table the chicken was dry and lacked flavour, the bbq pork was too sweet and the fish wasn't a good quality fish and the batter was too floury. Never again

Cindarella Royal Table:
I mean, the food was fine just not worth the money

Be My Guest:
Lovely quick service credit lunch. Both the lemon and the grey stuff cupcakes were excellent.

DISNEY SPRINGS

Home Coming:
Great food awesome chicken, fantastic Ice Tea. The pineapple cake was a bit dry as it had been kept in the fridge, but the icing on it was great.

Boathouse:
Their bread is the best you can get, eat just that and you would be happy. Our meals though, were nothing memorable. We ordered, steak, fish of the day, fried green tomatoes and the lobster/crab dish and everything was below average. Not a place that I would be visiting again

Polite Pig:
Wow, to be a quick service this is fantastic. The chicken was incredibly moist, the roasted cauliflowers are now my favourite dish. The brisket was really good, as well as the ribs, mac and cheese chips and the FANTASTiC blossom cake. The only dish that was disappointing was the pull pork sandwich, the bread was sooo wet that I had to ask to replace it.

Delux Burger:
Average.

Sunshine Churros
- Strawberry cream cheese churro
This was awful so hard, dry and chewy! The churro is so thin and think that this is what causes the problem

Morimoto Asia
-Ribs
Amazing I wish u could prepare them like that at home.
-Peking Duck
Good but the wraps were too thick
-Orange chicken
It was good but the orange flavour is probably a little bit too strong
- Peper beef
It wasn't bad but I wouldn't order it again. It should be cut thinner.
- Chowmein
Very good.
Also, their home made lemonade was excellent.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Flame tree bbq
- Seasonal apple caramel cupcake
Amazing, I wish I could have some right now! The icing and spices were just spot on and tasted homemade
- bbq chicken and ribs were delicious and very moist
- the pull pork fries were amazing as well

Satulii Canteen
- Cheeseburger Pod was dry I wouldn't get it again
- Noodles, Rice, meat and chicken were all very good as well as their dome cheesecake.

Yak& yeti quick service:
This was really good
-Orange chicken, teriyaki beef and tempura shrimps all were excellent choices. As well as the amazing mango pie.

Yak & Yeti restaurant
Good choice but I would rather go to the quick service. The fire cracker ships weren't crunchy enough. They had been fried too long in advance and then put in the sauce. Sweet and sour and orange chicken were good as well as the mango pie.

Dino bites
-Cookie ice cream sandwich
I had better, the ice cream was too melted and the cookie flavour wasn't the best.

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Jack jack cookies num num:
It just didn't taste good. It had a commercial after taste to it and it was too crusty for my liking.

Carrot cake cookie:
I LOVED this one, although it has nothing of a cookie it is just a "sandwich" cake.

Balcklot Express:
I really enjoyed my Cuban sandwich the burger was also quite nice.

Hollywood Brown Derby.
The food was good, nothing spectacular, but I would probably do it again as part for the Fantasmic package.

EPCOT
Sunshine season
I thought the food was good. The pizza was nice, as well as the turkey sandwich, although it a bit too bready for me. The strawberry shortcake and the woopie pie were nothing spectacular as I thought they would be.

Tappan Edo:
Wonderful experience and reallygood food. The Salmon and the ny strip were the best dishes, the chicken and the beef strips weren't great.

Kuche Bakery:
Caramel pop corn:
Aweful! I was expecting a caramel pop corn at Garrett's level, but this was faaaar faaaaar away from it. Mine was even stale.

Caramel butter slice:
Again, really poor quality. The caramel didn't taste like caramel it was just sweet and the shortbread just didn't have a good flavour.

California Grill
This was probably the biggest disappointment for me. We started off with the ravioli, which had a lovely flavour, the pasta dough was done really well and it was of the right thickeness. Unfortunately it was a little bit too spicy (hot) for me. The fillet was OK except that the server forgot to bring the sauce and then he brought the wrong sauce, which was awful. I thought the veggies and the mac and cheese were waaaay too salty, but had a lovely flavour. The desserts were a no go. Obviously the view of the fireworks was great, but it's not something that I would do again.

Hoop dee doo
The show was nice. The food could have been better if it was actually hot! Next time if I want fried chicken I will definitly go to home coming. Obviously though it's worth for the show

The Wave
Second best after flying fish. The bacon and eggs dish is my favourite dish ever!
The shrimp and grits was also amazing.

Gran Floridian:
Excellent food, the burger was great as well as the ship and grits and the onion rings.

Sanaa
This was good, but nothing memorable. My meat was very tough. I would skip it next time.

Flying Fish
Great great food probably the best meal I have had at wdw . The ny strip, the pork belly, the scallops and the fillet were all sensational!!!

Typhoon Lagoons Mini Donuts
Not worth my calories just tasted like dirty oil. Awful

Apologies for the super long post, but I'm a foodie and I love good food. I hope I can help others in their choices.

After eating nothing but restaurant food for 21 days straight I imagine nothing tastes great after a while. Especially on the DDP which is just an obscene amount of food everyday. By day three I’m usually dying for a salad or some actual vegetables. Funny you mention the chicken waffle and the Sonoma ravioli as being spicy. I’ve had both and didn’t detect any heat!

Thanks for sharing!

After eating nothing but restaurant food for 21 days straight I imagine nothing tastes great after a while. Especially on the DDP which is just an obscene amount of food everyday. By day three I’m usually dying for a salad or some actual vegetables. Funny you mention the chicken waffle and the Sonoma ravioli as being spicy. I’ve had both and didn’t detect any heat!

Thanks for sharing!
LOL after 21 days I still didn't want to get back home though!!!We were a party of 6 but two of my children didn't have a dining plan so we had to share quite a bit so it wasn't too much food for us, both me and my husband lost weight!!!

In regards to the ravioli the quantity of spiciness is small, and probably due to cayenne pepper rather than chilli, even my husband couldn't detect it. But I have a very sensitive palate and I grew up in a restaurant so I can generally pick up things that other don't. Even the Wave had a pine apple dessert that I couldn't eat, as I could taste the alcohol in it. The server first said there wasn't any, then went to check and said that indeed there was, but was a small quantity. I just gave my experience according to my taste 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!