My reviews 9/10-9/18 Part 1

bugbugmom

DIS Veteran
Cast DH, DD9, DS4 and myself. We had some great meals.

9/10 Chef Mickey's Dinner. Was enjoyed by all. They had typical kids foods. Those wonderful Parmesan mashed potato, salads, fruit bar and the dessert bar. I really like their Key lime pie.

9/11 Kona Cafe Dinner. DH and I shared the sticky wings. They were so good. We also ordered the crab cakes..they were also good, but small for the price. DH ordered the prime rib with mashed potato and some veggie. He thought it was okay. I ordered the Marinated pork chop.. I was okay. The kids ordered typical chicken strips and burgers. They must have been good b/c they cleaned there plates.

9/12 Restaurant Marrekesh-lunch. DH ordered the Marrekesh Sampler? it came with Lamb Meshoui, chicken kabob and something else I can't remember. It was delicious. The lamb was really good. I order the Sultan Sampler... chicken or beef kabob, Beef brewat roll and chicken bastilla. It was great. On a side note, my DD9 danced with the belly dancer and had a great time. Then I hear my DS4 say "my turn" I looked away for a second and he was out on the dance floor with the dancer. What a hoot! I knew he liked "girls" but this was outrageous. He later told me that the bellydancer and Jasmine loved him b/c he had a lipstick kiss on both cheeks.:earseek:

9/13 Lecellier-dinner. This is our 2nd visit to Lecellier. DH and myself both ordered the shrimp cocktail as appetizers. We really like the presentation of the shrimp spilling out of a chinese takeout box. Of course, they were delicious. We both ordered a surf 'n turf. The steaks were very good.

9/13 Beaches n Cream-lunch This was our 1st visit. It took us a while to find it from walking from the international gateway. DH and myself shared a double cheeseburger and ordered an extra bun. They were split in the kitchen. We also ordered onion rings and a chocolate shake. The shake was great. The burgers were okay. I know a lot of the dis'ers really enjoyed the burgers, but I'm glad we tried it.

I'll write further reviews on Jiko, Boma breakfast and dinner, 'Ohana and Earl of Sandwich soon.

Thank you for sharing,we to love the LeCellier.I did enjoy reading your comments and reviews.::yes:: :wave2:

Hey Bugbugmom,

We too were at Chef Mickey's on 9/10 (we had a 6:10 PS)! I gave you the tip on SW low airfares!
Our kids loved Chef Mickey's too and we also went to Beaches and Cream (on 9/17). I couldn't believe how small it was, I think I counted just 3 booths (big enough for just 6 adults) 7 round tables (just big enough for 4) and 12 chairs at the counter.

Originally posted by mlbretscher
Hey Bugbugmom,

We too were at Chef Mickey's on 9/10 (we had a 6:10 PS)! I gave you the tip on SW low airfares!
Our kids loved Chef Mickey's too and we also went to Beaches and Cream (on 9/17). I couldn't believe how small it was, I think I counted just 3 booths (big enough for just 6 adults) 7 round tables (just big enough for 4) and 12 chairs at the counter.

Hey mlbretcher, Thank you again for your tip on SWA. I hope you guys had a wonderful time. We had a 5:30 ps @ Chef Mickey's I wish I had known you were there I would have loved to have met you!

Originally posted by Ron from Michigan
Thanks for the great reviews. Your dinner at Le Cellier sure sounded great, we will be eating there in December.

Hey Ron, Lecellier also has a Chef's Excursion offered last week for 34.99. It was Risotto, 14 oz strip steak and creme brulee. I originally ordered that, but then decided on the surf n turf. I'll definitely will try that our next visit.

Thanks for the reviews! We are going to Le Cellier next weekend! I have 2 questions....What kind of steak came with the Surf 'n Turf? Do you recall the price? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter