My Senior Trip :D! (POFQ, 4/26 - 5/2)

Arrival

So we arrived at POFQ rather early, i think it was about 2 pm.

I remember getting out of the car, feeling as if i hadnt stood up in a hundred years. you know, that feeling when you get out of a car and stretch and you feel like running a marathon because you realize how wonderful mobility is after sitting for hours on end and that youve really taken it for granted?? yeah, thats a good feeling.

so anyway, everyone was kinda chill when we arrived. the excitement hadnt actually kicked in for me yet, i was mostly just happy to be out of the car. My family had only stayed at POFQ one time before this trip, and i was too young then for me to remember it now. One thing i did remember, though, was the lobby. Which is GORGEOUS D:

fd9g0m.jpg

I am shocked by the quality of my phones camera.
1415a9d.jpg

im in love with the panorama feature. isnt the lobby pretty?!

okay, so its safe to say i was rather happy at this point- everything was beautiful, after all. while my family went to check in and lindsey went looking on her own, me and jordan decided to roam. heres some pictures i took.

2uqdd3b.jpg

ive noticed disney world has quite a bit of these kinds of flowers. theyre very cute!
2gvvjbp.jpg

i love the crocodiles :3 trust me, its a crocodile, not an alligator. I learned the difference by watching Wild Kratts. wowimlame.
2rosvwj.jpg

I dont know why hes making that face.
2wqqy52.jpg

there were so many trees outside, surrounding the buildings. when it was sunny outside, the light would hit the trees and cast shadows EVERYWHERE. its one of the things i found to be very beautiful about the resort. i love this picture because of the shadows in it.
ib9nhe.jpg

this picture drives me insane, because its a little bit crooked.
292o4uw.jpg

so much green. hhhh.
67s7c3.jpg

selfie, because im obligated to show you something other than scenery. you can just see the discomfort in my eyes..
35kr147.jpg

this fountain was the most gorgeous part of the resort, in my opinion. red is my favorite color, so YEAH. theres a lot of red. i feel like itd be really romantic at night.

after some roaming, me and jordan met with lindsey and explored the room (which was on the first floor, to our convenience).. well, i say explored, but i pretty much collapsed on bed instantly after taking a picture or two. i was soaked in sweat. note to self, and to everyone: do not wear leggings in orlando. especially not black ones.

ic92j9.jpg

I really like the purple/gold combination. I wish id taken a picture of the concept art on the wall, its really pretty. not sure what its of.
53l8uv.jpg

everyone loves shaped towels :3
20tqjig.jpg

our room window. lovely, right?~
i have way too many stuffed animals..

after we layed down for a minute, we helped unpack the cars, and changed into nicer clothes to go to ohana. but first, we stopped by the food court to buy our mugs~
11vpkj9.jpg

refillable mugs :D WOO
2eqcu4i.jpg

woo, refillable mugs... (trust me, im excited. i just dont look it.)

whats up with that head behind me, anyway? theres a lot of creepy stuff in this resort..
29oh9wo.jpg
1z4jorm.jpg
2igoajt.jpg

SO YEAH.

right before leaving, we looked around for a short bit in the shop.

zilu07.jpg

jordan has an obsession with stitch, you must know this.
2zqrjq1.jpg
i really dug this carpet.
zwkxhk.jpg

lindsey holding her mug

(continued)

73osue.jpg

the quintessence of awkward (on our way to the polynesian!!)
1pcr3t.jpg

*stares longingly*
k46xqq.jpg

I like this picture. I apologize if one of them is on the disboards ;^ __^ *sweats*

So when we got there, I quickly remembered how relaxing and nice it is at the polynesian resort.
they DID make changes since my last visit, though. I thought the new additions were nice, and i LOVE the lights.. but i miss the fountain.

2hrgz14.jpg

OK, but the little tiki guy IS kinda cute..

2h38txz.jpg

this guy is so chill.

It wasnt quite time for our reservation, so we all looked around in the meantime. the shop was about the same as I remember it, with the addition of some Star Wars stuff. (which is all the stores now, pretty much.) I met a really nice, adorable cast member there who complimented my Hatsune Miku bag.. she was so nice and awesome! we talked a bit, and she gave me her tumblr url. :3

now some pics:

beug5d.jpg

jordan makes a lovely goofy.
better get used to the hat pics. we try on a LOT OF HATS during this trip..
2b4ky8.jpg

that is her real hair, yes
dlnfvb.jpg

magic
2wqhic8.jpg

SO MUCH STITCH.
2zzstp3.jpg
30ac3d3.jpg
33cay47.jpg
34nr12h.jpg

so pretty.

At last, it was time for Ohana! the restraunt famous for its nice view of wishes, and wonderful food. also, for the insane amount of food they present to you. (perfect opportunity to use the 'its vacation' excuse to ruin your diet and throw away all your plans to NOT overeat on the trip) Last time, we all left stuffed.. but everyone seemed to have held back a little this time. :3 I was surprisingly able to stop myself from eating the entire restaurant, although i must say I kinda overdid it on the bread. sorry? (not rly)

qz25u0.jpg

see? so good that i forgot to take a picture BEFORE devouring half of it.
fefoli.jpg
24mrkbd.jpg
5a1a8z.jpg

29mokdu.jpg

im hungry LOOKING at all of this^

I think my favorite of all the foods they brought out were the chicken wings (top, left picture) they were so good. sticky, but good. c: also, the noodles were wonderful.

28lgme.jpg

i couldnt eat much of this. its a shame. ;c

The atomsphere of the restaurant is nice too, even if it is a little noisy for me. (I prefer the quiet atmosphere of a small cafe or sushi bar) I must say the guy playing the ukulele was pretty cool, though. ukuleles are cool.

So, after that meal, we headed directly back to the resort and got some sleep in preparation for MK the next day :D
v5e1zl.jpg

little froggy we saw on the way back to the room ^ _^
there were so many lizards and froggies crawling around that place! we saw a lot of them throughout our stay, along with some bunnies and such.
I must say, I slept pretty well that night. nothing better than hotel/resort beds. <3

~

I hope this was enjoyable, and that the excessive pictures werent annoying. x3 let me know if youre following this.. It may give me more motivation to finish. xD i think ill try to write more next time, so itll balance out the picturetotext ratio.

Next post: Magic Kingdom!~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter