My son won’t eat bacon is this normal or should I worry?

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
my son is 10, he has never been a fan of bacon, French fries, McDonald’s or Taco Bell. Yesterday we went out to dinner with my sister and her 2 boys, ages 11 and 7, my sister asked my son if he wanted bacon and he said no the grease makes me sick. She asked me about it and I just replied he isn’t a fan of greasy food, she told me that’s not normal and that I should take him to the dr to see what’s wrong with him.

I think my son is fine, oddly we checked his cholesterol last summer (to get a free garden! Yeah!) anyway the dr said his bad cholesterol was in an awesome place and same with the good - that’s what he told my son.
So is my kid weird? Should I actually worry that he hates greasy food? He will eat taco time on occasion, but a thinks taco bell is nasty and greasy, idk

Last edited:
If this is a serious question.....then no it isn’t strange - it is fantastic your son isn’t drawn to bad food. Why on earth would anyone want to force fast food on someone. It’s great your son is making healthier choices. Avoid the bad greasy foods as long as you can. Sadly most of us fall for the convienence eventually.

As long as he's not avoiding ALL fats (e.g., you need a certain amount of fat your diet, as the brain functions mainly on lipids (fancy word for fats)), then I don't see the issue. Fats come from a variety of places...dairy products, fatty fishes (like salmon), most red meat, avocados, nuts, etc. But, otherwise, I don't see the problem.

I wasn't much older than your son when I began having occasional bouts of heartburn - always brought on by high-fat foods. I wasn't smart enough to completely cut them out of my diet :blush: and still am not even though I've been on prescription reflux meds for 15 years. Perhaps try getting him to describe the symptoms of his upset tummy; if it involves a burning irritation in his throat, he's having acid reflux. Avoiding the source is actually a great idea for him and all the better if he never develops a taste for junk. :thumbsup2

If you don’t eat a lot of that kind of food, it can definitely make you feel yucky. We don’t eat the best, but we try. When we were at Universal a few years back, the whole family just felt “off” after a few days of nothing but fast food. A couple salads & some fresh fruit, and BOOM, all better.

And it sounds like your son eats even less greasy food than us, so I’m not surprised his body reacts badly to it.

my son is 10, he has never been a fan of bacon, French fries, McDonald’s or Taco Bell. Yesterday we went out to dinner with my sister and her 2 boys, ages 11 and 7, my sister asked my son if he wanted bacon and he said no the grease makes me sick. She asked me about it and I just replied he isn’t a fan of greasy food, she told me that’s not normal and that I should take him to the dr to see what’s wrong with him.

I think my son is fine, oddly we checked his cholesterol last summer (to get a free garden! Yeah!) anyway the dr said his bad cholesterol was in an awesome place and same with the good - that’s what he told my son.
So is my kid weird? Should I actually worry that he hates greasy food? He will eat taco time on occasion, but a thinks taco time is nasty and greasy, idk
Totally, you do NOT have to worry.

He's healthy (the doctor said so), he's growing and he's happy. That's all that counts.

Tell your sister the doctor says he's fine and she should worry about her own kids, not yours..

If this is a serious question.....then no it isn’t strange - it is fantastic your son isn’t drawn to bad food. Why on earth would anyone want to force fast food on someone. It’s great your son is making healthier choices. Avoid the bad greasy foods as long as you can. Sadly most of us fall for the convienence eventually.
Sorry yes I was serious lol my sister thinks something is wrong with my son. I guess her kids eat bacon almost every day, well between breakfast and bacon cheeseburger from McDonald’s
Thank you for your comment

Tell your sister the doctor says he's fine and she should worry about her own kids, not yours..

I have thought about saying that lol I think I will next time she picks on my parenting style btw I’m over protective too because we are at the bus stop everyday when he gets off the bus, because a sex offender lives a house away from his stop!
Thank you!

I wasn't much older than your son when I began having occasional bouts of heartburn - always brought on by high-fat foods. I wasn't smart enough to completely cut them out of my diet :blush: and still am not even though I've been on prescription reflux meds for 15 years. Perhaps try getting him to describe the symptoms of his upset tummy; if it involves a burning irritation in his throat, he's having acid reflux. Avoiding the source is actually a great idea for him and all the better if he never develops a taste for junk. :thumbsup2
Thx he says his tummy feels gross after he eats greasy foods, I’ll keep an eye on it and see if other foods bothers his tummy
Thank you

So much about this post confuses me.

Someone gave you a garden for checking a young child's cholesterol? Anyone was surprised that a young child has normal levels?
That is correct, it was a program our dr office was offering, to promote healthy eating, you would be surprised to find out most parents didn’t want to do it. His dr said that a few kids did already have high cholesterol, all the fast food kids eat nowadays?? Idk maybe to much bacon lol
We live in very rocky soil so it was so worth it! Now I have some nice garden beds with great soil in them. Btw my sister didn’t want to go it

Well, you had a good 10 years. ;-)

Seriously he’s fine. Some kids love it and some don’t. Maybe he will eat t when he gets
Older and his stomach can take it. Or he won’t. Either way he’s find
Lol when he becomes a teen he will probably love greasy foods right lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter