My Strategy/Plan for Early September

famsen

DIS Veteran
Well I sort of have one.
First I will say that Star Wars is awesome- the original trilogy is my love and Episodes I, II, III hold a special place in my heart. I really enjoyed Rogue One BUT I almost despise Episodes VII, VIII and Solo.
I love the look of SWGE but I am not into building/buying a light saber and not really feeling the Cantina or the blue milk situation.
The one thing hubby and I seem to both be interested in is building a droid and just absorbing the details and atmosphere.
My strategy is to arrive by 5am and get in line for Smuggler's Run first and then build a droid. From there I have absolutely no idea how long I will spend. So I am just making an assumption that I will get out of SWGE by 11am (or sooner? later?) have lunch at Woody's Lunchbox, try to get on Slinky Dog and TSM and then boat over to Epcot for F&W Fest and some dinner. I mean this is a really lame strategy. I guess you call it a tentative plan.

How much time are you all expecting to spend in SWGE?

Brian mentions queuing to build a LS before riding but I don’t think he mentions building a droid. Maybe the same strategy will work, so build your droid first, then get in the queue for the ride.
I am also allowing 4 hours to explore SW-GE, then a FP, then brunch/lunch.

I am with you on trying to figure out a good strategy when we really how no solid information! I am going on the first EEMH Sept 1, and like you, hope to get there for 5am (don't tell my family we need to get up that early 😂). That day is late into my trip, so I was able to get a FPP for SDD for 12-1, so hoping that I will be out of SWGE by then. Who knows! My husband is a huge Stars Wars fan, and he has said if we can just get into the land and see it, he would be happy, but I know he wants to ride the MF. We don't really care about building a light saber or a droid. My other thought is that hopefully the VQ is going and if we are not among the first in the land, we can still book a good time to see it. Trying to remain flexible, in a trip that usually requires planning down to the minute!

Good luck to you!

Our plan is to try and be in line 4:30ish, DS want to build a LS, I want a droid, go to the cantina...oh heck we just want to see and do everything! I don't really know which order to do those things in, aside from following TP's advice and put MF last. DS has already promised his dad that he's the one that gets to go in with him for the LS, so I guess while they do that I can do other stuff?

I do have a noon FP for SDD that day and we are suppose to be having a later lunch in Epcot, so fingers crossed that we can knock it out by 10-11AM.

Only strategy I have is to get there early enough to make it in the first group by 6AM. I have a breakfast reservation at 10:30 and hope to see a few things outside SWGE before heading back to the resort for some rest. I plan to try to get a reservation to build a light saber first and then go to Smugglers Run. Oga’s cantina and a droid not high on my to do list. Then I will be back for a dinner reservation and a SDD FP at 6:30. Then Fantasmic. If my wife hasn’t butchered me yet I may attempt to go back to SWGE at night for a last hurrah. That is my only planned day at HS so will try to make the most of it. Good luck and have fun all. Should be an experience ;)

Our plan currently is to go to HS the first day of our trip. I don’t have any FPs/dining scheduled til later that evening. We’ll try to be there as close to 6am as possible, head straight to SWGE and then see what else we have time to do after. If it gets too crazy we’ll head back to the resort to relax before heading back in for our FPs and dinner reservation. I wanted to have that day first since no one really knows what crowds will be like. If they’re not that bad and I get everything done then maybe I don’t need to go back to HS that week. If they are then I have plenty of other days I could go back during EEMH. I’m hoping they have some sort of day of reservation for Ogas because I don’t really want to go there at 6am, but I definitely want to go there without waiting 4 hours. But we’ll see I guess.

I think we're also going to do what most of you are doing. Shoot for a 6:00 AM arrival, get in line (or whatever the situation is) to get into the land area and get in line for SR. From there I think we'll just explore. I'd like to build a lightsaber but also don't want to pay +$130 for it (and I might already have some replicas at home so...). Our goal will be the ride the ride, explore the area, grab pictures, maybe get some Blue Milk, then see what else we can ride and go back for the pool and a nap.

Our plan currently is to go to HS the first day of our trip. I don’t have any FPs/dining scheduled til later that evening. We’ll try to be there as close to 6am as possible, head straight to SWGE and then see what else we have time to do after. If it gets too crazy we’ll head back to the resort to relax before heading back in for our FPs and dinner reservation. I wanted to have that day first since no one really knows what crowds will be like. If they’re not that bad and I get everything done then maybe I don’t need to go back to HS that week. If they are then I have plenty of other days I could go back during EEMH. I’m hoping they have some sort of day of reservation for Ogas because I don’t really want to go there at 6am, but I definitely want to go there without waiting 4 hours. But we’ll see I guess.

This is what our plan is. I’m really hoping crowds aren’t too crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter