My Stupid DVC Question

Madi100

DIS Veteran
Last December was our first time with DVC. As we left or returned to our door we noticed several rooms with laundry baskets sitting outside their doors with I believe maybe towels in them. What is this for???

What??? Didn't anyone tell you about the laundry service? The absolute best DVC perk if you ask me.

All you have to do is leave your dirty clothes in a basket outside your room. The CM's will pick it up; wash, dry and fold, and have it back to you by the end of the day. I've heard some will CM's will even iron, but none of my ever have.

Sometimes newmembers think those baskets are what the mousekeepers set out each morning for the rooms they need to turn over. But now you know the real "best kept secret" - DVC laundry service!

What??? Didn't anyone tell you about the laundry service? The absolute best DVC perk if you ask me.

All you have to do is leave your dirty clothes in a basket outside your room. The CM's will pick it up; wash, dry and fold, and have it back to you by the end of the day. I've heard some will CM's will even iron, but none of my ever have.

Sometimes newmembers think those baskets are what the mousekeepers set out each morning for the rooms they need to turn over. But now you know the real "best kept secret" - DVC laundry service!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

(But how will you feel if someone actually DOES leave their laundry out to be done....:rolleyes1 ?)

Does this service cost? Also, when we went in December we left a case of water in the hallway, because we were leaving that day and weren't going to use it. DH said if we left it out there someone would take it. I said that no one would take it unless we put a sign on it. So, we left it for maybe two hours with no sign and it was gone. So if I leave clothes outside will people leave them alone?

Those baskets of towels and sheets were for Mousekeeping. They place them in front of units that are scheduled for service that day. :)

Does this service cost? Also, when we went in December we left a case of water in the hallway, because we were leaving that day and weren't going to use it. DH said if we left it out there someone would take it. I said that no one would take it unless we put a sign on it. So, we left it for maybe two hours with no sign and it was gone. So if I leave clothes outside will people leave them alone?

So, the only thing dumber than my question was the fact that I fell for this????

Don't feel that dumb. We have been DVC members since 2000 and I never heard of it either. They didn't do that at the DVC resorts I have stayed at. So, where do they do this?

Have a great trip! That was a nice thing you did leaving the water...if the water didn't have a sign on it, I would have just passed it by...someone was brave. I would have thought it had been left specifically for the people in that apt. Oh well.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Don't feel that dumb. We have been DVC members since 2000 and I never heard of it either. They didn't do that at the DVC resorts I have stayed at. So, where do they do this?

I didn't even read the entire response. I've gotten so good at telling if people are kidding or not. I guess I was so excited about someone else doing laundry I didn't pay attention to the fact that maybe it wasn't true. Of course with my luck, I'd put my laundry out on a windy day and end up with my undies scattered around Downtown Disney.

We were at Saratoga Springs when we saw the baskets sitting out. I never saw one outside our room, and we did have towel services.

Like said above, that is mousekeeping getting ready to clean the room. We had one in front of our door on the last trip because we weren't quite out by 11am:rolleyes1

OKW also places linen baskets for Mousekeeping.

Thanks, you are always so great at answering our questions!

Have they always done it this way? We stayed there once and I honestly don't remember seeing any baskets, but then maybe I wasn't paying attention!

I don't know that they have always done so, but they've certainly placed the baskets at OKW for the last several years. They may always have done it, but I just don't remember seeing them in the very early years.

I think they have always done it.

It is a hint - to leave. they are placed by different staff than the ones who clean it.

so you might be right Chuck, the maids might have carried the stuff up the steps with them in the early days. that say I only remember the laundry baskets.

but when you think how many steps that would include for the maids - I can definitely understand why they went that way.

sorry - some people don't understand that it isn't funny when someone takes them seriously. they should has also told you the true. but they seem to think they are cute.

to my knowledge it is only done at SSR and OKW - both big resorts that are spread out without inside corridors.

at the other places the maids have their carts - which has everything on it. but i guess it doesn't work to well unless their is carpet.

I think they have always done it.

sorry - some people don't understand that it isn't funny when someone takes them seriously. they should has also told you the true. but they seem to think they are cute.

Hey, it's okay. I'm a very sarcastic person and have found that the Internet is not the place for sarcasm in most cases. People don't see the whole tongue in cheek thing. But, if someone got a good laugh out of me, I guess it's good that I can add humor to these boards somehow! No one will ever know it's me - until you see my dirty clothes sitting in a basket outside my door :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter