My turn. $40/day still doable!

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
I actually kept all the receipts this trip and did the math when we got home. We ate when and where we wanted and said "yes, we're on vacation!" to any snacks that were wanted. I have two teenage boys, so sharing meals is never an option. Yes, we only drank water will all our meals, but that's what we prefer. Other drinks were a part of the snacking done.

5 nights, 5 days. We ate at:

Backlot Express, Rosie's All American, Via Napoli, Sunshine Seasons, Satu'il, Flametree BBQ (with 1 DS getting Pizzafari), Be Our Guest (lunch), WS split up with Liberty Inn, Tangeriene Café, and Katsura, Garden Grill (breakfast), Skipper Canteen (2 adults), Pinnochio Village Haus (2 boys)

Snacks were varied but included the refillable popcorn bucket with 7 refills and a HUGE $10 pretzel from Sommerset in Germany and a $7 shake from the lounge at 50's Prime Time.

We had breakfast bars and luncheables in our room for breakfast, but bought coffee most days once we got to the park for the adults.

Grand total is $772.15
Divide that by 5 days/nights and 4 people and you get......$38.60 per person, per day. BOOM! $40/day alive and well.

Nice job! Disney dining can be incredibly expensive. Thanks for reporting back. Good to know you can eat well without feeling deprived on a reasonable budget.

That's pretty impressive!

It's not how I would prefer to eat on my vacation, but if you didn't feel like you were missing out on anything and didn't go hungry, then I'd call that a success for your family for sure.

For a second there I thought you were going to say $40 total per day ..... :scratchin

Yes, we've had some very low cost trips as well, but I push it harder by packing some lunches.

It's not how I would prefer to eat on my vacation, but if you didn't feel like you were missing out on anything and didn't go hungry, then I'd call that a success for your family for sure.

We never felt hungry, and anytime anyone wanted a snack we got it. Everyone ordered what they wanted. We prefer QS over TS with just a few TS thrown in because we are there for the attractions more than the food. With teen boys, the character meal was because momma (me) wanted at least one.

To be honest, I was surprised when I did the math. I thought we had spent much more than we did.

Good job! Sounds very nice and for the most part you weren't tied down to ADRs! I like that Via Napoli and Skipper (adults) were included!

I'm with you on preferring more TS however it can't be said that if you are on a budget at Disney you're going to starve to death... obviously not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter