My Universal Photo Packages

Question, not sure if I'll do this, but as I literally have never done this before and I'm curious, how does it actually work? Tried to Google this info, but kept coming up with a lot of details on deals and prices, but not instruction.

What I mean by that is for Disney, either they automatically link you due to your band, or you tap which photo it is using your band which is easy, but for Universal, do you have to walk up to the kiosk with a TM and let someone know which photo is yours if you want it linked to your account, or is it done another way?

Question, not sure if I'll do this, but as I literally have never done this before and I'm curious, how does it actually work? Tried to Google this info, but kept coming up with a lot of details on deals and prices, but not instruction.

What I mean by that is for Disney, either they automatically link you due to your band, or you tap which photo it is using your band which is easy, but for Universal, do you have to walk up to the kiosk with a TM and let someone know which photo is yours if you want it linked to your account, or is it done another way?

I'll describe how it worked for us.

After you order, you'll get an email with your order information. Once you're actually in the parks, you need to show this e-mail (printout or on your phone) to one of the many, many Universal Photos TMs, including the TMs at the ride-exit photo booths. They will give you a Universal Photos card (or more than one, if you request it) plus one free lanyard to hold it (you have to pay $5 for any additional lanyards you want, so it's best to buy some cheap extra lanyards before your trip).

You use these Universal Photos cards basically like magic bands, except photos don't load automatically in the main 2 parks. At many ride exits, you can just scan the card and select the ride photo with your group in it. You should go up to a TM if there is a problem - if you can't find your ride photo, or if your group's photo is obstructed. They can usually find your photo, and they can edit the photo so that you can see everyone in your group.

In our experience, you should NOT try to set up your account before you enter the parks. You really need the physical cards to make everything smooth, and it only takes a few minutes to set up. If you are rope-dropping your first morning and don't want to waste time on this, just make notes of exactly when you rode each ride in the morning, and you can add your Universal Photos deal and all the pictures later in the day. It's quite easy.

Two other notes - (1) with magic bands, we always got all our ride photos with no work (on Mine Train, etc.) Volcano Bay supposedly has the same thing with Tapu Tapus, and we linked our Universal Photos to our Tapu Tapus, but the photos rarely showed up. The ride photos at Volcano Bay are fantastic, so, if you already have a photo package, it is well worth the time and effort -- you just need to remember the exact time you rode the rides, then go to a TM inside Volcano Bay later in the day, and they will help you find your photos and add them directly to your account; (2) the Spider-Man meet and greet in IoA, with a green screen, is really good if you have the photo package.

I'm considering getting the 3 day package, this may seem a very silly question but there are 2 of us going, will 1 card cover both of us?

I'll describe how it worked for us.

After you order, you'll get an email with your order information. Once you're actually in the parks, you need to show this e-mail (printout or on your phone) to one of the many, many Universal Photos TMs, including the TMs at the ride-exit photo booths. They will give you a Universal Photos card (or more than one, if you request it) plus one free lanyard to hold it (you have to pay $5 for any additional lanyards you want, so it's best to buy some cheap extra lanyards before your trip).

You use these Universal Photos cards basically like magic bands, except photos don't load automatically in the main 2 parks. At many ride exits, you can just scan the card and select the ride photo with your group in it. You should go up to a TM if there is a problem - if you can't find your ride photo, or if your group's photo is obstructed. They can usually find your photo, and they can edit the photo so that you can see everyone in your group.

In our experience, you should NOT try to set up your account before you enter the parks. You really need the physical cards to make everything smooth, and it only takes a few minutes to set up. If you are rope-dropping your first morning and don't want to waste time on this, just make notes of exactly when you rode each ride in the morning, and you can add your Universal Photos deal and all the pictures later in the day. It's quite easy.

Two other notes - (1) with magic bands, we always got all our ride photos with no work (on Mine Train, etc.) Volcano Bay supposedly has the same thing with Tapu Tapus, and we linked our Universal Photos to our Tapu Tapus, but the photos rarely showed up. The ride photos at Volcano Bay are fantastic, so, if you already have a photo package, it is well worth the time and effort -- you just need to remember the exact time you rode the rides, then go to a TM inside Volcano Bay later in the day, and they will help you find your photos and add them directly to your account; (2) the Spider-Man meet and greet in IoA, with a green screen, is really good if you have the photo package.
I wish I had seen this post this morning. We just left Volcano Bay and had no idea I had to link my Tapu Tapu to My Universal Photos. Any photos are gone, I suppose. What a waste of money. Guess I’ll have to get my money’s worth in the other parks.

I miss Disney. They make it easy.

I'm considering getting the 3 day package, this may seem a very silly question but there are 2 of us going, will 1 card cover both of us?
One card will cover both, or if at any point you split up (or lose the card) you can grab another. They should be available at each ride photo kiosk or roving photographer. They'll connect each card to the same account, all on that one package price.

Can I clarify...
Even if we have the package we still need to download EVERY night, or we lose them?

Hi guys. Sorry, I didn't realise that this thread wasn't about Universals own photo packages and was infact about an independent company "My Universal Photos Packages".

Their website is VERY basic and only gives the name of a package & price - there are no details about what is/isn't included - especially the deals with shutterbuttons option (is it just 1 pic, all pics/video/not video etc etc).

Also with a 3 day photo pass at €90 and an annual one for €140, am I not better off just getting an annual pass to cover all 14 days of my holiday?

But their website....doesn't give me much confidence to be honest, the most basic website I've seen in many many years.

Last edited:
61102_060219_000047534[1].JPGIt is easy to to use your photo card to scan at end of ride to load the photos. the Site is basic, but does work. It is NOT like Disney's however-where you can add borders/dates etc. The Universal sight has the borders already added (for example the Mummy ride photo). Usually there are self serve kiosks where you find your photo then scan card.
Sometimes the Universal photo sight runs specials (annual pass for price of 3 day, or special price for Universal pass holders.)
IF your trip isn't for a while I'd recommend waiting until you get to parks to ask a Photo TM in person your questions unless a really great deal comes up in the meantime.
And if trip is more than 3 days and or if days are not consecutive then the annual photo pass is better if you want photos all days of your trip.

View attachment 442365It is easy to to use your photo card to scan at end of ride to load the photos. the Site is basic, but does work. It is NOT like Disney's however-where you can add borders/dates etc. The Universal sight has the borders already added (for example the Mummy ride photo). Usually there are self serve kiosks where you find your photo then scan card.
Sometimes the Universal photo sight runs specials (annual pass for price of 3 day, or special price for Universal pass holders.)
IF your trip isn't for a while I'd recommend waiting until you get to parks to ask a Photo TM in person your questions unless a really great deal comes up in the meantime.
And if trip is more than 3 days and or if days are not consecutive then the annual photo pass is better if you want photos all days of your trip.
Thank you. I've now booked the 30 day package and they have been incredibly helpful through messenger - great customer service for someone who really is a technophobe.

Last edited:
If i buy a 30 day or annual photo pass, can I share it with a friend? (who is going on a different day/s to me?)

If I bought a 3 day photo pass, and end up upgrading my tickets to be Annual Passes, can I also upgrade my Photo Pass to be an Annual Photo Pass?

View attachment 442365It is easy to to use your photo card to scan at end of ride to load the photos. the Site is basic, but does work. It is NOT like Disney's however-where you can add borders/dates etc. The Universal sight has the borders already added (for example the Mummy ride photo). Usually there are self serve kiosks where you find your photo then scan card.

Hey there Monica!

You CAN add different borders to your universal pics if you use the desktop version of the website. Just click on the photo, select "create product" (blue button at the top of the picture), select 5 x 7 from the product options, and then "change border". All the available border options will then appear, and you will also have the option to enlarge or reposition the photo as well.

Let me know if you need any help! I put new borders on all of my pics from last week.

Hey there Monica!

You CAN add different borders to your universal pics if you use the desktop version of the website. Just click on the photo, select "create product" (blue button at the top of the picture), select 5 x 7 from the product options, and then "change border". All the available border options will then appear, and you will also have the option to enlarge or reposition the photo as well.

Let me know if you need any help! I put new borders on all of my pics from last week.
Thanks Gina! haven't played with it in quite a while-need to go look now from HHN trip :)

amazingpictures.com ... is this the site to use for the photo packages? Is it better to do this at the park or order it online before we go? After purchasing it, do we bring it somewhere to show someone? We leave next week. Thanks!

Last edited:
amazingpictures.com ... is this the site to use for the photo packages? Is it better to do this at the park or order it online before we go? After purchasing it, do we bring it somewhere to show someone? We leave next week. Thanks!
If you get it beforehand through amazingpictures.com you can get all kinds of packages for lots of various lengths. You pay, get an email with an order number and then activate it just inside the gates of the park.

I really wasn't sure either, but went ahead and bought a 30 day package (we're there for 14 nights) and it was so simple and the customer service from them is amazing. Any questions you can msg them on Facebook or twitter - so simple and I have complete peace of mind for when we arrive in December.

If you get it beforehand through amazingpictures.com you can get all kinds of packages for lots of various lengths. You pay, get an email with an order number and then activate it just inside the gates of the park.

I really wasn't sure either, but went ahead and bought a 30 day package (we're there for 14 nights) and it was so simple and the customer service from them is amazing. Any questions you can msg them on Facebook or twitter - so simple and I have complete peace of mind for when we arrive in December.
Thank you so much! I've never been to Universal or Disney before, so I'm clueless!

I've been eagerly waiting for the Black Friday sale to go live and it's looking more and more like it will happen while we're at Universal. From what I understand when you have your first photo taken they give you a card, correct? If we have our pictures taken throughout the week and held on to the cards could I then order the package once the sale goes live and get the pictures from the previous days? I'm wanting the annual photo pass and, from looking at last year's sale, the cost was $50 less what's usually listed - not a small chunk of change!

I've been eagerly waiting for the Black Friday sale to go live and it's looking more and more like it will happen while we're at Universal. From what I understand when you have your first photo taken they give you a card, correct? If we have our pictures taken throughout the week and held on to the cards could I then order the package once the sale goes live and get the pictures from the previous days? I'm wanting the annual photo pass and, from looking at last year's sale, the cost was $50 less what's usually listed - not a small chunk of change!
As far as I'm aware you have a log with your email address and password, so you should be able to access photos from various trips. I may be wrong, but that's how it sounds.

If we have our pictures taken throughout the week and held on to the cards could I then order the package once the sale goes live and get the pictures from the previous days?
You have to buy the package or individual photos by the end of the park day. They wipe the system each night unless the photos are purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!