My Universal Photo Packages

I have all the pictures connected to the system since they started the program. I still download all pictures after each trip just in case they purge, but so far they haven't.

I also started just getting it reactivated each trip inside the park. They can sell you the exact number of days you'll be there instead of trying to make their packages fit.

Forget the price, but last time I got an annual pass. I'll get three 10 day trips out of it, but I wouldn't have purchased it unless it was less than double the 10 day price.

We bought the 30 day package months ago - still the best deal for us but the 18 month package is great value.

We are going the end of April. If I buy either the 5 or 10 day package that’s on Black Friday special will I be able to wait until our arrival to activate?

We are going the end of April. If I buy either the 5 or 10 day package that’s on Black Friday special will I be able to wait until our arrival to activate?

Yes. I bought mine during the last Mardi Gras sale and just activated it last weekend. Your days don't start counting until you activate it. The hardest part was finding the email again for them to scan!

I just bought this for our trip in December. This is all new to me. So do I have to activate this on our first morning at the parks? Where, at a photo store in the parks or just with a photographer at our first photo? Can we do it at our resort? Our first morning is the grinch breakfast, I assume we have to activate it first to get photos from that (I assume they take some there)?

I also see it comes with a 5x7, and 8x10 a shutterbuttons video and a rockit video. Do we have to chose the photos when we get them, or can we wait until the end and choose a favorite? As a followup, then if we can wait until the end where can we get the photos?

What the heck is a shutterbuttons video, and how do we get it since it's included? I'm assuming a rockit video is from Rip Ride rockit? So if we are in 2 rows, we only get one of the 2 videos? Again, do we have to get it right then or is that something we can do later?

Sorry for all of the questions. I don't recall all of this being at the beginning in a FAQ, if I am wrong and it's all spelled out for me and you want to link me instead of trying to answer I appreciate that also. I'm excited about this trip, but out of my element. I know all about photopass, but this is so strange to me! TIA :rainbow:.

I can answer most of that not involving the videos.

You have to activate it in the parks, at the photo store just inside the entrance. You can get some photos before doing so, no need to activate first. Although you do need to activate the package before the end of your first day. I don't know if they can activate it at the resorts, I kinda doubt it though.

When your first photos taken, the photographer will give you a little credit card size card with a QR code. This will then be linked to your account and all photos automatically uploaded to it from then on. If you lose the card or need another, they can all be added to the same account, no extra charge (you can have several cards going in case your party splits up).

Each photographer will take a photo of your QR code to connect any photos they take. At the end of each ride, scan your card with the photo kiosk or at the desk to add ride photos. They can also zoom in and modify things at the ride photo counters. There are also a few photo areas set up with automatic cameras that you can scan your card at yourself (get a few poses, they're fun & quick & free).

Your Tapu Tapus at VB will be used instead of the card - make sure each person connects theirs to your account before returning them. Those do automatic photos on several slides, plus you can tap for posed photos at a few locations.

You can wait until the last day of your package before printing the photos, and can chose from any of the photos taken the whole trip. I think I have read that the photos taken on HP rides need to be printed in HP areas, so that might still be the exception. When you print, you'll be able to see the photo at higher resolution first which can be helpful... You can also add borders and other little doodads to any of your pictures while you're at the photo place at the front of the park.

I can answer most of that not involving the videos.

You have to activate it in the parks, at the photo store just inside the entrance. You can get some photos before doing so, no need to activate first. Although you do need to activate the package before the end of your first day. I don't know if they can activate it at the resorts, I kinda doubt it though.

When your first photos taken, the photographer will give you a little credit card size card with a QR code. This will then be linked to your account and all photos automatically uploaded to it from then on. If you lose the card or need another, they can all be added to the same account, no extra charge (you can have several cards going in case your party splits up).

Each photographer will take a photo of your QR code to connect any photos they take. At the end of each ride, scan your card with the photo kiosk or at the desk to add ride photos. They can also zoom in and modify things at the ride photo counters. There are also a few photo areas set up with automatic cameras that you can scan your card at yourself (get a few poses, they're fun & quick & free).

Your Tapu Tapus at VB will be used instead of the card - make sure each person connects theirs to your account before returning them. Those do automatic photos on several slides, plus you can tap for posed photos at a few locations.

You can wait until the last day of your package before printing the photos, and can chose from any of the photos taken the whole trip. I think I have read that the photos taken on HP rides need to be printed in HP areas, so that might still be the exception. When you print, you'll be able to see the photo at higher resolution first which can be helpful... You can also add borders and other little doodads to any of your pictures while you're at the photo place at the front of the park.
Thanks!

I found a Facebook thread on their page last night that mentioned that shutterbuttons is a Harry Potter video you have to go and make, in Diagon alley I believe. You get the video but don’t get any photos from it (I assume this is why they give you the video. I’ll bet most people then buy at least 1 photo, they do look kind of cool).

I’m assuming this will actually turn out to be obvious while we’re there, and just confusing to read about without having any experience. I don’t like that you have to line up to do any boarders or editing there- we usually end up pressed for time constantly and lining up for things like photos is the last thing the rest of my family then wants to do!

Can anyone tell me what the price of the photos and digital downloads are without the package. We are going for a six day span. Trying to decide between the 5 day and 10 day package. We won’t be going to the parks at least one of the days. Probably the last day which case it won’t matter BUT DS’ best friend and his family are also on vacation in FL that week but they are not going to any of the parks (they have a family home on the coast) so we may meet up with them one of the days in the middle and make that our non park day. I don’t want to spend an extra $20 for something we won’t use but also don’t want to miss out on pictures because they cost more than $20.

Thanks!

I found a Facebook thread on their page last night that mentioned that shutterbuttons is a Harry Potter video you have to go and make, in Diagon alley I believe. You get the video but don’t get any photos from it (I assume this is why they give you the video. I’ll bet most people then buy at least 1 photo, they do look kind of cool).

I’m assuming this will actually turn out to be obvious while we’re there, and just confusing to read about without having any experience. I don’t like that you have to line up to do any boarders or editing there- we usually end up pressed for time constantly and lining up for things like photos is the last thing the rest of my family then wants to do!

You can edit the borders and the pictures after your trip through their website. Someone else on the board mentioned it a while ago and we have been editing the pictures from our last trip. Kind of a "fun therapy" for my wife who is artistic and a slight perfectionist! lol It is really easy to add the borders/delete the borders/zoom/crop and even add little "stickers".

You can edit the borders and the pictures after your trip through their website. Someone else on the board mentioned it a while ago and we have been editing the pictures from our last trip. Kind of a "fun therapy" for my wife who is artistic and a slight perfectionist! lol It is really easy to add the borders/delete the borders/zoom/crop and even add little "stickers".
Thanks. That’s great, I thought I had read somewhere in this thread that you had to do any edits right after the photo was taken at the attraction, I must have misunderstood. It sounds like it is similar to how myDisneyphotopass used to be, and I could spend (waste) hours and hours messing with those photos.

Thanks. That’s great, I thought I had read somewhere in this thread that you had to do any edits right after the photo was taken at the attraction, I must have misunderstood. It sounds like it is similar to how myDisneyphotopass used to be, and I could spend (waste) hours and hours messing with those photos.
I also contacted customer service at amazingpictures.com to ask how long they hold the pictures on the website. They told me that as of right now, the pictures are not deleted from the website. They indicated that this may change in the future when they upgrade their servers. At that point, pictures will only be available online for 90 days. You can still download all of your pictures from the website. After changing the borders and editing each picture, you have the option to save that to your computer as well.

What’s the Shutterbuttons video that comes with the special offer photo package?

is the the normal Shutterbuttons DVD? Or something different?

We've now been here for 10 days and have some amazing photos. All the photographers have been great and it's been so easy using the self scan kiosks for ride photos. Very impressed and would highly recommend getting a photo pass. The studio they have in US is great fun too and everyone with a pass should visit - it's a DIY studio and we've been in 5 times already and you can get 10 pics done at a time with all kinds of backgrounds on green screen. 10/10. 4 days left to get even more pics in the parks.

We've now been here for 10 days and have some amazing photos. All the photographers have been great and it's been so easy using the self scan kiosks for ride photos. Very impressed and would highly recommend getting a photo pass. The studio they have in US is great fun too and everyone with a pass should visit - it's a DIY studio and we've been in 5 times already and you can get 10 pics done at a time with all kinds of backgrounds on green screen. 10/10. 4 days left to get even more pics in the parks.
Where is this DIY studio?? Will want to add it to our travels next trip.

Where is this DIY studio?? Will want to add it to our travels next trip.

You can see it here sherlockmiles…...

Just after the AP lounge.

i-dQ3hmvg-X2.jpg

I got the year photo pass and thought I could wait til the end of my annual pass to print the best pictures. Don't do a me and wait. You can only print pictures within a month of taking them. (I went in Jan 2019, May 2019, and Dec 2019 but I could only print out pics from Nov 2019.)

The team members helping me said they couldn't even access the pictures on my card past November. But at least I have them on my app/account! (Just can't print out the HP, Transformers, Spiderman, etc ones as they are copyrighted.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!