My wife was blasphemous on our last trip...

I’m not too old for the parks just don’t enjoy them much. Out of 10 day stay we go to 3 pRks in a day and we are one and done. I honestly don’t get people who go every day.

DW and I (67 and 68) still enjoy visiting the parks. We took one or two vacations per year to WDW for many years until we started to snowbird near there. Now we visit a park once or twice a week, except during the holidays.

We have come to call our visits "walks enhanced by Disney". We have a few favorite attractions we try to visit, usually via a last minute FP. Occasionally we will stop in to a different attraction. The walks can be longer or shorter depending on how we feel or the weather. Sometimes we will stop and get a snack or lunch along the way. We don't rush, it is more of a leisurely stroll. On one of our visits this April we took the Caring for Giants tour at the AK.

Try and find out why your wife thinks she is too old. Remember the sign at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom: "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy". No mention of age limits there.

Wish I could.

Too bad! My solo trips coincide with DH's scuba trips, and now that he is retired, he is diving a lot more. We went together in October for our 30th anniversary, and I had solo trips in August, February, and April. Maybe your DW would like Food & Wine festival? That was a very relaxed trip.

We're taking some of the the adult kids to Universal for Thanksgiving, and will probably spend a few days at WDW with our 2 DDs before son-in-law joins us. I don't think my DS will come from the west coast, he spends a week with us at Christmas and that is enough travel for him. Everyone does not feel the same about Disney.

DW and I (67 and 68) still enjoy visiting the parks. We took one or two vacations per year to WDW for many years until we started to snowbird near there. Now we visit a park once or twice a week, except during the holidays.

We have come to call our visits "walks enhanced by Disney". We have a few favorite attractions we try to visit, usually via a last minute FP. Occasionally we will stop in to a different attraction. The walks can be longer or shorter depending on how we feel or the weather. Sometimes we will stop and get a snack or lunch along the way. We don't rush, it is more of a leisurely stroll. On one of our visits this April we took the Caring for Giants tour at the AK.

Try and find out why your wife thinks she is too old. Remember the sign at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom: "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy". No mention of age limits there.

Ahh, life is but a dream....since I will never really be able to financially retire, I hope to create a snowbird life - here in Colorado for the spring and summer, work at Disney fall and winter. Enjoy your strolls...it's a lovely picture.

I'm 64 (65 this September and my wife is 64) and I can't understand being too old for WDW. I thought the reason for going was to reclaim your youth. I usually creak and groan when it is time to get up in the morning. Down at WDW we are up at the crack of dawn and we are both raring for a full day in the parks. We love dancing in the streets with the parade in front of the castle, we do at least 3 character dinners every trip, we stand in line to get hugs from Mickey and anyone else we can find while in the parks. Too old for Disney? That is not possible. It has especially gotton more fun now that we do the trip without any children or grandchildren. They were cramping our style.

Because the wife would never allow me to come without her. The closest I get is when I book her a spa day and I get to the park on my own.
oh. haha. Thats not a bad problem to have though. I'd love to have a spouse who loved Disney as much as I do. But i get what you mean. At times you just want that solo experience. Hey, at least you get it while she's at the spa. Its a win win. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter