• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My's 2015 Trip Planning Journal

My Name

Earning My Ears
Our family is in the process of planning what we are calling our 'Rite of Passage' trip to Disney.

I figured it may be helpful to log a journal as we go through the planning process and hopefully other can benefit as well.

First some background and criteria.

Parents-Ages 37.
Kids Boy-9, Girl 7, Girl 6

Oldest two have were last there is 2011 and we stayed at the AofA Hotel.

Our research goal is find the balance between budget and promotions that allow us to get the most bang for our buck.

We also want to pre-plan a fair amount of the dining to avoid worrying about when, where, and what to eat on a daily basis once we arrive.

We will explore looking at package deals via going direct, Expedia, travel agents as well as ala carte options. We post as much as we can as to our findings.

Budget-We set aside $8,000 BUT would like to be closer to $6,000 because we have a winter trip for just the adults coming right behind this one for the family. But $8,000 is our line in the sand.

When- Mid October 15'- Jan 16'. We are pretty flexible and hoping to take advantage of the free dining.
We believe this would eliminate the ala carte shopping.

Lodging-We will research the Moderate hotels as well as renting DVC points.

Airfare, we are flying out the Mid-Atlantic so prices should be decent.

Tickets-package or third party seller.

I am looking forward to jumping down the proverbial rabbit hole and see where all this takes us.

Thanks for reading along and please share as much as you can.

A journal is a great way to log your plans and keep a record of all the exciting things you are planning to do :)

Just moving this over to the Pre-trip reports board :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter