Mythos reservations...

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
First time going to Universal Studios in March, and this Mythos restaurant looks pretty interesting. When is a good time to book dinner reservations? Are reservations really needed or can you usually walk up? Thanks.

I’d reserve a few days before just so you can have it on your calendar for sure. But, they might not be open for dinner. Hours vary.

I'd book it the day before if it's a moderately busy time.

There was an hr+ wait for lunch the week before President's day, but wide open reservations for lunch the next day. Next day, it was lovely walking past all those people awaiting tables and being seated immediately.

We have been turned away for not having reservations. It was a Thanksgiving weekend and only an hour or two before the restaurant closed.

March is when spring break starts so perhaps just a little bit ahead, not much. It isn't like Disney where almost all table service restaurants are full and you'll need to book months / weeks in advance. The only time where it's necessary is big holidays. However, if it's just a concept of if it makes you feel better knowing you have something and the fact that you won't have to wait ridiculously long then you should do it.

We were able to book the night before in April (not Easter week). Then, I was able to adjust it on my phone while we were in the park. They did not seem as busy to me right at opening (early lunch).

We were there on 12/26, walked up at lunchtime. Wait time was an hour for a table inside, or we could be seated immediately outside. Guess which we took? The weather was OK- a little breezy (I wore my hoodie all through lunch) but not bad. I would say that the crowd on 12/26 was pretty awful, so always think to ask about outdoor seating if the wait for inside is too long.

I had always read that you don’t have to worry about Universal dinner reservations too far in advance like at Disney but I just looked for our trip in mid-February and there were no dinner reservations at Mythos for any times later than 5:15 during our whole stay. What’s up with that? I took the 5:15 but am hoping we can switch it to something later closer to the date.

I had always read that you don’t have to worry about Universal dinner reservations too far in advance like at Disney but I just looked for our trip in mid-February and there were no dinner reservations at Mythos for any times later than 5:15 during our whole stay. What’s up with that? I took the 5:15 but am hoping we can switch it to something later closer to the date.
The restaurant might not be open past then

I've been waiting until today to book Mythos for our visit on May 15. I just went to the reservation website and there's a big banner across the May 15 date that says "closed"...anyone have any insights as why it's scheduled to be closed that date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter