Name a movie you loved when

Yours, Mine and Ours starring Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda.

Their characters were both widowed and they got married and between the 2 of them they had 18 kids. Kind of turned into real life for me. DH & I had both been divorced and we had 10 kids between the two of us. Ended up adopting one more after we were married

I wanted to add another one but I loved The Benji Movie. I was obsessed with Benji even had books on him.

spice-world_2832.jpg

I was 12 years old in Spice Years.

Tiny Toon Adventures:How I Spent My Summer Vacation. I still have my original VHS tape.Should watch it again at some point....

"The audience is now deaf!"

you were under the age of 12

Fantastic Voyage It was about some guy who needed an operation and only hope for him to live was to shrink a few doctors and a submarine and inject them into body where they will begin work. I don't want to see it today, its probably fake and corny but at the time I thought it was the greatest thing ever. My buddy and I would go into my basement and build a fake sub and pretend we were shrunken inside a body doing medical procedures

My family loved that movie. I remember seeing it as a Saturday matinee at the theatre and then later when it started showing up on TV would watch it every time!!!

Another one the "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" with Don Knotts. Would watch it every time. It was spooky funny to the under 12 set.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059221/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

And of course the Saturday Night Creature Feature movies like Crowhaven Farm with Hope Lange

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065594/?ref_=nv_sr_1

And of course the Wizard of Oz. I would watch any of the above again and enjoy it.

MJ

Last edited:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Charlotte's Web
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
The Ten Commandments -- for some reason I understood as a kid just how cheesy the acting and the script were, yet I was just fascinated.
All of the Laurel and Hardy movies.

My favorite scene in The Ten Commandments is when the old woman is greasing the stones and gets her robe caught....as a kid I was on the edge of my seat!

Another I always loved was Jason and the Argonauts (1963 version).

MJ

My favorite was Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton. We watched and sang along with that movie. I was probably 11 and my brother was 9. We had no real understanding at that time what the movie was actually about but we loved all the singing and dancing and costumes.

I grew up in the late 70's/80's...

Annie
Sound of Music
Pete's Dragon
Pollyana
Escape/Return from Witch Mountain
Bedknobs & Broomsticks
Puff the Magic Dragon
The Three Caballeros
Gone with the Wind
10 Commandments
Oliver
Goonies
Parent Trap
Freaky Friday

So many memories!

Grease
Sound of music
Wizard of oz
Bad news bears
Smokey and the bandit
Cannonball Run
20,000 leagues under the sea
Swiss Family Robinson
That darn cat
Flubber, etc
The shaggy dog, etc
The aristocrats
The fastest man in the world (I think that’s the name)
Willy wonka
The love bug
Most of the classic non cartoon original Disney movies.

I am sure there is more. FYI, I was born in 1971...you know WDW opened just in time for my birth!

we got a VCR when I was 13--so seeing something more than once was pretty much only if it was on TV yearly or some such. Ones that were on TV for me to rewatch that I loved and looked for:

The Sound of Music
The Bad News Bears
CandleShoe

and the two that I loved in the theatre, so much so that I was gifted soundtracks, were:

The Mupper Movie
Annie

A lot of the same ones already listed - Sound of Music, Annie, and many Disney movies. - Did anyone mention The Incredible Journey yet? That was one of my favorites.

Wizard of Oz
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
PBS version of Great Expectations
Several Disney movies, including Song of the South

I was obsessed with The World's Greatest Athlete in 1973 when I was 13. I loved the story and comedy but probably mostly because of Jan Michael Vincent in a loincloth.

The Parent Trap, hands down. My son is even named Mitch. I adored Brian Kieth
images
images
and that
ranch...to die for.(yes, I know it was a set)

Star Wars(tho I was 15) and Where The Boys Are round out my top 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter