Name change taking a while - renting

andy_dangg

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! Hope this is the right place for this--I'm new to the DVC side of these boards.

I don't own DVC, but we're hoping to rent for our August trip. I found a great deal on a confirmed reservation for BRV on David's. I requested to book and submitted the deposit. Pretty soon after that, I heard back from David's and they said that since the reservation is already confirmed, I should make the remaining payment.

I submitted the payment Monday night and got an email Tuesday morning that the owner just needs to change the names on the reservation to ours. The owners still haven't changed our names and we haven't gotten the confirmation number yet. I did a live chat with one of the reps and they said they typically aim for a 24 hour turnaround, and that they would contact the owners to "nudge" them.

Since I'm not an owner and not super knowledgeable about how this all works on your end, is there a reason to be concerned about the delay? I understand everyone has jobs and lives and the like, and I don't want to have unreasonable expectations. Is it a big hassle to change the names on the reservation? We're really hoping this works out--it would be a big upgrade from Pop Century for not that much more. Thank you!!

The owner has to call member services and wait until a rep gets on the line. I don't know what current wait times are, but the last time I had to call, It took me days before I got a rep.

As the previous poster said, the owner needs to call Member Services, and they have been quite swamped. That may be the reason for the delay. Once they get through to Member Services, it should only take a couple of minutes to actually change the name on the reservation.

Hi guys! Hope this is the right place for this--I'm new to the DVC side of these boards.

I don't own DVC, but we're hoping to rent for our August trip. I found a great deal on a confirmed reservation for BRV on David's. I requested to book and submitted the deposit. Pretty soon after that, I heard back from David's and they said that since the reservation is already confirmed, I should make the remaining payment.

I submitted the payment Monday night and got an email Tuesday morning that the owner just needs to change the names on the reservation to ours. The owners still haven't changed our names and we haven't gotten the confirmation number yet. I did a live chat with one of the reps and they said they typically aim for a 24 hour turnaround, and that they would contact the owners to "nudge" them.

Since I'm not an owner and not super knowledgeable about how this all works on your end, is there a reason to be concerned about the delay? I understand everyone has jobs and lives and the like, and I don't want to have unreasonable expectations. Is it a big hassle to change the names on the reservation? We're really hoping this works out--it would be a big upgrade from Pop Century for not that much more. Thank you!!
The owner likely heard from David’s on Tuesday morning. It’s now Wednesday. I’m sure that your anxious to get this addressed but try to understand that the owner has to take time out of their day to call Member Services while they are open in order to make a name change. Then they have to notify David’s that it’s been taken care of before David’s gets back to you.

Telephone wait times for Member Services can vary, but at one point it was taking hours to get thru. Members can also accomplish a name change by contacting Member Services via email. The last time that I did that, it took more than 2 weeks for them to get back to me. But if the owner does not reside in the U.S., emailing is often easier for them.

The owner likely heard from David’s on Tuesday morning. It’s now Wednesday. I’m sure that your anxious to get this addressed but try to understand that the owner has to take time out of their day to call Member Services while they are open in order to make a name change. Then they have to notify David’s that it’s been taken care of before David’s gets back to you.

Telephone wait times for Member Services can vary, but at one point it was taking hours to get thru. Members can also accomplish a name change by contacting Member Services via email. The last time that I did that, it took more than 2 weeks for them to get back to me. But if the owner does not reside in the U.S., emailing is often easier for them.
I was thinking this was the case, I’m always an overthinker. Thanks for the info!

This just happened to me last week :)

I own DVC, but saw an existing rental at David's for $9/point and took it (preserving my own points for Christmas this year and Aulani next Summer).

I emailed David's and said that if they could not remediate within 24 hours they should cancel my reservation and refund the money. I was frustrated as they are not taking phone calls and chat was unavailable. Adding to this frustration, they also had me pay in full (even though their online procedure says Deposit, then Reservation Number, then payment in full).,

Within 3 hours or so, I tried to link the reservation in MDE again and I was able to. David's didn't respond to my email until midday the next day (saying the owner removed the previous guests names).

I own DVC, but saw an existing rental at David's for $9/point and took it (preserving my own points for Christmas this year and Aulani next Summer).

I emailed David's and said that if they could not remediate within 24 hours they should cancel my reservation and refund the money. I was frustrated as they are not taking phone calls and chat was unavailable. Adding to this frustration, they also had me pay in full (even though their online procedure says Deposit, then Reservation Number, then payment in full).,

Within 3 hours or so, I tried to link the reservation in MDE again and I was able to. David's didn't respond to my email until midday the next day (saying the owner removed the previous guests names).
I wasn't thrilled to be paying in full either, but it seemed like since my reservation was less than 35 days out, the required payment was due in full immediately. I still would have preferred to have the reservation number first though.

Hoping these $9/point deals are still floating around in November/December. I never realized how inexpensive some of these confirmed bookings could be...would love to find a good deal on AKL, Poly or GF for a short resort only trip.

When I booked there were dozens of $9 rentals available. I saw some good deals on the DIS boards as well, but not that low. For the week beginning August 23rd, David's had five studio reservations available (for week long stays) at various resorts. I chose the Poly.

Hopefully you find something that works for you later in the year.

When I booked there were dozens of $9 rentals available. I saw some good deals on the DIS boards as well, but not that low. For the week beginning August 23rd, David's had five studio reservations available (for week long stays) at various resorts. I chose the Poly.

Hopefully you find something that works for you later in the year.
We're going that week too! Didn't see any Poly that were in our price range, if I saw something for 4 or 5 nights I would have jumped on it.

$9 a point is hard to pass on. Have fun. If we lived closer I would probably grab some of these, but I live 1,200 miles away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!