Nametags for Guests

tidblgrrer

Mouseketeer
Approximately 20 years ago we purchased red nametags that they personalized with your first name. They were shaped like the Cast Member nametags. On subsequent trips we were able to get them for most of the children, but now we have one child without one. On our last few visits we could not find anyone that even knew what were talking about. Does anyone know where I could purchase something similar? This trip is for her 16th birthday so we are trying to make it memorable. Thank you for all of the help.

Not sure what you’re talking about, sorry. Have you checked eBay? Or emailed Disney?

Approximately 20 years ago we purchased red nametags that they personalized with your first name. They were shaped like the Cast Member nametags. On subsequent trips we were able to get them for most of the children, but now we have one child without one. On our last few visits we could not find anyone that even knew what were talking about. Does anyone know where I could purchase something similar? This trip is for her 16th birthday so we are trying to make it memorable. Thank you for all of the help.

It looked like this.

Attachments

• GUEST-of-HONOR-WDW-Disney-ID-NAME-TAG.jpg
    GUEST-of-HONOR-WDW-Disney-ID-NAME-TAG.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 26
Our family has the red Guest of Honor badges and for a while you could get specialty characters as well. I’ve been looking for one for our granddaughter and I’ve seen some on Etsy that are along the same idea. I don’t think you’ll have any luck with the old red style unless you can find someone selling on eBay with the same name.

Disney discontinued the Guest of Honor badges in 2003, I believe. I know we got some for some friends in May 2002, but they were no longer available on our next trip. I was told that the badges were creating some confusion for other guests who assumed guests wearing these were CMs.

DW and I have proudly worn ours for over 20 years. At this point, very few CMs have ever seen one and we will be asked frequently about them. We've actually created our own backstory around why we have them.

36 days and I get to wear mine again

Steve

I do remember the red Guest name tags. As a CM over 20 years ago until recently, I never thought that Guests wearing them were CMs because the color and shape were not the same as the real CM name tags. I don't see why they were discontinued because they still don't resemble CM name tags. I thought they were cool for Guests.

By the same token, if you see someone in the real world with a fake "Police" badge (and you don't know exactly what a real police badge actually looks like) there can be some major confusion.
Maybe even some dangerous assumptions.

No point in WDW selling name badges that can cause quite a bit of guest confusion.

(Heck, if you show up to shop at many real world retail stores while wearing khakis and a button shirt, you're likely to get asked questions as if you were an employee.
People just "ASSUME.")

(Heck, if you show up to shop at many real world retail stores while wearing khakis and a button shirt, you're likely to get asked questions as if you were an employee.
People just "ASSUME.")
I had to laugh... I’m a teacher and one day a couple of years ago I was wearing black pants with a red short-sleeved collared shirt. A little boy said “Wow! You work at Chic-fil-A too?!?!” :D

People on here are giving the general public way too much credit. They're not paying any attention to the color or the inscription on the name tag.

By the same token, if you see someone in the real world with a fake "Police" badge (and you don't know exactly what a real police badge actually looks like) there can be some major confusion.
Maybe even some dangerous assumptions.

No point in WDW selling name badges that can cause quite a bit of guest confusion.

People just "ASSUME.")

Yep... I remember forgetting that I was wearing a blue shirt and khakis and I went to browse for stuff at Best Buy. I wasn't in the store for five minutes before I realized what I was wearing and noped out.

But they're not even close in appearance and they say "Guest Of Honor".
T0 someone who has never been to Disney they can give the impression of being a cast member. To a child who has been taught to look for someone with a nametag for help they could have been downright dangerous.

My friend was wearing a neon green hoodie in a store whose employees wore dark green polos. She was stopped and asked if she worked there. The general public barely uses common sense when they’re amongst well, the general public.

(On topic I remember those name tags and I definitely had one.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter