Napa Rose Chefs Counter- a quickish review

Disney Lvr of Old

DIS Veteran
hi! My son and I had dinner here Friday night. We were seated at the second section in front of the kitchen. I had the wine pairing. Our server was Dondi and Isidro took care of us as well. Both were wonderful. They moved like ninjas; they would appear behind us out of nowhere.

Chef Gloria introduced herself and asked our likes and dislikes. My son will eat anything except seafood and I’m open to anything. I sensed they were sceptical but after DS ate everything in the first 2 courses they weren’t anymore.

1st course:
Hearth roasted oysters for me- amazing
Smiling tiger salad without lobster- loved4746F9CD-08B0-472E-B9DC-A993947EA56E.jpegB36B3EC2-2FF2-4AA2-A3FA-5AE697A9D6EB.jpeg
2nd course:
Diver scallop- wonderful
Duck- oh my word, I can’t even describe how amazing this was. I got one tiny bite before my son devoured it. He skipped the cabbage but otherwise cleaned the plate
567C2F4D-6C5A-45FB-A391-67305EF10872.jpeg 6020F17B-5892-4795-9585-C58767620D5B.jpeg
3rd course:
Winter goose ragu: on the fence. It was tasty and cooked well but lukewarm.
Bison stew with dumpling- I know this isn’t correct but it’s something like it. My DS ate every bite; this was his favorite course.
A6A28B6F-EAEC-4F1A-B88E-7BFF6261F964.jpeg F64E7AF3-4C98-4947-9E18-1D48BD7DE789.jpeg
4th course - mains:
Brambly roasted filet mignon, me- so good but at this point I was struggling. The heat in the cranberry relish was amazing
Lamb- loved the plate, ate some of the accompanying relish but DS was starting to get full as well so concentrated on his favorite part.
1B99D546-EBAA-4D3C-AC37-8F594F334692.jpeg A8F8A24F-118C-4D3C-99D8-1B79585697C8.jpeg
Dessert:
Too full to listen!
4143F81B-F8A9-4FAD-A688-DFC67678C4C4.jpeg 2A5F818F-A8F4-4953-AB56-8F3B23249F74.jpeg
DS loved the sorbet but was too full for the rest. Mine was to die for so I was glad I saved room. The macaron- tasted like hot cocoa heaven.

The wine pairings went well. I asked for more of the first when I didn’t love the 3rd which wasn’t a problem.

Final thoughts: We loved watching Chef Gloria expedite and we were in front of the chef preparing the Lamb and filet. He was amazing; the flow was a sight to behold. DS loved the experience; loved talking to our table mates (glorious couple who had just been married that day). They initiated conversation with him and talked with him about food (one was a former sous chef). We were seated early and a course ahead of everyone so missed out on the truffled Mac and cheese Chef Gloria gave to everyone during their main. That was a bummer. I felt rushed towards the end because the cleaning had started and everyone started disappearing. But we were the first to leave so I was probably imagining it. I found the food showing up behind me disconcerting at times. We would be talking about something or joking and there would be a laugh behind us- Dondi or Isidro! I told Isidro he was a ninja.

I know we will go to Napa Rose again but my son and I agreed that ordering from the menu and getting a full serving of what we loved would be the way to go next time.

I ubered there and back from HOJO. We were asked at the gate where we had ressies; she didn’t verify, just let us through.

Another bucket list item checked! Thanks everyone for your advice and guidance on this.

Sounds fantastic. I’m taking my college aged daughters there in 3 weeks. Quick question-how much did you tip and did you tip each server or a lump sum?

So glad you and your son had a wonderful celebration dinner! :) Next time, try sharing the Vintner's Menu at a table or even in the lounge. That way you'll both get smaller tastes of the weekly "tasting" menu (but the portions are normal size, so sharing is possible), leaving plenty of room for dessert! Vintner's with a wine flight is always a fun evening at NR!

That all sounds wonderful and the food looks amazing!
Could I just ask, you don't actually need park tickets in order to access the Napa Rose do you? My sister and I are hoping to book a table for the night before we head into the parks, so we won't have our tickets yet.

I'm sure the food was delicious for those who like that sort of food. Just not my preference. Whenever I read about what is served, I like to imagine how well the chefs could make regular American food. Your experience sounds delightful.

I'm sure the food was delicious for those who like that sort of food. Just not my preference. Whenever I read about what is served, I like to imagine how well the chefs could make regular American food. Your experience sounds delightful.
I can understand. I go there on occasion with friends who enjoy Napa. My preference is Steakhouse 55. If you haven't been, you'd probably ike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter