Napa Valley trip report

MirandaPen

If Cinderella had a hairstylist, I'd be it.
October 4-5 we went for a 9th wedding anniversary trip to Napa.

We stayed at The Candlelight Inn B&B in Napa. The Inn keeper gave us several complimentry wine tasting vouchers for some of the local winerys. We went to Williams Hill first. They let us try so many diffrent varieties that we were ready to try out a meal next. We ate at Bistro Don Giovanni, had a nice meal. We decided we should officially check in to our room. The B&B was so nice, we had the Garden view room which had a tub spa which we used first thing. Next we headed out to the Napa premium outlets, they were small, I preffer Vacavilles outlets. After finding no particular good deals, we visited thier local Target. We then headed back to our room for a compimentry glass of wine, slice of delicious chocolate cake, and a cheese platter. The Inn keeper even offered to add a scoop of Ice cream, which she added sprinkles to :goodvibes . We enjoyed the rest of the evening in the tub again.

The next morning we were served the most tasty breakfast in the dining area, everyone had thier own little tables. We had strawberries and creme, then homemade french toast topped with a mountain of cooked sliced and spiced apples. The next course was an egg puff with salsa and a dollop of sour cream, with a side of herbed pototoes. Cann't tell you enough how good that egg puff was. After breakfast we checked out then decided to try Jessups winery. They too gave us so much wine to try, I liked thier table for four wine. We then headed to V. Sattui a fun little stop in Napa. There was alot of sauces and cheeses to sample. We bought a large selection of different cheeses and our favorite artichoke spread they sell. I like how they have little disposable plate, cup, fork and napkin packs for sale. We also picked up some bread and a deli item. Next stop the free wine tasting. I found the wine they were sampling to be good for people who don't like wine. It is light and fruity, especially the popular Gamay, husband said it tasted like strawberries. They gave us two full glasses if we picniced outside, that was a first. It had been raining earlier on, I think they were trying to promote drivers by to stop in. It never rains in this area usually till about Halloween, one of the reasons grapes do so well here.

We had a nice little trip, we live within driving distance away. I would highly reccomend California visitors try out Napa. Lot's of places here I would reccomend that on this visit we didn't go to. Try the Culinary institute for lunch and desert, Chandon for champagne sampling (Riche is my fav), Artesa for the view and the sarah ;), Cake bread has a gread Cabernet. I've never done the Wine train or Copia, maybe next time.

Thanks so much for your TR we are hoping to go there in the next few months so this is a great starting point. Thank you!!

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter