Narcoossee’s or Citricos? How do I decide which one to go to?

I think they are both pretty much the same as far as kitchen ability so would read the menu and decide what sounds most appealing to me:).
One way they differ is lighting: Narcoossee's is dimmer and a bit more romantic.

I have asked this in the past and the responses are divided - each one is a favorite for different people. I think it comes down to which menu appeals more to you - for us, it's Narcoose's, so that's where we're going.

Citricos has a more advanced menu. Narcoossee’s is standard surf and turf fare. Both are very good at what they do. Narcoossee’s has an incredible view. Citricos is tucked upstairs and has no view. Narcoossee’s tends to have more kids and be louder. Citricos has more of a modern open kitchen layout. Like others have said, I would look at both menus and see what appeals to you, unless you can try both.

They are both very good. I give the edge to Citrico. You really can't go wrong with either.

I haven't been to Narcoosee's yet but we dined at Citrico's recently and it was excellent. Food and service. We will definitely return.

honestly, they are pretty much even. just look at both menus online and decide which one appeals to you more. the "level" of food at both is about the same.

We are preferential to Narcoossee's but as others have said both deserve the signature moniker. I'm a huge seafood fan which is why I prefer Narcoosee's. Its probably the only place on property where I consistently order the same thing (either the shrimp pasta or scallops both are amazing) which for me says a lot. Plus add in fireworks views and its a pretty spectacular experience. I will say though that Citricos has better appetizer and drink options.

just back and ate at these two on subsequent nites this week at the same time of the evening ....

note that if your Cit' experience was a year ago - check the menu, it changed A LOT since this time last year (we ate then too - same week - <conference held at Contemp>)

We liked the Cit menu a lot last year ... less so this year. They changed almost everything one the menu in some way and not much was an improvement to our tastes so in that way it was a wee bit of a disappointment. Halibut is gone - replaced with snapper ... stuff like that. (IMO they cut the quality of ingredients .... took out $$ stuff and/or substituted less $$ items ... but the prices didn't drop!)

THIS YEAR Narc' won for food ..... for our tastes .....

If you are going to be seated thru fireworks, Narc' has the best seats (if you get a lucky table ... we did) but if you finish justa lil b4 f/w, from Cit' it is a short walk to the boat basin of GF and you get basically the same view.

So yes, compare the menu ... the 2 spots are more alike then different! Service was very good in both but service has always been good in any GF venue IME

(btw an editorial: the prices are stupid high and continue to get worse. I had the 'surf and turf' at Narc and the size of the lobster was criminal for what they charge IMO ..... and coffee is now $9 per person?!?!?!? It's good coffee - pressed at table - but not $9 good. I had an Irish Coffee and volume wize it was about 1/3 the size of a typical Irish cof' at a good dinner place. Not 1/3 the price tho . . .)

Last edited:
I think both are comparable in terms of food. I would check menus and see if one appeals to you more than the other. If you're weighting more than just the food ... atmosphere wins at Narcoossee's. It's out on the water and there is great fireworks viewing if fireworks are part of your plan.

For what it's worth, we just had an off experience there a few weeks ago. It mostly had to do with our server who was not very good. The food also took forever, I think we waited about 45 minutes between appetizer and main course. We'll probably skip Narcoossee's next time but I will say the food was mostly very good. But bad service can definitely spoil an otherwise good meal.

Ive been to both and narcoosees was way better. The venue felt more special on the water, and I am a fish lover and their fish dish was so good. Citricos felt more like a standard hotel restaurant and the fish dish was very plain.

I had the BEST experience at Narcoosses in 2014 on my birthday...got to see "Wishes" and had a phenomenal server. The whole experience was superb. But I also love seafood!!!

Haven't been to citricos but we just went to narcoosees in May when we visited. We had an early reservation and brought our 2 year old with us. The food and service were both fantastic! Our server was wonderful with our daughter and she loved her finding Nemo cupcake!!

Only complaint was the family next to us wearing cutoffs and t shirts, granted not the restaurants fault just Wish the dress code was enforced a bit more. The hostess even told my husband there is only so much that they can do. If my 2 year old can wear a dress so can adults.

We have been to both and prefer Narcoossee's but in my case the girls love the Electrical Light Floats at night and have to see them on every trip. Plus Narcoossee's just seems friendlier if you have children.

I like the atmosphere and the food better at Narcoosee’s. It’s a bit friendlier, I like the staff better, and being there during MK fireworks is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!