Narcoossee's - 9/17/06

GrandFloridian4

Cruising is MAGICal & WONDERful
My DH & I had a res. for 7:05 pm & were told to arrive at least 20 min. early to request a window seat, as was suggested on another thread. We arrived at 6:05 & checked in early. We were told that in order to accomodate our request, we would need to add an additional 20 min. wait onto our time & they would be able to seat us shortly before 7:30 pm. That was fine with us because we wanted to sit on the porch & enjoy the music & gorgeous views of the lagoon & MK & we figured they'd probably seat us earlier, anyway.

As expected, we were seated early - about 6:45 pm - & they took us to the very last table in front of the windows - next to the exit door & the kitchen. We had really wished, at that point, that we hadn't requested a window seat as the view from that area is fairly blocked & probably the least desirable. Also, basically any table in the restaurant has a view of the lagoon. I would probably request a "2nd Floor" table next time.

My DH ordered the chowder soup, which was absolutely delicious. I ordered the romaine salad, which was very good, also. The bread that they put on the table was very warm & fresh. We both ordered the Beef Tenderloin with potatoes & asparagus. The entire entree' was terrific. We didn't eat an appetizer or dessert.

Our server was o.k. Friendly, but not that attentive. The place wasn't very loud, but it definitely wasn't quiet or having a serene atmosphere. We chose to watch the fireworks on the porch because of our poor view - you couldn't even see the castle - but it probably was the best choice, anyway, because you could appreciate them more. They turn off the lights on the porch & the speakers play the timed music that you hear in MK when they go off & you can hear the fireworks, also. It was absolutely gorgeous! There was a nice breeze & it was a clear night, so it was a wonderful time. pixiedust:

Thanks for the advice - We have a ressie for mid-November, and I planned on getting there plenty early also for the window seat. But now I know it's probably not worth worrying about. Glad you enjoyed your meal!

We have an ADR on 10/7 for Narcoossee's for one of our honeymoon dinners. I hope we get a good spot to see everything. I have heard some pros and cons about the place and am kinda nervous whether I picked the right restaurant.

Thanks for your review. We'll be there Sunday night and I'll be sure to request a table on the 2nd level and not worry about the window seat. This will be our first time there.

Princess Amy said:
We have an ADR on 10/7 for Narcoossee's for one of our honeymoon dinners. I hope we get a good spot to see everything. I have heard some pros and cons about the place and am kinda nervous whether I picked the right restaurant.

Since it's your honeymoon, I'll elaborate just a bit more ~ my opinion, of course :)

The food is absolutely delicious - cooked just to our liking & request. I try the beef tenderloin very often at restaurants & I was very pleased with Narcoossee's.

I thought the restaurant was kind of pricey for the size of the portions & there really isn't a large selection of items for any course. You may want to check out the menu before you go - on-line or pick up one from the restaurant - just to see if you both will like what is offered. They say that the menu changes daily, but we picked up a menu from there last month & it was basically the same, so the additions/deletions must be slight.

I think the biggest draw for the restaurant is the fact that it is on the lagoon & that you get to see the fireworks after eating. It is also very nice to be able to sit on the porch & enjoy the water, the castle in the background, & watching the boats. :love: It did get cool, even though it's mid-Sept., so you may want to have a sweater since you're going in a few weeks.

Congratulations on your up-coming wedding. Have a wonderful time on your honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter