Narcoossee's vs BOG

TeresaWen

DIS Veteran
we do not eat many table service meals in Disney but when we do we go big! I currently have an ADR for BOG on a Saturday at 7:10. Perfect timing for us. Not thrilled with a set three courses. When we do dinner we usually share an appetizer over cocktails, have soup or salad with a white wine or sparkling wine, then entree’s paired with a different wine. Usually a red of some sort. If we get desert we usually share one with an after dinner drink. Then coffee or tea.

BOG is very interesting but not exactly what we usually do. We would enjoy dining in the MK and we very much enjoyed BOG when we could dine the way we like to. Seeing HEA after would be a bonus.

I also have a Friday ADR for Narcoossee's. It is 9:00. A bit late to start our dinner. So...if we keep Narcoossee's I may make it a progressive dinner. Drinks & appetizers at one monorail hotel lounge. Salad & wine at another. Then just entree’s at Narcoossee’s. Giving the timing, desert wine on the patio watching hallow wishes at 10:15.

Which sounds better? Both are too much two days in a row.

Thanks!

I'd do your plan for Narcoossee. Last month we started at Mizner's with a before dinner cocktails and a cheese platter. The view of HEA from the deck is great! I don't know if you'd have the same experience at BOG.

Narcoossee's sounds much better to me -- either full meal or progressive dinner. Maybe you can snag an earlier reservation to make it work with your schedule a bit better? I think in terms of what your group's preference is, at least as I'm interpreting it -- more relaxed, wine pairings/recommendations by course -- it fits better than the in-park prixe fixe at BoG.

I have a reservation finder alert set for Saturday. I would prefer watching HEA to hallowishes. I'm liking my progressive idea for Friday since the fireworks are over an hour later.

You will love Narcoossee's. We celebrated our 25th Anniversary there followed by a private fireworks cruise. It was a wonderful dinner and memorable evening.

We were unable to secure a dinner reservation to BoG, but we had a very lousy lunch there. We won't be returning.

A progressive dinner with entrees at Narcoosees sounds great. I have an ADR for my February trip. Always a nice meal.

Unless you want to see the castle and beast, no question. The food at Narcoossees is so much better (at least in the past). I haven't been to BoG since it changed to pre-fixe.
The atmosphere at Narcoossees is much better. And you can listen to the Jazz band before or after or both.

I would not choose BOG unless you are invested in eating in that Castle. Narcoossee is perfect for teh kind of dining you are more happy with, and the atmosphere is way better. No matter how hard the CM's try to hide the fact BOG is a giant cafeteria, it is still a giant cafeteria.

I would not choose BOG unless you are invested in eating in that Castle. Narcoossee is perfect for teh kind of dining you are more happy with, and the atmosphere is way better. No matter how hard the CM's try to hide the fact BOG is a giant cafeteria, it is still a giant cafeteria.
Thank you for saying that. When we went for lunch, that is exactly what it felt like, a giant cafeteria. I have no interest in returning ever again, but unfortunately, I think my family will want to return.

Thank you for saying that. When we went for lunch, that is exactly what it felt like, a giant cafeteria. I have no interest in returning ever again, but unfortunately, I think my family will want to return.
Don’t get never wrong, BOG is nice for dinner, and if my family wanted to go back, i would be happy to oblige. Given a choice though, and knowing what the OP stated their dining habits are, I believe BOG would be an expensive compromise.

Don’t get never wrong, BOG is nice for dinner, and if my family wanted to go back, i would be happy to oblige. Given a choice though, and knowing what the OP stated their dining habits are, I believe BOG would be an expensive compromise.
That is exactly it. We just can’t do both. We have a few food & wine events and I just can’t fit in two big dinners without exploading :)

We are going with Narcoossee’s

Plans change! We went to Narcoossee's on Saturday to see if we could eat at the bar. We had an absolutely perfect meal. Glad we are not doing a "progressive" dinner - the summer salad at Narcoossee's was amazing. If I do a progressive in the future I will try doing the salad course here :)

Still considering BOG this coming Saturday. No big dinners planned this week. But heck, plans may change

Interesting they are still serving the summer salad! It was really really good - best salad I had all week! The cornbread croutons were fab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter