@ Narcoosses now and no kids odering off adult menu...anywhere else enforcing this?

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
Narcoosses was a hard no on letting our DD order off the kids menu, on the DxDDP. @ kona for lunch today they encouraged her to order off the adult menu. Any reports of restaurants enforcing kids to order off the kid menu?

We have seen it a few times. How old is your daughter?

Technically they are supposed to order off the children’s menu. There has been such spotty enforcement though

She's 9 and her favorite food is scallops. She was so disappointed in not being allowed to order them. I wasn't upset and I understand kids ordering off of the kids menu but it was completely opposite of what we experienced at lunch today. At Kona they encouraged her to order off the adult menu. We are thinking of trying Yachtsman tomorrow to see if they'll let her order the scallops. She loves crab too so we may end up at Cape May just to ensure she gets something she loves.

I think it is not just restaurant based, but server based. Our server at Narcoossees was one that encouraged the kids to order adult meals. I guess it is luck of the draw.

I think it is not just restaurant based, but server based. Our server at Narcoossees was one that encouraged the kids to order adult meals. I guess it is luck of the draw.
That is a huge problem. Inconsistency causes so many customer service issues. The perception is that not being able to pay for a child's meal and get a very expensive adult entrée is a problem. As someone paying oop for dinner, I think it is a good thing to be offered the menu paid for.

But how do they know that kid is THE kid? Maybe you borrowed a kid that is 10 and ditched your kid

You may be right....we've had this waiter before and we'll just say he was less than magical. The very fact that I recognized him from over a year ago says something.... He allegedly "talked to the manager", my DH (who never says a bad word about anyone) said I'm pretty sure "talk to the manager" translates to, "I'm taking a break"

But how do they know that kid is THE kid? Maybe you borrowed a kid that is 10 and ditched your kid

:rotfl2:
I'm not that quick witted!

As a follow up, I'm happy to report after some sweet talking, my DD9 is getting her scallops @ yachtsman. Basically I just asked if they could just charge 2 meals to my seat, he was like yup, that will work!

Ugh! You never want to remember a waiter that sucks. Not very magical at all

I’m so glad your dd is getting her scallops. I feel her pain, I adore them myself.

I am pretty sure it is by server. They probably aren’t really supposed to allow it, but it drives up the total bill cost and that usually means a larger tip in their pocket. I would never expect it and accept the pixie dust if it is allowed!

Well,
I'm the reverse and quite definitely an adult who generally prefers kids meals.

I've never been denied one -whether on ddp or oop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter