Nashville, TN for a 4 day weekend?

momz

DIS Veteran
Travelers are DH and me, DD 18, DS 15.

Where would you send us? What do you suggest we see or do? I have some mobility issues, but am not shy about using a cane or wheelchair if needed. I can do most things but would use the aids for balance and to manage my energy.

Long weekend in June. I'm not certain of the exact dates. Interests. sight seeing, music scene, history, hiking or biking, kayak or canoe. We don't need fancy swanky hotels, just a clean place to sleep, then go out and about during the day.

We have visited Belle Meade Plantation. Learned a lot. Great wine tasting tours. Wild Horse Saloon-good food, sports bar atmosphere. They teach line dancing while you wait for your food. Johnny Cash museum was very interesting even to us non-usual country fans. Enjoyed the Ryman auditorium and the Grand Ole Opry-again, even though we are not country music fans. We do day trips with mother in law. Visited the Grand Ole Opry Hotel-beautiful atrium with a gondola ride.

We just spent 2 nights in Nashville while looking at colleges. My whole family loved every short minute we spent there. Since we had limited time, we didn't get to a lot, but we did do a tour of Studio B through the Country Music Hall of Fame. Even though we are not country music fans, we had a great tour guide and really enjoyed the tour.

The Tennessee State Museum is also a nice place to visit. There are state parks within an hour of Nashville that offer hiking that you might check out.

My sister and her hubby go there for 3-4 days at least once or twice a year, they love it, but its only about drinking for them

My recommendation if you have a car stay in one of the outlying cities of Nashville because downtown ain’t cheap at all. As far as what to do. Johnny cash museum, country music hall of fame, tour the ryman and Opry. And I would come later in June than beginning. The first two weeks we have two different festivals going on in the area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!