Naughty dog!

Sand Wedge

Registered
OK, so we'd left a roast chicken on the counter top, supposedly out of reach of our dogs.

Here's the clever - and naughty part.

Tillie, one of the dogs - mimicked a move I can only describe as one akin to an accordion and nabbed it. No idea how. And she swallowed it, whole. No chewing - like a duck.

Naughty Tillie. No biscuit.

My dog found a bag of Chips Ahoy minis in my daughters room and got into them one night when everyone was asleep. We woke up to Chips Ahoy bag shreds everywhere and one very hyper dog!

Yep, the steak at the back of our counter top, DH should have known. Don't left it for a second. Giraffe lips we called the dog. Paws up on countertop, head sideways, and there ya go. Had to laugh, at least it wasn't mine. Yep, and bag of candy on middle of dining table. Dog had upset stomach after that one. Sorry your chicken was enjoyed by the dog. But had to laugh.

What kind of dog? Chicken bones do not pass kindly through most dogs' digestion tracts. And chocolate could be fatal. Hopefully the dog will be okay.

Cooked chicken bones can have some serious consequences for the dog-I would keep a very close eye on her until you are sure they have all passed and then for about two weeks after.

My parents used to have a small dog and a cat who were partners in crime. No baked goods were safe from them. Even if they put it on top of the fridge they'd get ahold of it. The cat would jump on top of the fridge and knock the bread to the ground. The dog would be waiting on the ground and would tear open the bag and eat half of it, leaving the rest for the cat.

Cooked chicken bones can have some serious consequences for the dog-I would keep a very close eye on her until you are sure they have all passed and then for about two weeks after.

My apologies; it was a chicken intended for chicken. It was a roast chicken wannabe. It was a pre-roast chicken. Apparently (or so the vet said) uncooked bones are fine as dogs crunch through them - cooked is dangerous.

Besides, Tillie's jaws are literally twice the size of a Staffie's. I kid you not. She could hack through an elephant's foot with only a lady like burp.

My parents used to have a small dog and a cat who were partners in crime. No baked goods were safe from them. Even if they put it on top of the fridge they'd get ahold of it. The cat would jump on top of the fridge and knock the bread to the ground. The dog would be waiting on the ground and would tear open the bag and eat half of it, leaving the rest for the cat.

That is so awesome!

Our first dog, Timmy, was amazingly deft. We left some mashed potato on the table - this time, WELL out of reach. So what does he do? He pushes a chair up to the table, clambers onto it, sits down and nosh nosh nosh... no more potato.

My previous golden retriever managed to get at the two cooling cake layers. I put them way back on the counter and went to bed. Woke up in the morning and half of each layer was gone!!!!

This made me laugh. Just after we got our big rescue mutt we left a cake cooling on the counter. We'd always had smaller dogs prior, but you can see where this is going. I went to look for the cake but could only find cooling racks in the sink. Not a crumb anywhere. That cemented our sheltie's positive assessment of his new "brother", as the entire cake must have landed on the floor. Good thing it wasn't chocolate.

My previous golden retriever managed to get at the two cooling cake layers. I put them way back on the counter and went to bed. Woke up in the morning and half of each layer was gone!!!!
Had a golden retriever eat a hamburger out of the pan while it was cooking. He didn’t even disturb the pan so no one knew it was gone til they went to flip it!

My apologies; it was a chicken intended for chicken. It was a roast chicken wannabe. It was a pre-roast chicken. Apparently (or so the vet said) uncooked bones are fine as dogs crunch through them - cooked is dangerous.

Yes, raw bones chewed up are fine. Cooked chicken bones will splinter into sharp bits.

One thing to be aware of is that sometimes high bone content causes diarrhea when the dog isn’t used to it. Good luck this evening:)

One of our dogs ate a half defrosted turkey. It was on the counter and when we got home we found a trail of turkey juices all through the house. Not only did he pull it off the counter but he dragged through the house. Gross!

MJ

Last edited:
I once left a container of Kraft parmesan cheese on the dining table. My small dog got up on the table while I was at work, dragged the whole container through the house, sprinkling cheese all over. He ate almost 10% of his body weight in cheese. After all that cheese, he got thirsty and drank about a gallon of water. After drinking a gallon of water, guess what happened next? Oh boy, was he a sad pup when I got home.

My step sister said her cat and dog would work together too. She said one night they had grilled out a big plate of hot dogs and set them on the kitchen counter while cleaning up the grill. She came into the kitchen to the cat rolling hot dogs off the counter to the dog waiting below.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!