Naughty dog!

My apologies; it was a chicken intended for chicken. It was a roast chicken wannabe. It was a pre-roast chicken. Apparently (or so the vet said) uncooked bones are fine as dogs crunch through them - cooked is dangerous.

Besides, Tillie's jaws are literally twice the size of a Staffie's. I kid you not. She could hack through an elephant's foot with only a lady like burp.

Raw chicken is quiet safe, bones and all, and a preferred food for raw feeders. Might I suggest some mousetraps on the countertops for a while? As someone who lives with two very large dogs I have found this to be a very effective method of curing countersurfing. They will not hurt a large dog but the discovery that the counters make noise and bite usually stops them countersurfing pretty effectively.

One night we ate some White Castle hamburgers in our living room. We had one left and forgot to put it in the refrigerator. The next morning I saw the box(each White Castle is in a box.) and a pickle from the hamburger on the floor. One of our cats pulled the box with the sandwich in it off the coffee table. She ate the hamburger, but apparently did't like the dill pickle.

I am so, loving this thread! My daughter is notorious for not finishing her fries and leaving them in the bottom of the bag, giving it a twist and then setting it down. One evening I kept hearing rustling from the other room. I went to investigate and found the dog with his head in the fast food bag! I called his name in my "mad Mommy" voice. He turned to look at me and I about fell over laughing. The bag was still on his head and he just stood there, embarrassed, knowing he was caught and not knowing how to get that bag off his head! The bag was about as big as he was! ETA - he is a 5lb toy poodle!

There's this thing that dogs do - if caught eating something Forbidden, they'll make a run for it... whilst staying as close to the food as possible. It's like watching quantum gravity in motion!

I have an 11 year old pug who can figure out anything when food is involved and when he thinks no one is watching. Once left a packed kids lunch in a zipped soft-sided bag on the kitchen island. Hopped in the shower and came out to find the bag on the floor, unzipped, baggie that used to contain a PBJ pulled out with a hole chewed in it and no sandwich. Not sure exactly how that little dog got up there and that was before we had his larger partner in crime who easily can reach up and grab things off the counter.

Last edited:

Been there, done that with my pug too. Catching him soon after, hydrogen peroxide, and lots of puking saved him. He once ate a whole box of crayons. Colorful piles littered the backyard over the next few days.
I had to like this just picturing the confetti lumps all over the yard. :)

My parents used to have a small dog and a cat who were partners in crime. No baked goods were safe from them. Even if they put it on top of the fridge they'd get ahold of it. The cat would jump on top of the fridge and knock the bread to the ground. The dog would be waiting on the ground and would tear open the bag and eat half of it, leaving the rest for the cat.

Our cat knocks the dog treat bag down for our mutts all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter