Naveen Ain't Playin: My Glitteriest, Princessiest TR Ever! (FINISHED 4/13)

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
It's time to play the music!
It's time to light the lights!
It's time to start this TR on the TR board tonight!

Bonjour everyone, and welcome to...

IMG_4015_zpsr8ohzvay.jpg

Ooh! Ahh! Do you like it? I bought a cute photo app a while ago and decided to put it to good use ;)

YES! As you have read twice now, this TR has more glitter and princesses than my previous ones! Okay, so this is technically only my second TR. But it's still my glitteriest and princessiest ever! And more photos. Almost 2000 not including memory maker ones. I doubt I'll get around to posting all 2000, but hey, I can dream, right?

This TR will contain many things, in addition to the glitter and princesses that I have forewarned you of. It also includes tons of Disney food, tons of mermaids, tons of Parkbound buttons, tons of free cups of water, tons of rushing to FP+s, tons of Hollywood Studios shows, tons of special pixie dust, tons of shopping, and above all, tons of heartwarming memories that I'll always hold dear. And a few pressed pennies thrown in here and there.

If that doesn't sound like your style, you might want to check out some more TRs. Thanks for dropping bye and I'll see ya real soon! :wave:

But if it does sound like your style... then I believe some introductions are in order!

Let's meet the family!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7414064586_zps4o6dwyic.jpg

We didn't get a family castle picture (again) so Tinkerbell and Spaceship Earth are subbing in.

We're a fantastic four from NJ. We love Disney. This is our 3rd family vacation to WDW, although I went there once with my parents as a day trip while my little sister was still a baby, so I guess that could count, too. Our first vacation was in 2010, and we stayed at the Contemporary Resort. Our second vacation was in 2014, and we stayed at the Grand Floridian resort. You can read all about that here! And obviously, you're about to read about our 3rd vacation :)

Here's dad.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7419671684%201_zpsgx6azjkd.jpg

He's definitely not a lost boy, but he's part of a fire brigade!

His name isn't dad, obviously. It's actually Tom. But he's my dad, so we're just gonna call him dad on this TR. The reason he's posing with the Lost Boys Fire Brigade barrel outside of Peter Pan's flight is because he's a firefighter, and that's a big part of his life. He really loves Disney, and he really, really, really wants to be Chief Smokey Miller one day. Seriously, that's his dream post-retirement job. And I think he could pull it off! His favorite part of this vacation was relaxing by the pool, but he had fun in the parks, too. He especially loved the restaurants we went too.

Favorite character: Smokey Miller
Favorite restaurant: Ohana's
Favorite hotel: Contemporary Resort
Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean
Favorite souvenir: His Goofy hat
Favorite snack: Mickey pretzel
Magicband details: Red band named "Chief"

And then there's mom.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Resort_and_Spa_7417717627_zpsbbseov1w.jpg

Mom was a little camera shy this trip, so I'll just use another family photo.
I don't have any photos of mom alone or with me, so I kind of have to use this one. But that's okay! She likes family photos better. She's one of the strongest women I've ever met, and she's a big Disney fan, too. She's just not a big fan of getting up early on vacation... or going to the parks all day... or having to travel all around WDW... but really, she LOVES Walt Disney World! And we had some great memories on this trip.

Favorite character: Duffy
Favorite restaurant: Crystal Palace
Favorite hotel: Grand Floridian Resort
Favorite ride: Haunted Mansion
Favorite souvenir: Any form of Jewelry, especially bracelets
Favorite snack: Mickey Premium Bar
Magicband details: Blue band named "Susie"

The princess to my left (your right) is Grace

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7419079969_zpsticcelbg.jpg

Her tiara may be bigger, but I'm older, so who wins?

Grace just turned 14, and she's going to be a freshman in high school this fall. She has a massive love for Peter Pan and Duffy the Bear. She loves Walt Disney World, too, but get's too overwhelmed by the parks too easily and doesn't like being separated from mom and dad on vacation, so she spent a majority of her time at the pool too, I'm afraid. We're pretty different, and I can't lie, we fight a lot. But we had some good times on this trip, and even had a full-on sister bonding evening at Magic Kingdom, complete with a dinner at Chef Mickey's! She loved this trip as much as I did.

Favorite character: Peter Pan and Dumbo
Favorite restaurant: Crystal Palace
Favorite hotel: Grand Floridian Resort
Favorite ride: Peter Pan's Flight
Favorite souvenir: Any of her stuffed Dumbos
Favorite snack: Cupcake
Magicband details: Yellow band named "Belle"

And finally, your hostess with the mostess!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7418265946_zpszpwzuh73.jpg

In front of Muppet fountain!

My name is Kaitlyn. I'm 18 years old and 19 days from right now, I'll be starting my college experience in New York City, my second favorite place on earth. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle between a Disney princess and a lost girl. I idolize the mermaids from the Neverland Lagoon (we were only trying to drown her!), Tinkerbell, and Peter Pan. Ariel is pretty much my soul sister. And I love collecting things. I know most people here are #TeamTradingPins, but that's waaaay too expensive of a hobby for me. I'm #TeamPressedPennies. Much cheaper and much more manageable ;). I'm trying to become a hardcore pin collector, though! Maybe one day, if I do the DCP like I want to, I'll have the time and money to do so.

I'm the hardcore park lover of the family, so most of my adventures were done solo, I'm afraid. But they were done with a smile on my face, a tiara on my head, and a Parkbound pin on my shirt! And I did enjoy a good dip in the pool with my family most days, and we had all of our TS meals together (expect for one dinner), so it's not like I was alone for the whole vacation!

Wow. I talk a lot. Sorry. :blush:

But there are a few more things that you do need to know before we start this TR, so just hang tight for a few more minutes! It's all technical stuff.

This vacation was sort of my "fault". It was a graduation present. Some kids want a party with 500 people when they graduate high school, I just wanted to go back home. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge from August 1st to August 9th, 2015. You can find my PTR for this trip right here!

I'm not going to make you read through the whole PTR, that would be a lot of reading and not very fun or productive. But I encourage you to skim the last few pages if you have time so you can get an idea of a very sad circumstance that surrounded this trip. We lost my grandmother the Monday before we were supposed to leave. And it obviously effected the trip to a degree. It won't be covered much on this TR, but if you read the last 2 or 3 pages of my PTR, you'll get a feel for how chaotic and weird everything become very suddenly before this trip, and how it affected the vacation itself.

Okay, that's ENOUGH INTRODUCTION-ING! IT'S TIME TO START THIS TR!

AWAY WE GO! :tinker:

(Click here to start the TR!)

Last edited:

August 2nd
Our 3rd Annual Friendship Day Celebrashun
Life is the Desert!
Shopping Sprees with Ariel, Red Feathers with Peter
That Time I Took No Pictures of Tomorrowland
The King is Giving a Festival!
A Quality Evening at MK
Cinderella's Family Reunion
Chocolate-Eating Superpowers

August 3rd
Never, Ever, Ever, Ever, Ever, Ever Rope Drop Soarin'
(*REAL LIFE UPDATE*: Where in the World is Kaitlyn?)
I Meet Some Characters and Can't Think of a Clever Title
We Are Here to Fall Down a Rabbit Hole
She Really is a Funny Girl, That Belle!
Mushu in Trouble
An American in (fake) Paris
Manatees & Margaritas
An Evening in Italy Ft. Fauntelroy the Fern

August 4th
Rope Dropping is Inevitable
You've Got a Friend in Starring Rolls
A Frozen Afternoon
Indy Never Loses His Hat
"Put That Walkie-Talkie Away!!!"

August 5th
Our Breakfast Safari
The Obligatory Kilimanjaro Safari/FotLK Update
A Characterriffic AK Afternoon
Dole Whips, Pixie Dust, and a Purple Mickey Balloon
World's Okayest Night At The Boardwalk

August 6th
A Reprisal: The Beginnings of Kaitlyn Day
A War Declaration
The Kaitlyn Day Intermission
Tiaras and a Cinderella-rriffic Evening
The Chapter You've All Been Waiting For

Last edited:
YAAAASSS!!!! And the title is EN POINTE!!! So excited to read all about this trip! :mickeyjum

P.S. OMG, you've just reminded me how close it is to school starting. Whoa. Help.

Following! A Disney trip is much better than a party! That's a pretty picture of you by the fountain. I also have a pink magic band for our trip next week! :D

Following! Can't wait to hear more!

Welcome aboard! :teeth:
YAAAASSS!!!! And the title is EN POINTE!!! So excited to read all about this trip! :mickeyjum

P.S. OMG, you've just reminded me how close it is to school starting. Whoa. Help.

YAAAS!!!

Stop, don't talk about school. 18 days until I leave. Stop. Stop. SEND HELP!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Welcome aboard! :cutie:

Following along, can't wait to read all about your Graduation trip
Also I'm so sorry for your loss :goodvibes

Welcome aboard! :yay:

Thank you for the condolences, you're very sweet!

Following! A Disney trip is much better than a party! That's a pretty picture of you by the fountain. I also have a pink magic band for our trip next week! :D

Welcome aboard! :sail:

Much, much, better than a party :)

Thank you! I love the photo too much! I might make it my FB profile pic!

Pink magic bands are the coolest!

On with the show. How exciting to be starting collage soon. Which one are you goin too in NYC?

On with the show! :dance3:

I'll be attending Pace University :)

Second Star to the Right, and Straight On 'Til Morning (Part 1)

If you'd read my PTR, you'd know that the story of this trip had to begin right after the repass following my grandma's funeral. Which is not how we wanted to start the trip, but we had to make do if we wanted to get to WDW without losing any reservations. So yes, this trip started off on a weird foot, but we still had a great time.

The repass was held at what was my grandma's favorite local restaurant, and it really was a nice way for us to catch up with some family members we hadn't seen in years. At around 1:30, the repass was over and my family went home to get changed. We got changed, gassed up the car, and at exactly 1:45, we were finally on full speed to WDW!!!

IMG_2025_zpsfoelrzm5.jpg

Does anyone else start their trip off with a messy car? No, just us?

IMG_2026_zpsrfrbxlxs.jpg

This is mini-ari! She only saw a few hours of sunlight, I'm afraid. I tried to get all sorts of cute pics with her, but it never quite happened in WDW.

Ready? I'm about to knock out 26 hours of driving in two posts ;) I didn't bother to write anything down in a formal journal during the car ride, I just kind of made notes on my phone. It's going to be a bit long, so prepare yeselves! Maybe grab a cup of tea and come back. I'll wait.

At 3:30 we made our first rest stop at the Walt Whitman center. At 3:50, Grace engaged into a snapchat war with me. I won.

IMG_2031_zpsq8g4iiug.png

IMG_2030_zpswqemgjsz.png

Then we decided to pop a movie into the DVD player! We ultimately settled on this classic.

IMG_2033_zpsrxhy6obl.jpg

I'M A MARRIED SPUD I'M A MARRIED SPUD I'M A MARRIED SPUD

Some notes I made regarding this period of time in the car...

... When choosing the movie, I suggested Oliver and Company, to which Grace said "no, we're not watching Oliver and Company, remember when we tried to do that last year?"
... I noticed shortly after the movie began that things were heating up in a conversation my parents were having. I asked them what they were talking about and my dad casually responded, "Lettuce".

Good times.

At 6:00-ish, we stopped again at a Maryland rest stop.

IMG_2035_zps5t0v3imq.png

Then we continued on! We played the Corey in the House theme song as we passed by Washington DC.

Our next stop was for dinner, and it was at around 8:15. Would you like to know where we stopped?

IMG_2040_zpsbmidgsrd.jpg

YAY!!! It was my first ever Shake Shack, I was so excited!!!

IMG_2043_zps7faq79go.jpg

This was the peanut butter cup milkshake. It was amazing.

IMG_2044_zpslmd3b8dr.jpg

This was a cheeseburger with bacon and onion rings. Also amazing.

By 9:30 we were back on the road after stopping for gas. At 9:50, I decided, eh, might as well put on Beauty and the Beast. I sang along to everything. Grace wasn't pleased since she was trying to sleep. But we got plenty of sleep later, so... yeah.

At 11:40, we were at North Carolina! We saw this giant windmill. It made me giggle. Everything is funny late at night.

IMG_2047_zpstbmiq4gh.jpg

IMG_2045_zps0jlhsxi4.jpg

We continued on. I was going in and out of sleep, so I missed a majority of my well-beloved South of the Border billboards :( but my parents had me awake in time to see us pass the cheesy tourist stop itself, so that was fun! It was full of lights. Which was weird because there was nobody there.

My parents originally planned for us to stop for a hotel along the way at around 1:00 in the morning. But... that never happened. We stopped for about 30 minutes of sleep at a South Carolina rest stop at 4:00 in the morning, but I couldn't sleep. It was HOT in the car, and I had no room to move my legs since dad was sitting on my side of the car and had moved his chair as far back as he could. It was very stressful. I just got out of the car, went to the bathroom, walked around in a circle, and saw a cat out hunting for mice. It was a great safari.

But we were moving again in no time. By around 5:00 I did eventually fall asleep, apparently... because I woke up at 6:00 and we were here.

IMG_2048_zpskhtdh2fs.jpg

It had to have been close to Georgia. Grace and I got out of the car, went to the bathroom, and then sat at these here picnic tables to soak up the morning sun and watch some vines. We then had breakfast in Georgia, at an iHop.

IMG_2049_zpst3t7e87a.jpg

IMG_2050_zpsus3qe5bn.jpg

IMG_2052_zpsg8fpy8ua.jpg

The drink was a mocha coffee, it was pretty good. Those above are crepes with nutella... which were pretty nasty. Blech.

Still we continued onward! We were almost at Florida!

(Click here to continue!)

Second Star to the Right, and Straight On 'Til Morning (Part 2)

IMG_2055_zpsq8losefv.jpg

I SAW THE SUN(SHINE STATE) and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sun(shine state)!

We arrived in Florida at 10:23. It was the longest drive from breakfast to Florida, I swear. But we had some fun!

IMG_2056_zpsolyjerrs.jpg

O dolphin, my dolphin

IMG_2058_zpset4jiwqu.jpg

Even Mini-Ari had a great time with the Dolphin!

IMG_2059_zpslwyknxzv.jpg

She even had some fun with the astronaut! I'm fairly certain I cut a family in line though, and once I realized, I apologized profusely. They were like, "no you're fine, we weren't in line!" and moved on to take a photo in the cardboard cut out thing next to the astronaut, but I still felt bad.

IMG_2060_zps4kxk5crs.jpg

Mini-Ari posed with some free orange juice. I think a woman was laughing at me for running around and frantically taking photos with a stuffed doll. I would have laughed too. I forgive her.

IMG_2062_zpswybl1zir.jpg

My boyfriend who's theme park I need to visit next time I'm in Florida

IMG_2064_zps3nsmlvr0.jpg

Last one!

Then we put our magicbands on, because that's what we do as soon as we get into Florida.

IMG_2065_zpslkhpddbw.jpg

IMG_2066_zpsi1gyeut5.jpg

We drove for an hour or two while I plugged in my three-hour long Disney playlist. When we got our final rest stop before arriving at WDW (!!!!), my dad suggested that I sat in the front seat next to mom so I could guide her to WDW with my phone.

YES!!! FINALLY I GOT SHOTGUN!!!

IMG_2069_zpsvaztpe8i.jpg

Even Mini-Ari was excited about shotgun!

We drove. And drove. And drove. And drove. And drove. Seriously, the last leg of the trip is always the longest. Because it's like, you're IN FLORIDA! But you still have three hours before you hit Orlando.

IMG_2072_zpsjizrqmz8.jpg

At this point, I'd like to give credit to my 5 year old self. Daytona Beach is REALLY far from WDW and I survived it twice in one day without a break down in 2002. Kudos to me.

The first billboard we saw was for Frozen Summer Fun (naturally) and I flipped out.

IMG_2073_zpshusjzay3.jpg

na na na HEY ah na

When we got on I-4 W, it didn't just start raining. It poured. And we hit some traffic.

And then we got into Orlando! And then we hit... you guessed it... more traffic. Just how much traffic you ask? 45 minutes of traffic. In the rain. I had to go to the bathroom and charge my phone and I wasn't able to do either of those things at that moment and life was stressful.

But then I found a car charger! And then we stumbled across this gem, which you may remember from my last TR...

IMG_2074_zpso5beyayg.jpg

THE HOLY LAND EXPERIENCE!

If anyone reading this TR has ever been to the Holy Land Experience... please, speak up. I need to know how it is on the inside. I just... I need to know, okay?

We were supposed to be at WDW at 1:00. 1:00.

It was now 2:30 and still no signage of WDW :( all hope seemed lost.

Until FINALLY, we started seeing signs for the Epcot exits and Downtown Disney exits, and then, at 2:50, we arrived at my favorite gates at the whole wide world!

IMG_2082_zps0x80jfwm.jpg

The best I could do in the rain, unfortunately :(

We were hungry, emotionally drained, and EXHAUSTED. But we finally made it to our laughin' place!

And the story will continue later ;)

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Hi Kaitlyn! I read your PTR so I'll be following along here :wave2:
I must warn you, though, I'm typically more of a lurker than a commenter so this may very well be the last time you see me! :rotfl:But I'll be here, I promise.

I'm here and along for the ride!!! popcorn:: Great start so far!!! But just so you know, I don't post much... :confused3

Welcome aboard! :bounce:

That's okay, I just hope you enjoy reading :goodvibes

Hi Kaitlyn! I read your PTR so I'll be following along here :wave2:
I must warn you, though, I'm typically more of a lurker than a commenter so this may very well be the last time you see me! :rotfl:But I'll be here, I promise.

Oh goodness, welcome aboard! Thanks for reading my PTR! :hyper:

That's okay! All lurkers welcome! Just sit back and enjoy the TR :boat:

Hi! :wave:
I read your PTR but you were already on your trip when I was going to comment! Ooops! :blush:
But I am here and following along and commenting! :rotfl: Sounds like a fun trip!
Also I'm sorry for your loss :hug:

Hi! :wave:
I read your PTR but you were already on your trip when I was going to comment! Ooops! :blush:
But I am here and following along and commenting! :rotfl: Sounds like a fun trip!
Also I'm sorry for your loss :hug:

Hey there! Welcome aboard! :wave:

No worries, my friend! I'm glad you're here! :banana:

Thank you very much for the condolences. :hug:

Highly entertaining report! Can't wait to read more. So sorry about your grandmother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter