Na'vi River Journey Review

jsternad

Mouseketeer
So, I did some research before and the boat ride looked kinda cool, but we waited 2 hours for it. I did NOT think it was worth a 2 hour wait. At all. It was pretty, but I watched the whole thing on Youtube and that was plenty for me, honestly. Anyone else underwhelmed? That led us to not doing to the FoP. I just couldn't see using up a half of a day waiting for one ride just to be disappointed. No one in my family is super wowed by VR rides anyway.

Did I miss something with Na'vi?

Oh, no, it's definitely not worth a 2 hour wait. I, personally, would wait maybe 10 minutes tops. FoP, on the other hand, is spectacular. I'm sorry you missed it.

So, I did some research before and the boat ride looked kinda cool, but we waited 2 hours for it. I did NOT think it was worth a 2 hour wait. At all. It was pretty, but I watched the whole thing on Youtube and that was plenty for me, honestly. Anyone else underwhelmed? That led us to not doing to the FoP. I just couldn't see using up a half of a day waiting for one ride just to be disappointed. No one in my family is super wowed by VR rides anyway.

So you rode Na'vi River Journey, but not Flight of Passage? Just clarifying.

NRJ is a cool ride, but it's one to hit either at open (after FoP) or with a FP. If you didn't ride FoP, then I do think you missed out (personal opinion), as it is the most popular ride for a reason. If you want to ride FoP without "a half day of waiting" you can rope drop it (get to Animal Kingdom an hour early), or you can get in line right before park close.

We just returned from WDW on Tuesday. We visited AK on friday and waits for both Pandora rides were 120 minute waits. I had fast passes for both rides. FOP was amazing. Best ride in WDW if u arent prone to motion sickness. Its Soarin x10. Almost got up early and went to EMH just to ride it again but had a cold and had to rest a day.😒But i was not impressed with Navi. i remember thinking how upsetting it would be to wait two hours for.. i go to WDW for so many different reasons besides the rides but i thinkDisney needs to give the boat rides and animatronics a rest. its awesome to step into a world made like a movie but boat ride and the like can get monotonous. i love under the sea with the Little Meemaid but Navi not so much.

also there were no extra fast-passes available for rides when we were there. if i didn't have it prebooked it wasnt available.which surprised me because i had read differently. I had read that once the 3 prebooked were used u could get more. maybe that only works the first hour after park opening.we were fortunate enough to buy extra fast passes for three days with club level. however i would not do that again. the money is better spent with after hours, parties or taking advantage of emh.

We just returned from WDW on Tuesday. We visited AK on friday and waits for both Pandora rides were 120 minute waits. I had fast passes for both rides. FOP was amazing. Best ride in WDW if u arent prone to motion sickness. Its Soarin x10. Almost got up early and went to EMH just to ride it again but had a cold and had to rest a day.😒But i was not impressed with Navi. i remember thinking how upsetting it would be to wait two hours for.. i go to WDW for so many different reasons besides the rides but i thinkDisney needs to give the boat rides and animatronics a rest. its awesome to step into a world made like a movie but boat ride and the like can get monotonous. i love under the sea with the Little Meemaid but Navi not so much.

also there were no extra fast-passes available for rides when we were there. if i didn't have it prebooked it wasnt available.which surprised me because i had read differently. I had read that once the 3 prebooked were used u could get more. maybe that only works the first hour after park opening.we were fortunate enough to buy extra fast passes for three days with club level. however i would not do that again. the money is better spent with after hours, parties or taking advantage of emh.

I pulled a FP for Navi at 6:30 last night. We’ve been rolling FP all week and it has been slammed busy.

When we were there the wait time during the day was 90 minutes and the Pandora area was crowded, even on a low crowd day. We opted to skip it, tour Pandora and ride FoP which we had a FP for. We wanted to see the area at night so we stopped back at dusk and the wait time had dropped to 15 minutes so we rode then. I've read various posts that the line is shorter at night and I can attest to that for others who are considering waiting.

I pulled a FP for Navi at 6:30 last night. We’ve been rolling FP all week and it has been slammed busy.
it kept telling me that all fastpasses had been distributed for the day - in Epcot - magic kingdom and Hollywood studios. maybe i was doing something wrong. i wasnt overly worried about it because we had bought the extras fast passes. i wad just surprised that they were showing practically no availability on most rides on what seemed to be moderate crowds.

It's a shame that you missed FoP -- it's one of the best rides I've ever been on. NRJ is amongst the worst

I definitely think this ride is awesome and beautiful. For some reason not too many people enjoy it. I’d wait probably up to 20-30 minutes for it. If I was a local with an annual pass then that’d be a different story.

I actually enjoy NRJ and if I had to choose between it and FOP, I'd choose NRJ. I will say now that they have fixed the glasses on FOP so that they will stay on the face of a small person, it is more enjoyable but still, if my son isn't with me I skip it. I've also learned to brace myself back when they pull the back of the chairs up so that I'm not pushed close on FOP and that helps as well. It was real uncomfortable before I started doing that. I think NRJ is a nice relaxing pretty ride. Would I wait 2 hours? No, but I would wait that amount of time for FOP either.

FOP is not VR. It`s a flying theatre ride using 3D goggles. And it is an incredible experience.

Both Pandora rides can be accessed fairly easily near park closing time, when the waits are the lowest all day.

The seats aren`t very comfortable, but it`s preposterous to say that all you`re doing is "watching a movie." FOP is completely immersive; the images and effects are all around you, and the flying sensation is visceral.

oh well - some ppl love it and some ppl just don’t. It is far away and beyond the best ride in the world to me. Then again, DH has vision problems (can only use one eye so while he can see 3D, it probably messes up the ride for him) and he will do it once but is happy to wait outside. I think it also makes him a little queasy. He’s the only person I know in real life who is not a big fan though.

My SIL is not a Disney person, not a ride person, nor is she a fan of heights. After already riding it twice during our trip, near the end she asked me if we could ride it yet again. I told her it would be really tough. And finally, the bests suggestion I could give was for her to ride it at the end of the night.

i warned her it was a risk and while hopefully the wait would be 30 mins, it could also balloon into 2 hrs like the sign said. She told me the ride was worth even a 2hr wait lol! (It ended up being 45 mins due to technical difficulties and she said it was worth every minute)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter