Na'vi River Journey Review

I love Na'vi River. It's relaxing eye candy to me. That being said, I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for it.

I also love FOP, but if you're not into VR rides, you might not. I know people who don't even like it. If I'm not in the middle I do tend to have a weird double vision effect that makes me more motion sick.

I think when people talk about snagging FPs, they should tell us the size of their party. Quite often, it's a solo or a pair, which makes sense. For people in groups, aka, family units, it's nearly impossible to get good same day FPs, if any at all.

My 2 cents on this. NRJ is not worth more than a 10-15 minutes in queue. It's just not good. FOP is worth a FP if you can snag one, or if you can manage to get in a short line. I just can't justify an hour or more in line for this one. Many people love it. I like it, but I don't think it's the bees-knees. Disney really, truly, very much needs to improve their "fast pass' system. I would lean toward a system where you scan into queue while in the park, and eliminate the current reservation BS. That's another thread.

I don't hate it, but I do think it could use a little something more - like a few more animatronics in the mix. It is a shame it's so short too, and certainly not worth an excessive wait. I do sometimes select a FP for it if I can't get FOP as there isn't much else to use them on at AK really since I can use Single Rider for Expedition Everest

I think when people talk about snagging FPs, they should tell us the size of their party. Quite often, it's a solo or a pair, which makes sense. For people in groups, aka, family units, it's nearly impossible to get good same day FPs, if any at all.

My 2 cents on this. NRJ is not worth more than a 10-15 minutes in queue. It's just not good. FOP is worth a FP if you can snag one, or if you can manage to get in a short line. I just can't justify an hour or more in line for this one. Many people love it. I like it, but I don't think it's the bees-knees. Disney really, truly, very much needs to improve their "fast pass' system. I would lean toward a system where you scan into queue while in the park, and eliminate the current reservation BS. That's another thread.

It's interesting. I am used to going to my local parks where waits of 1-3 hrs for a 2 min coaster is normal. Even with my best touring plan strategies, we would occasionally have to wait 30mins to 1+ hr.

So to me, Na'vi is worth a longer wait. Then again, I won't wait a long time for rides at Disney either lol. I am soiled.

It's interesting. I am used to going to my local parks where waits of 1-3 hrs for a 2 min coaster is normal. Even with my best touring plan strategies, we would occasionally have to wait 30mins to 1+ hr.

So to me, Na'vi is worth a longer wait. Then again, I won't wait a long time for rides at Disney either lol. I am soiled.

what are your local parks? We do Six Flags in ATL and Carowinds in Charlotte, and I follow the same rules. We find other things to do if waits are long, but I do admit that’s passholder strategy, if it was my only day, and it was the ride I wanted...I might wait an hour. :-)

We are close to Cedar Point. And their best rides are really, really good - and have correspondingly super long lines.

what are your local parks? We do Six Flags in ATL and Carowinds in Charlotte, and I follow the same rules. We find other things to do if waits are long, but I do admit that’s passholder strategy, if it was my only day, and it was the ride I wanted...I might wait an hour. :-)

WHOA! TMI 😳

We just returned from WDW on Tuesday. We visited AK on friday and waits for both Pandora rides were 120 minute waits. I had fast passes for both rides. FOP was amazing. Best ride in WDW if u arent prone to motion sickness. Its Soarin x10. Almost got up early and went to EMH just to ride it again but had a cold and had to rest a day.😒But i was not impressed with Navi. i remember thinking how upsetting it would be to wait two hours for.. i go to WDW for so many different reasons besides the rides but i thinkDisney needs to give the boat rides and animatronics a rest. its awesome to step into a world made like a movie but boat ride and the like can get monotonous. i love under the sea with the Little Meemaid but Navi not so much.
I feel precisely the opposite way--I wish Disney would get back to its roots by giving us more dark rides with amazing animatronics and stop relying so heavily on 3D screens. Reliance on screen-based rides is a big part of the reason Universal is only a one day stop for me vs happily spending an entire week at WDW. I enjoy the screen rides just fine, but I don't get as excited about re-riding as I do for other attractions. FoP was fun and I look forward to doing it again, but I booked NRJ as my FP instead of FoP for my daytime AK visit and have no regrets--give me a real, physical space with full surround effects over a movie screen any day. I love the boat rides because, as others in this thread have said, it's all eye candy. My only complaint with NRJ is that it's too short and the Shaman is a bit lonely as the only big animatronic--but what an animatronic! I'm not even kidding when I say I wish the boats were prone to backing up on that ride so I could sit and watch her longer.

I feel precisely the opposite way--I wish Disney would get back to its roots by giving us more dark rides with amazing animatronics and stop relying so heavily on 3D screens. Reliance on screen-based rides is a big part of the reason Universal is only a one day stop for me vs happily spending an entire week at WDW. I enjoy the screen rides just fine, but I don't get as excited about re-riding as I do for other attractions. FoP was fun and I look forward to doing it again, but I booked NRJ as my FP instead of FoP for my daytime AK visit and have no regrets--give me a real, physical space with full surround effects over a movie screen any day. I love the boat rides because, as others in this thread have said, it's all eye candy. My only complaint with NRJ is that it's too short and the Shaman is a bit lonely as the only big animatronic--but what an animatronic! I'm not even kidding when I say I wish the boats were prone to backing up on that ride so I could sit and watch her longer.

Well, good news for you, Rise of the Resistance purportedly has over 60 animatronic figures! That's where they're all hanging out. It should be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter