Navigator app for kids?

jrask

Earning My Ears
I want my son to be able to message me onboard the ship via the Navigator app. Does he need to have his own Disney account to do that? I know that the app's appearance and functionality changes completely when connected to the ship's wifi. Perhaps being on ship wifi allows him to skip the Disney login and instead he does something like (1) enter our stateroom number or reservation number and (2) select his name, which then allows him to use the app??? I just don't want to take the chance that I needed to do something in advance to set him up. We may end up using Wave phones anyway if the Navigator App isn't good about sending push notifications for messages. But Wave phones are clunky and I'd at least rather have the option.

You are correct that the app operates completely differently onboard the ship. To get access once onboard, your son will simply need to enter your room number and his birth date. You don’t need to do anything in advance.

You just need to download the Disney app on his phone before you leave home. Then when your at the port you go to the app. You won’t have wifi on the boat unless you pay for it .

I think my phone stays on airplane mode while away so nothing comes though .

I am hoping to set our almost-9-year-old son up on my old iphone (I think it's a 6?) since he doesn't have his own phone. Does anyone know off hand what the minimum version of iOS is that's needed to run the app? I think I have to update it using my computer, unfortunately, as it doesn't seem to have the app store installed on it.

If I can't make the old iphone work, what are other solutions people have used for this? I would prefer he not carry the huge wave phone around - it won't fit in his pockets, and he's sure to drop it. Plus, I don't want to carry the other one!

I am hoping to set our almost-9-year-old son up on my old iphone (I think it's a 6?) since he doesn't have his own phone. Does anyone know off hand what the minimum version of iOS is that's needed to run the app? I think I have to update it using my computer, unfortunately, as it doesn't seem to have the app store installed on it.

If I can't make the old iphone work, what are other solutions people have used for this? I would prefer he not carry the huge wave phone around - it won't fit in his pockets, and he's sure to drop it. Plus, I don't want to carry the other one!

This made me chuckle because my "old" iPhone 6 is my current phone. It worked fine for me on my November cruise.

This made me chuckle because my "old" iPhone 6 is my current phone. It worked fine for me on my November cruise.
Great. It might be older than a 6, I can't figure out how to tell. But it has a lightning port, so it has to be at least a 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!