NBA at Walt Disney World

Its probably more of a coincidence, but you’re not seeing much of a covid presence in the teams that have an open window to win right now. The Yankees had 3 cases, but those were from before they opened Summer Camp. The Dodgers I dont believe have had any active cases. Twins, Astros, Braves as well. I know the Yankees are taking it very seriously and none of their main roster players seem like they’re going to opt out.

I think the fact that the NBA had issues when players left the bubble leads to the obvious that without some sort of bubble, you are going to run into major issues.

Racing, like golf, can afford to lose any one competitor...or even a few...but leagues like baseball and football and basketball, can't just have teams fall out.

Racing also has the advantage, like golf, of almost never interacting with any competitor or teammate (other than those who would be "out" with you if you got sick, like your mechanics or caddy)...

Tennis also can probably get away with no bubbles...

Individual sports can avoid bubbles...but team ones need a bubble or the whole house of cards falls...
Racing isn’t quite as simple as you state. If a racer gets it, like Jimmie Johnson had, the team still races, they bring in a substitute racer, because the owner and the advertisers can’t miss a race on their investment. So the team is also at risk if a driver gets the virus as they would be in close contact with the driver and would still need to work with the substitute driver. But it is true, individual sports like that are a bit simpler to non-bubble.

I think the fact that the NBA had issues when players left the bubble leads to the obvious that without some sort of bubble, you are going to run into major issues.

Did Lou Williams test positive? I don’t remember hearing if he contracted the virus because of his trip to get “wings”. Unless you’re just saying that him going to get “wings” is an issue in itself, and I would agree

Did Lou Williams test positive? I don’t remember hearing if he contracted the virus because of his trip to get “wings”. Unless you’re just saying that him going to get “wings” is an issue in itself, and I would agree

Im saying that when your entire league is not in a bubble , the likelihood of them putting themselves in danger of getting infected is 100000 x higher, seeing how even in a bubble people are willing to risk it.

Lebron singing the Canadian national anthem, word for word.. 😳

Raptors are home team tonight! Let’s Go #Raps

Not a hard anthem to learn, I'd say most hockey fans know it. Or anyone that plays a sport that plays Canadian teams often. Kinda like it a bit better than ours but that may also be because I hear ours get butchered way more than Canada's.

It’s been fun watching the Goodyear Blimp circle is from our balcony, but does anyone know how to find which network they are broadcasting for? I found a shot once the other night on TNT but nothing tonight. Flew right over us once and it was surreal.

It’s been fun watching the Goodyear Blimp circle is from our balcony, but does anyone know how to find which network they are broadcasting for? I found a shot once the other night on TNT but nothing tonight. Flew right over us once and it was surreal.
They were showing the Fun Spot from the blimp on ESPN last night.

I almost never watch the NBA, but enjoyed watching half a game last night. I think they did a really good job hiding the lack of fans, much better than baseball.

I almost never watch the NBA, but enjoyed watching half a game last night. I think they did a really good job hiding the lack of fans, much better than baseball.

Yeah, Ive just never been a pro sports fan that much but I’ve been watching tonight and it’s been enjoyable. I saw Fun Spot/Old Town Thursday night on TNT. They have been flying the same circle over and over but it broke away and headed right over us a few seconds before commercial break and I told my wife they were about to cut to it and they did.

I think with baseball it depends on the team. Mariners had their home opener last night and they brought the same pregame stuff for it that they do every season. They've also sold over 8k in the fan cutouts so there's no camera angle that doesn't have them. They'd also added another row behind home plate since last nights game. It's def made a dif vs the games they had in Houston and anaheim that had empty seats in a lot of shots.

Haven't watched a hockey game yet to see how it is, but it's good that the nba did something. Easier for them to do it as I imagine some of the baseball teams may not want to invest time and money. Mariners may not put a good team out but they've always put a good game on in person and on tv.

I think with baseball it depends on the team. Mariners had their home opener last night and they brought the same pregame stuff for it that they do every season. They've also sold over 8k in the fan cutouts so there's no camera angle that doesn't have them. They'd also added another row behind home plate since last nights game. It's def made a dif vs the games they had in Houston and anaheim that had empty seats in a lot of shots.

Haven't watched a hockey game yet to see how it is, but it's good that the nba did something. Easier for them to do it as I imagine some of the baseball teams may not want to invest time and money. Mariners may not put a good team out but they've always put a good game on in person and on tv.
Yeah, it was Houston and Anaheim I watched. No idea why Houston only put the cutouts in center field, at least put some behind the plate. I think this also shows the issue with using the actual stadiums instead of the spring training fields, it's a lot harder to hide 40,000 empty seats than 1,000.

Anaheim just put huge banners on all the seats, not sure that is much better.

And there went the Cardinals, the way of the Marlins, as expected...bubble anytime baseball...it's not like you haven't seen it work already...

Marly RiveraESPN Writer
MLB announced the four-game series between Tigers and Cardinals at Comerica Park has been postponed. The Cardinals have had 13 members of the organization test positive for COVID-19 this last week, including 7 players.

And there went the Cardinals, the way of the Marlins, as expected...bubble anytime baseball...it's not like you haven't seen it work already...

Marly RiveraESPN Writer
MLB announced the four-game series between Tigers and Cardinals at Comerica Park has been postponed. The Cardinals have had 13 members of the organization test positive for COVID-19 this last week, including 7 players.

As other teams have shown, it's possible for teams to bubble themselves. Both teams had people that left their bubble, which they aren't supposed to. There's no easy way to bubble baseball or football. MLB looked into using spring training facilities, which as they are all in FL and AZ, it's probably better that didn't work out.

Also, two teams with bad apples doesn't mean it needs to change or that the others can't continue. The Phillies have been cleared or were expecting to be, which means nothing on the field transmitted anything. That's good.

This afternoon’s game between the Raptors and Heat was awesome! It was a hard fought win for Toronto and a great back and forth in the fourth.. nothing like a close game to keep you glued! lol

Love it!

Marly RiveraESPN Writer
And people actually think the NFL stands a chance as it stands. The season will never happen with things set up the way they currently are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!