NBA at Walt Disney World

Not just NFL but college football. No way you can bubble college students at all.
Exactly. That is why the NFL and colleges should be doing everything in their power to make a season happen. If college football doesn't happen it will be the end for most other college sports. No money. No scholarships.

Exactly. That is why the NFL and colleges should be doing everything in their power to make a season happen. If college football doesn't happen it will be the end for most other college sports. No money. No scholarships.
I don’t think it will be the end of most other college sports but it certainly will hurt them.

Racing, both nascar and indycar have been doing just fine.

I'm not sure I would define IndyCar as doing fine. Their bubble is within their own teams and not as a collective series. The schedule for IndyCar has been shredded over the past several days and in fact this year's Indy 500 will now be without fans (got our ticket credit already).

I'm not sure I would define IndyCar as doing fine. Their bubble is within their own teams and not as a collective series. The schedule for IndyCar has been shredded over the past several days and in fact this year's Indy 500 will now be without fans (got our ticket credit already).

I wasn't talking about economically, it was in regards to their bubbles working, as that was what the entire post was about.

I also realize their bubbles are their teams, that was part of the point as we were discussing baseball and the NFL vs those in an actual bubble.

There not being fans at Indy also has no affect on the bubble of the series but on outside sources.

I wasn't talking about economically, it was in regards to their bubbles working, as that was what the entire post was about.

I also realize their bubbles are their teams, that was part of the point as we were discussing baseball and the NFL vs those in an actual bubble.

There not being fans at Indy also has no affect on the bubble of the series but on outside sources.

Well, the bubble(s) may not be working at 100% in racing. Sergio Perez tested positive last week and had to have a substitute driver at the last minute. It disrupts the team continuity and car set-up when a late substitution is brought in. That can effect the championship and points with $M at stake, not to mention sponsorships.

Well, the bubble(s) may not be working at 100% in racing. Sergio Perez tested positive last week and had to have a substitute driver at the last minute. It disrupts the team continuity and car set-up when a late substitution is brought in. That can effect the championship and points with $M at stake, not to mention sponsorships.

I wasn't talking about F1 which isn't even running in the US, I was talking about Nascar and Indycar along with MLB and the NFL, all which are played here in the US. Whatever F1 does in Europe isn't of any concern over here as it's two completely different beasts.

I wasn't talking about F1 which isn't even running in the US, I was talking about Nascar and Indycar along with MLB and the NFL, all which are played here in the US. Whatever F1 does in Europe isn't of any concern over here as it's two completely different beasts.

It's a racing series comparison and the potential effects if a driver is taken out of the loop due to a bubble violation. It can cost a team major monies in finishing positions and sponsorship walking. The effects can apply globally including here in the U.S.

TMZ just reporting that U CONN has cancelled its football program due to Covid19.

Love them or hate them - TMZ has a crazy accuracy rate on their “scoops”...

It is true BUT this isn't really a domino. UConn was independent. With many conferences going conference only games it looks like they were having a hard time filling out a schedule with decent teams. They would likely have had to go on the road every week to be able to put something together. Their independent status was really what caused this. BYU is likely in simialar trouble as is Army but Army is going to try to keep at least some of the service academy vs service academy games going.

Do you know if they are opening up for very few -lucky- public or resort guests?
Thanks

I think with baseball it depends on the team. Mariners had their home opener last night and they brought the same pregame stuff for it that they do every season. They've also sold over 8k in the fan cutouts so there's no camera angle that doesn't have them. They'd also added another row behind home plate since last nights game. It's def made a dif vs the games they had in Houston and anaheim that had empty seats in a lot of shots.

Haven't watched a hockey game yet to see how it is, but it's good that the nba did something. Easier for them to do it as I imagine some of the baseball teams may not want to invest time and money. Mariners may not put a good team out but they've always put a good game on in person and on tv.

NHL has covered the seats and added screens, increased the number of cameras. They are also using music from the home team's arena.
https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/nhl-previews-its-broadcast-setup-for-return-to-play

NHL has covered the seats and added screens, increased the number of cameras. They are also using music from the home team's arena.
https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/nhl-previews-its-broadcast-setup-for-return-to-play

Yeah I've beem watching, well background noise while I read since my teams not in it. I do like the music and the covered seats aren't that noticeble most of the time. The video boards are cool. It all makes sense given the shared bubble. Still prefer the cutouts in the seats though, makes it seem a little more real. Mariners have over 11k now so a lot of the first level is filled in. It's fun to see.

I'm not following the NBA right now, but I was just curious, does anyone here know when the teams will start to leave the various resorts and which resorts will start emptying first?

I'm not following the NBA right now, but I was just curious, does anyone here know when the teams will start to leave the various resorts and which resorts will start emptying first?

After Aug 14, they'll have the 16 teams set for the playoffs, so that should send 6 teams home. I forget which resort was most "not desired", but it should clear 1 of the 3 resorts. You probably would clear the 2nd one after the 1st round (or NLT then 2nd round) of the playoff completion, so early-to-mid September...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter