NBA at Walt Disney World

Why? Were they planning to play downtown or in the Gold Coast?

We've had these issues for a long time, never stopped sports before. Perhaps having something happen in the city that could create jobs could stop some of the unrest, but I digress.

Wrigley would be stunning for the games.

Yes, 4 teams playing at Wrigley would be awesome, when you need to end rounds by a certain date, you cant take risks with the weather, especially in October. Retractable stadiums are the only way to go, and maybe SoCal (Dodgers/Angels). I cant imagine a bubble playoff not taking place for the MLB, especially since its almost a foregone conclusion there will be no fans at any games this season

I was just looking at the NBA standings and it indicated a couple of teams that have been eliminated...and I know four of them were at the YC. When will they leave? Like today, or do they get to stay until August 23rd? Just wondering.......

I was just looking at the NBA standings and it indicated a couple of teams that have been eliminated...and I know four of them were at the YC. When will they leave? Like today, or do they get to stay until August 23rd? Just wondering.......

I think the 12th they would leave. Remember, if they have games remaining against teams that are still playing for seeding, they’ll need to play those games through. I havent checked if any of those scenarios still exist.

Why? Were they planning to play downtown or in the Gold Coast?

We've had these issues for a long time, never stopped sports before. Perhaps having something happen in the city that could create jobs could stop some of the unrest, but I digress.

Wrigley would be stunning for the games.

From the article...takes "sources" as seriously or not as you want:)...

"Southern California, the greater Chicago area and the New York metropolitan area would make the most sense because of the available stadiums, sources said. Concerns about weather in late September and deep into October make the Los Angeles area the most logical choice to host an entire postseason, though the sources cautioned that because of the nascent nature of discussions, no favorite has emerged."

From the article...takes "sources" as seriously or not as you want:)...

"Southern California, the greater Chicago area and the New York metropolitan area would make the most sense because of the available stadiums, sources said. Concerns about weather in late September and deep into October make the Los Angeles area the most logical choice to host an entire postseason, though the sources cautioned that because of the nascent nature of discussions, no favorite has emerged."

Oh I believe you! I just meant the concern about "unrest" was rather silly since the looting happens mostly downtown and that's not where the games would be played. :)

SEC still claiming they will play in the fall.

I think it's a certainty SEC plays - too much money.
Now that Notre Dame was added to ACC and offered to share all of its tv revenue - ACC will play - too much money.

Big 10 and Pac 12 will not play.

So, now it's the Big 12...they are gonna be the question mark.

If ACC and SEC plays, I think we'll even get the final 4 tourney (but most of the other bowls canceled). Top team from each conference, top independent, and best 4th team makes it (if no Big 12)...

When there's this much money, people figure stuff out - see the NBA playoffs.

No way anyone kicks to spring b/c potential NFL draftees won't play, and no one would want 2 seasons only 3 months apart - that may work for soccer, but it doesn't work for a contact sport like football...

I think the 12th they would leave. Remember, if they have games remaining against teams that are still playing for seeding, they’ll need to play those games through. I havent checked if any of those scenarios still exist.

There are 3 teams left staying at Yacht that *could* make one of the play-in games and stay (Blazers, Spurs, Suns). They are all fighting for the 8th spot in the Western Conference with the Grizzlies. But I think (and I could be totally wrong) that if the Grizzlies win at 5 pm today and the Blazers lose at 6:30 and the Suns lose at 4:30 today, then the Grizzlies clinch and everyone is out of YC.

There are 3 teams left staying at Yacht that *could* make one of the play-in games and stay (Blazers, Spurs, Suns). They are all fighting for the 8th spot in the Western Conference with the Grizzlies. But I think (and I could be totally wrong) that if the Grizzlies win at 5 pm today and the Blazers lose at 6:30 and the Suns lose at 4:30 today, then the Grizzlies clinch and everyone is out of YC.

No, there will be a play in round between the 8th and 9th seeds scheduled for Sat 8/15 and if needed 8/16. Portland has clinched the 8th seed. Memphis, SA and Phoenix are all 1/2 game behind as of today, so one of those teams will be around for the weekend. If Portland wins Sat it's over. if the 9th seed wins, then they go to another game on Sun. 8th place only needs 1 win, but the 9th needs 2.

regards

So sounds like they would break up the season, so not to keep players in bubble for too long?

Just let me keep my Gran Destino stay and I dont care what else.they do!

And it sounds like an early 2021 start so players can celebrate the holidays with family before entering the bubble...and then I'm assuming a shorter season and one broken with a "break" like an All star break, but probably a month long (so they can see family for 2 weeks and requarantine)

Gonna suck to not have the Xmas bball games, though...maybe NHL picks up the slack with the outdoor hockey games then?

Here is a thread about the guest policies for the bubble.

I’m extremely surprised this hasn’t been rethought between the sides. Seems like a recipe for disaster to have family now join the bubble. They’re going to want to go to the parks, which will break the bubble. NHL teams could be in their bubble just as long as NBA and they’re not allowing families. Plus, I just saw an article on ESPN that GMs are worried about the “casual acquaintance” clause in the agreement and how it could lead to intrateam arguments and inter team arguments as well. Just seems like so much can go wrong once guests are allowed in.

No, there will be a play in round between the 8th and 9th seeds scheduled for Sat 8/15 and if needed 8/16. Portland has clinched the 8th seed. Memphis, SA and Phoenix are all 1/2 game behind as of today, so one of those teams will be around for the weekend. If Portland wins Sat it's over. if the 9th seed wins, then they go to another game on Sun. 8th place only needs 1 win, but the 9th needs 2.

regards

I see. I was confused because the NBA standings site indicated that Portland hadn't clinched and still hasn't. https://www.google.com/search?q=nba...F-8#sie=lg;/g/11h0yj414v;3;/m/05jvx;st;fp;1;; Vyt Either way- just hoping the Yacht Club clears out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!