NBA Experience

I am a giant NBA fan, and even I'm not excited by this. :-( Based on the footage I've seen, it looks super disappointing. I'll likely still check it on on my next trip, but predict it will be a one and done for me.

I, too, am an NBA fan who isn't all that excited for this attraction, but with that being said, I actually think this has a decent chance of doing fairly well.

I get the feeling the audience that will connect with this is the international traveler. The NBA is HUGE in much of Europe and in South American countries like Brazil and Argentina, and for tourists from those countries, they don't have much of an opportunity to have an NBA experience (no pun intended) on a day-to-day basis. This will give those fans a chance to have that on their vacation. A generic Chicago Bulls fan who lives in the Chicago suburbs, goes to a Bulls game or two every season, and watches most of the rest of them on TV probably won't have the same level of curiosity.

Of course, poor management of the space can undo any of that momentum, and that's my big fear with this. If half of the experiences don't work correctly, if certain experiences are closed down at various times because they don't want to pay for the manpower to staff them, and the paint is chipping all over the place two years from now, it won't really matter how much interest there is initially. It may not be for me, but I want to see stuff at Disney Springs thrive, so I hope it doesn't play out that way.

Yeesh...just watched video of opening day. I can't imagine a less appealing (to me) entertainment venue. I guess there are people who would be into this. But wow...not for me.

We'll go. My DS11 is a huge basketball fan and plays AAU three seasons a year. Honestly, though, as excited as I was about it, the photos and videos that came out from the opening do not look terribly exciting to me. We were just at the Naismith Hall of Fame a few months ago and it seems like they simply replicated some of the activities they have there. I wonder if this would have been more interesting if they had incorporated more sports - football, baseball, soccer? May have been difficult forging partnerships that way, but may have been more interesting to a larger demographic? We'll visit in about two weeks so I'll try to hold judgement until I actually experience it.

We'll go. My DS11 is a huge basketball fan and plays AAU three seasons a year. Honestly, though, as excited as I was about it, the photos and videos that came out from the opening do not look terribly exciting to me. We were just at the Naismith Hall of Fame a few months ago and it seems like they simply replicated some of the activities they have there. I wonder if this would have been more interesting if they had incorporated more sports - football, baseball, soccer? May have been difficult forging partnerships that way, but may have been more interesting to a larger demographic? We'll visit in about two weeks so I'll try to hold judgement until I actually experience it.
Both my boys play basketball-travel, AAU, for high school, so this does interest us. They enjoy the Naismith HOF but I was hoping this was more........

Honestly it’s a huge eyesore in my opinion. I saw TheTimTracker’s YouTube video on it earlier and it seems super boring and a huge waste of space and Disney nostalgia. Even Tim said it isn’t for everyone it’s more for the huge NBA fanatic than someone who really isn’t into it as much. I miss Disney Quest (R.I.P)

Wondering if anyone has experienced the NBA Experience on here yet. I’ve see blog reports, but would love a DISer report!

I am not really sure what is really needed to be reported from a DISer? The videos very clearly show the limited activities that are in the building. Its not like a restaurant or ride where you can't clearly tell from the video what it is.

I am not really sure what is really needed to be reported from a DISer? The videos very clearly show the limited activities that are in the building. Its not like a restaurant or ride where you can't clearly tell from the video what it is.
I’m looking for a personal experience, not a video. That was a helpful response, though.

I miss Disneyquest too :( the after 10pm pass back in the day was AMAZING :)

Though I hadn't been there since I moved out of Orlando......so maybe that's why they are switching it up for new experiences for the frequent guest? (I am too attached to my park time to give up much of it to go to DS haha)

Disney Quest needed a major upgrade though. So it was either spend to replace it or spend to update. With some money coming from the NBA I’m sure that was an easy choice.

I get why they did it, but arcades are still very popular and Disney just wasn't willing to invest in continuous upgrades to the technology in DQ, which is really a shame.

I give this NBA experience 2 years, tops.

I get why they did it, but arcades are still very popular and Disney just wasn't willing to invest in continuous upgrades to the technology in DQ, which is really a shame.

I give this NBA experience 2 years, tops.
And see I’d rather do this than Disney quest. I am not an arcade kind of guy. I’ll play a game of air hockey or Pac-Man but I wouldn’t pay to go to an arcade like Disney quest even if it has more than that. I think something like the void but maybe on a larger scale would’ve been good.

Considering this is a partnership with the NBA I don’t see it being a short term thing even if it doesn’t do well. They’ll work to add more or discount it before doing away with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter