NBA Experience

And see I’d rather do this than Disney quest. I am not an arcade kind of guy. I’ll play a game of air hockey or Pac-Man but I wouldn’t pay to go to an arcade like Disney quest even if it has more than that. I think something like the void but maybe on a larger scale would’ve been good.

Considering this is a partnership with the NBA I don’t see it being a short term thing even if it doesn’t do well. They’ll work to add more or discount it before doing away with it.

Yeah, a multi level, multi experience Void type thing would have been cool.

I think the worst part of this NBA thing is the steep admission price for what amounts to just shooting baskets, which is something real basketball fans can do for free anywhere there is a hoop.

Places like Dave & Busters are killing it these days. Even an NBA experience that was part D&B, part restaurant, etc, would have been more interesting.

The grand opening was funny to me. And introducing NBA stars... (i'm making up these names, because I can't recall them, they were so forgettable) Thenoris Jenkins (who?), Donte Smith (who?), Latisha Hightower (who?).... they couldn't have picked more irrelevant starts for the opening.

Places like Dave & Busters are killing it these days. Even an NBA experience that was part D&B, part restaurant, etc, would have been more interesting.

The grand opening was funny to me. And introducing NBA stars... (i'm making up these names, because I can't recall them, they were so forgettable) Thenoris Jenkins (who?), Donte Smith (who?), Latisha Hightower (who?).... they couldn't have picked more irrelevant starts for the opening.

Interesting you found the opening ceremony "funny". I find it a shame you would speak of pretty significant (to some) NBA players in such a manner who have inspired so many. My son would have loved to have been a part of the opening ceremony and to have seen Dwyane Wade (who used to play for our team in Cleveland, the Cavaliers, and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity), Brook Lopez, Mike Conley, and especially Victor Oladipo to name a few "insignificant" players". Just because they don't mean anything to you, doesn't mean they don't have significance to others and haven't made a huge impact on people's lives.

Interesting you found the opening ceremony "funny". I find it a shame you would speak of pretty significant (to some) NBA players in such a manner who have inspired so many. My son would have loved to have been a part of the opening ceremony and to have seen Dwyane Wade (who used to play for our team in Cleveland, the Cavaliers, and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity), Brook Lopez, Mike Conley, and especially Victor Oladipo to name a few "insignificant" players". Just because they don't mean anything to you, doesn't mean they don't have significance to others and haven't made a huge impact on people's lives.

Hope you get to go and enjoy this venue while it is open. I can’t see this one enduring, but I could be wrong.
Curious why the NBA couldn’t get one current star to show up? The Head of Disney was there. The NBA commissioner was there. And yet, no current household names?

Are you a NBA fan though? Kareem and Wade were there. I am pretty sure all NBA fans know who those two are.

Hope you get to go and enjoy this venue while it is open. I can’t see this one enduring, but I could be wrong.
Curious why the NBA couldn’t get one current star to show up? The Head of Disney was there. The NBA commissioner was there. And yet, no current household names?
D-Wade is a household name. Especially in our house. His photos are hanging in my son's bedroom. If it was just him and Adam Silver who showed up, that would have been enough for my DH and DS.

Opening ceremony thoughts aside, I DO hope the experience is a success for Disney. We'll be visiting it during out trip in January.

In our household, every single player who was there for the opening is a "household" name. I think my son literally gasped when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dwyane Wade, Mike Conley and Victor Oladipo walked out on stage. I knew Brook Lopez would be there - he is a HUGE Disney fan (that + basketball makes him AWESOME!). I'm not sure who you mean by current NBA "star"? If this had been the "NFL Experience", I wouldn't have known anyone they introduced, but I certainly wouldn't be denigrating those that had been there or those who actually follow the NBA, enjoyed the opening and knew who the players were. Not all Disney experiences are for every guest. I don't play golf, but the golf courses endure because those that enjoy them go and play. I think it will be the same for this experience. We certainly enjoyed it. I even beat my DS11 at the trivia game, so bonus for me!

Are you a NBA fan though? Kareem and Wade were there. I am pretty sure all NBA fans know who those two are.
Current? I know who those guys are, I bet most kids don't know who Kareem is, sadly. Duane Wade was great a decade ago.

I would like to say my boys 13 and 17, who have played intramural, AAU, and high school basketball since they were in 1st grade, know both Kareem and Duane Wade as well as tons of other former NBA players. I will also add that they detest baseball and I detest pretty much every sport EXCEPT basketball. @DisneyWishes14 your post pretty much says it all!

I assume there is a store connected to this building with NBA merch. Is a ticket required to shop, or does it have an external entrance?

We are taking a quick trip next week. DS9 really wants to do this, but unless it's raining, I don't want to be stuck inside "hooting hoops." Unless my guys send me shopping at DS and they check it out, I'm hoping I can convince my son to skip this.

D-Wade is a household name. Especially in our house. His photos are hanging in my son's bedroom. If it was just him and Adam Silver who showed up, that would have been enough for my DH and DS.

Opening ceremony thoughts aside, I DO hope the experience is a success for Disney. We'll be visiting it during out trip in January.
Since this old post was resurrected, I am curious as to how your visit went in January? My boys (the big one and the two little ones) are HUGE basketball fans. My daughter too, but not nearly as much as those three. We've been to the Naismith HOF, which we really enjoyed, and I could see that there were some similar experiences but these look more "plussed". We will be going in April.

I assume there is a store connected to this building with NBA merch. Is a ticket required to shop, or does it have an external entrance?

We are taking a quick trip next week. DS9 really wants to do this, but unless it's raining, I don't want to be stuck inside "hooting hoops." Unless my guys send me shopping at DS and they check it out, I'm hoping I can convince my son to skip this.
Store is there and no ticket is needed to shop and it does have an external entrance.

As disappointing as the Edison opening. Whether or not it has staying power remains to be seen. But for us, it rivals Edison as all hype no delivery

Been to the Edison when it opened for lunch and found the food eh. But went again for the "show" at night and found it to be even less entertaining and they do not adhere to removing people under 21 after a certain time so you have burlesque type shows going on with kids in the place. At least at Sams they say after 8PM noone under 21 and they mean it. And the bartender antics there, Bob at Port Orleans, the dueling pianos at Boardwalk and heck even the atmosphere at Homecomin and Raglan are better than Edison. Id even say Jock Lindsays is better and thats not saying a lot. They shouldve seriously considered bringing back a version of the adventurers club. It wouldve fit better with the crowd makeup. Dont get me wrong, they have made some great decisions at Springs, Wine Bar George, Polite Pig, etc. Edison was not one of them and it was the one I was most excited about.

We also like the NBA but have no inclination to go here. To think they got rid of something so unique as DisneyQuest for such an unoriginal thing

We’re planning on going in Sept only because it’s part of the 4 day magic tickets with water park visit we bought today on UT. We used to use 1 of our plus options on DisneyQuest every trip. It sounds like from the comments that NBA Experience is in that location at DS... I didn’t even know that - thinking it was either there at DS or ESPN. What is it? I’m assuming you can shoot baskets, but what else do you do. Is it a museum of sorts for NBA greats or mainly a bunch of games?

We only recently decided to pick this trip in Sept, in order to do a mnsshp. We may try the new cirque production too while at DS.

We’re planning on going in Sept only because it’s part of the 4 day magic tickets with water park visit we bought today on UT. We used to use 1 of our plus options on DisneyQuest every trip. It sounds like from the comments that NBA Experience is in that location at DS... I didn’t even know that - thinking it was either there at DS or ESPN. What is it? I’m assuming you can shoot baskets, but what else do you do. Is it a museum of sorts for NBA greats or mainly a bunch of games?

We only recently decided to pick this trip in Sept, in order to do a mnsshp. We may try the new cirque production too while at DS.
I would recommend you watch a YouTube video of it. Basically it has about 6 activities all centered around basketball. My daughter and i went through everything iiib 45 min, but she only did each activity once

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts