NEBO

smidgy

dimples
I just wanted to let anyone know who remembers Nebo and his hilarious trip reports that he went home to Heaven sept. 27, 2022. this is his wife Smidgy. he'd been disabled for quite a while and was sadly almost totally blind before his death. It was a tough year for him and he was sickly and so thin. I was so happy to be able to bring him to his beloved Disneyworld a few times since it reopened in 2020: the last trip being this last May. Port Orleans French Quarter reopened and was finally included in room discounts. early May I was diagnosed with breast cancer and we debated delaying the trip till september but my doctor ordered an MRI ( and nebo called an airplane the aluminum tube of death! sheesh )and told us to go and we'll start surgery treatment etc on return. I am SO glad we did now; he loved it! not much park time as it was depressing to him not to see anything but he loved his pool time and just to be there. he always thought there could be no place better than Disneyworld but right now he's up there with Jesus (he can see His face! and no extreme back pain ) and saying, " my beloved Smidgy, this is SO much better than Disney!" I'll miss him so much: I know Ill see him again .

I am so very sorry for your loss, and sending well wishes your way in regard to your diagnosis. I can't imagine a better way to spend some of my final days than at WDW, so glad you were able to do that together! May God give you peace and comfort in the coming weeks, days, and years.

Virtual hugs!

What a sweet remembrance of your husband. He is pain free and full of sight, now, and you will see him again. I hope you do well with your treatments. My condolences for your loss. Thankful you got to experience Disney one last time together and you can add those memories to your treasures.

I just thought of him yesterday as I saw man lounging at the CB pool and I thought he looked similar and wondered how he was doing and I thought gosh I miss his trip reports! My sympathies to you and I wish you well

I hope I enjoyed NEBO ‘s trip reports but truly want to find the most current one to check my memory .
Sorry for your loss
I hope you are able to train your brain to remember the fun you shared everytime your heart remembers and wants to be sad.
I do believe Walt Disney has created a Disney Heaven for us all and I am taking my AP in my hand when it is my time .
Find your strengths in your. “ Believe “

Hugs and love to you! I LOVED Nebo's trip reports and I remember laughing out loud at them all the time. Thank you for coming here and letting us know.

smidgy- I absolutely do remember Nebo's trip reports and I am so glad that you have posted links! His trips reports brought alot of joy and laughter. I loved hearing about your trips together. I was so sorry to follow his health situation- but very glad you were able to take another trip together. I have lurked on the disboards for a ridiculously long time, but I needed to register today to say thank you to you both for your shared joy and laughter over the years. Please accept my condolences, and my thanks.

Good evening Smidgy, my sincere condolences on your loss. Years ago as a Disboard newby it was Nebo and his incredibly funny trip reports that got me hooked on all things Disney. Now as a Florida resident and having our daughter work there we have fully embraced the magic I can only imagine the fantastic trip reports Nebo will write about his stay in heaven. I am sure he climbed too many stairs to get there and is in need of a drink. Cheers to you guys and the great Disboard legacy you both left. Best regards your friend Andy

Just a follow up smidgy- I used the search feature and I was able to find all of Nebo's trip reports. I book marked them.

I just stumbled on this. I’m so sorry to hear about Nebo. I remember his trip reports and how much I enjoyed reading them. My deepest sympathies go out to you, Smidgy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter